[APP] LocalCast - WebBrowser video parsing improved

Search This thread

millky

Jul 1, 2012
Trying to cast from my rooted kindle fire using localcast but it's not working. Chromecast is visible on network and can cast from the YouTube app but when using localcast the cast option doesn't appear.

Any solutions?

rbrandser

Jan 7, 2013
North pole
Trying to cast from my rooted kindle fire using localcast but it's not working. Chromecast is visible on network and can cast from the YouTube app but when using localcast the cast option doesn't appear.

Any solutions?
Typical weird bug, I don't think it's app specific. I sometimes have this issue too. Only the original chromecast supported apps recognizes the device. Usually restarting the chromecast fixes it.

obsidian_eclipse

May 25, 2011
The queue will persist, and the app will stop if there is no connection to the Chromecast.

Thanks, I have donated now. So far it works well with my HTC one xl and generic android tablet. Even plays embedded videos in websites with ease and I struggled with some other apps similar to localcast, I can get rid of my 5m hdmi cable now.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dakdroid

May 24, 2010

dakdroid

May 24, 2010
First I wanted to say thank you for this awesome app.

I just have one question. And I do apologize if this has been asked before. Is the video interface that shows up on the Chromecast's screen or TV going to be updated to a more modern design? Right now it has a green bar with a blue Tron wheel. I was hoping you'd change it to a more minimal/flat design. Something like Avia app. Or even better would be giving us multiple choices or (themes) as how to the video UI will look like.

I am not really good at designing these things. If someone provides better wallpapers, I'll gladly use them. Easiest would be to replace the current 3 with 3 new ones.

Jun 12, 2014
I like the new look! But i'm sorry to say that the missing subtitles bug is still there. Every few minutes a pair of lines (always a pair of lines) are missig. Maybe in the next update.

Thanks for the great job, anyway!

dakdroid

May 24, 2010
A fix for the missing Chromecast icon bug is coming, hopefully soon:

Hi Everyone,

We've identified an issue and are working quickly towards a fix. The issue we've found is affecting all users on Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0 to 4.0.4) and you won't see the Cast icon when trying to Cast from apps other than Netflix and YouTube. If you are having this issue, we are aware of the it and will post here when a fix is available.

Thanks for your patience!
Jacky and the Chromecast Team

Source:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/chromecast/lK0J8ExyQB0

amit3880

Feb 28, 2013
Pune
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
I somehow not able to make this work. Please help.!

I am using I9300 S3 phone and have Samsung Smart TV latest 2014 model.
I am able to successfully use AllCast app and play videos from phone to TV.

when I am using LocalCast, it searches the TV and shows that is connected but the play button on any media is not playing it and nothing happens..

Can anyone guide me on this?

Thank you very much.!

Reactions: LeidenSpain

dakdroid

May 24, 2010
I somehow not able to make this work. Please help.!

I am using I9300 S3 phone and have Samsung Smart TV latest 2014 model.
I am able to successfully use AllCast app and play videos from phone to TV.

when I am using LocalCast, it searches the TV and shows that is connected but the play button on any media is not playing it and nothing happens..

Can anyone guide me on this?

Thank you very much.!
Seems like this is bugged. Unfortunately I don't know right now how I could debug this, because I don't have a smart TV. I'll try to provide a fix over the weekend.

amit3880

Feb 28, 2013
Pune
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Last edited:

ron_e

Dec 29, 2009
multiple accounts

I have multiple Google accounts on my phone. I paid to remove adds under one account but the app is still displaying adds. When I go into remove adds now, it shows the other account. How do I get the app to check the right account?

Like the work on this so far! Would love to see a dark theme for the app.

dakdroid

May 24, 2010
I have multiple Google accounts on my phone. I paid to remove adds under one account but the app is still displaying adds. When I go into remove adds now, it shows the other account. How do I get the app to check the right account?

Like the work on this so far! Would love to see a dark theme for the app.

This is unfortunately a pretty bad choice made by Google:
I can only get the purchases in the app for the primary account on the phone (the one you added first). I hope that they change this soon, but it seems the only solution is to remove all other accounts. Reboot your phone and then add back the others.

