Play Store FC's

Search This thread

Jimmy34742

Jul 1, 2011
成都
The Play Store app started FC'ing on my S4 about a month ago or so in various contexts. I've already tried wiping its data, uninstalling updates, then reinstalling. I'm able to reproduce the following FC, so maybe if I can solve this, I'll solve the whole problem:

While showing My Apps, if I quickly switch the device on and off, Play Store becomes unresponsive. I can press the home button and get to my home screen, but the UI otherwise is frozen for about 20 seconds until Play Store dies. At the beginning of the attached logcat, it says:
Code:
Calling a method in the system process without a qualified user: android.app.ContextImpl.sendBroadcast:1337 com.android.server.am.ActivityStack.startPausingLocked:1342 com.android.server.am.ActivityStack.finishActivityLocked:5865 com.android.server.am.ActivityStack.finishActivityLocked:5779 com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleAppCrashLocked:9428 
D/15:36:29.186 CrashAnrDetector(24983)
processName: com.android.vending
D/15:36:29.186 CrashAnrDetector(24983)
broadcastEvent : com.android.vending system_app_crash
V/15:36:29.186 AlarmManager(24983)
trigger ELAPSED_REALTIME_WAKEUP or RTC_WAKEUP
Does that mean something to anyone?

The app dies 12 seconds later, at the end of the logcat, but I don't know if the stuff in the middle has any bearing after that app_crash entry. Apparently, that's the 12 seconds that my phone is locked up, though it seems longer. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 2014-01-30_15-37-27.txt
    27.3 KB · Views: 4

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
Have you tried uninstalling and re installing Play Store to user space, without restoring its data at all?

When I had this issue, this either worked or didn't. When it didn't I couldn't find a solution except re-flash a G-apps ZIP!

Reactions: Jimmy34742

Jimmy34742

Jul 1, 2011
成都
Have you tried uninstalling and re installing Play Store to user space, without restoring its data at all?

When I had this issue, this either worked or didn't. When it didn't I couldn't find a solution except re-flash a G-apps ZIP!
Yeah, but I just tried wiping Play Store's data, reverting to factory-installed Play Store, and rebooting, and I was still able to get it to freeze, but only 1 time in about 10 tries. After Play Store updates, I'll try it again. If this is the only context where it freezes (without actually FC'ing), then that's not nearly as bad as the error where it FC's in the background and locks up my phone for 20