E.g.:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...gle-play-account-different-from-the-device-pr

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/android-developers/EbcAdThiIWc

I can cancel and refund the purchase, so you can purchase it on your primary account. You'd just need to forward me the purchase confirmation email from the Playstore to dakdroid@gmail.com. I need the number in there.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4.2.0.2:
    Roku!
    Image casting to SmartTVs fixed
    Streams: Title will be displayed if available
    Ripples: Fixed rippling at now playing screen
    Device selector: Fixed displaying multiple times
    Chromecast: Fixed disconnect / exit app on tv, both did exit
    BETA feature: Play on device, enable in settings

Everyone has a friend with an iPhone or an iPad. Tell them to get LocalCast on iOS here: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id969804264

Older:

3.9.9.1.beta:
    Major refactor under the hood, almost every file was changed.
    A couple of new features added, a couple of bugs fixed and a couple of things improved. I really hate to write these notes.
    3.9.9.0 -> 3.9.9.1:
    - fixed items not visible pre Lollipop
    - fixed text cut off

LocalCast 3.5.0:
    - tablet layout for larger tablets, e.g. Nexus 9, 10
    - Sonos devices added
    - subtitle text color
    - subtitle timing
    - notification beautified and merged into one
    - new icon
    - new materialized album view
    - Dropbox browsing added
    - more, see changelog in the app

LocalCast 3.3.12:

Lots of usability improvements!

New:
    Resume: videos / music, it will resume 10 seconds before (you can set the time in the settings)
    Multiselect: Touch icon/preview image
    Bookmarks: You can now add folders into the navigation drawer (device only)
    Subtitles: Subtitle file in same folder will be searched
    Subtitle folder: Add a subtitle folder, which will be searched automatically for a matching file
    All songs: sorting can be changed to alphabetically
    Navigationdrawer: Items can be hidden
    SMB: you can now append folders e.g. 192.168.178.2/Users/me/Videos/

Changes:
    Settings beautified
    Preview images cropped to circles
    Minor layout tweaks

Fixes:
    Folder view: lag fixed when browsing music files
    Lockscreen image: fixed displaying wrong image

LocalCast 3.2.2:
    bug fixes and performance improvements

LocalCast 3.1.12:
    bug fixes and performance improvements

LocalCast 3.0.09:
    SmartTV casting fixed

LocalCast 3.0.02:
    Material
    cast to Apple TV, DLNA, SmartTVs

LocalCast 2.6.4.beta:

Google Drive
    Google+
    Dropbox
    Subtitle font size
    Playlists
    Fixed: urls got cut off
    Picture panning
    Other things I forgot already

LocalCast 2.2.3:

Route audio to phone
    crash fixes

LocalCast 2.1.0:

Fixed not casting
    Multiple picture selection
    SMB: Queue added
    Server notification updated
    Changelog: 2nd post

LocalCast 2.0.3:
    New features:

- Subtitles:
    Start a movie, then either hit 'Add subtitle' or just go back and open the Folder view. Navigate to your subtitle and touch it. You can toggle the subtitle on the 'Now playing' screen.

- Rotation:
    Pictures and Videos can be rotated in 90° steps

- Zoom:
    Pictures and Videos can be zoomed in & out.

- Artist: & Albums:
    The music category got 2 new tabs for Artists and Albums

- Paste Link:
    You can now paste every link in the App. Instead of blindly searching a video link and playing it, all links to videos will be displayed. You can choose to play it or queue it. This works for links that get shared with the app, too.

- TV Layout:
    I don't use a ready made receiver app by Google anymore, but a custom one, where I had to build everything myself, so it looks different. To avoid burn in on Plasma and other TVs, when only music is playing, the background changes and the cover moves.

- Subtitles + SMB:
    I forgot to handle subtitles from smb shares. So an easy fix for now is: copy the subtitle to your device. Start the movie from your smb share and add the subtitle.
    Version 1.1.1: Apk download: http://goo.gl/C7zKnP
    This maybe will be free forever. I hope.
    yes

Version 1.0.9 ( Android 4+ only for now, 2.3+ will follow in 1.1.0):
    XDA beta only apk download: http://goo.gl/lwOzgz

Changelog:
    - Image streaming added (bug: reports format not supported, but displays image)
    - Music streaming added
    - Folder navigation added
    - UI beautified
    - couple of bugs added... I am aware of these and will fix them, please no bug reports for this version.

Displaying one image and listening to one song at a time, kinda makes no sense, so I will add a 'diashow' and 'playlist/queue'.
    As mentioned before: for music streaming, keep an eye on my other app: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2545818
    Chromecast support is almost done, there.

Screenshot_2014-02-17-21-22-36.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-17-22-17-22.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-17-21-21-29.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-17-21-22-19.png

If streaming is slow/stuttering/always buffering:
    Please check your WLAN connection...
    I was wondering if your app supports it, and if not, could maybe add it in the future?
    To be honest, I didn't look into what actually works (YET) or what doesn't and I don't check that before sending it to the Chromecast.
    Everything which is recognized by Android as video, will be displayed in the list and you can try to send it.
    The possibility to support more formats is there, but requires additional coding, which will take a while.

1 sharing from other apps
    2 folder support
    3 from networks folders (NAS, ...)
    1+2: soon. 3 yes but no ETA

Can you add a sharing intent ...
    yes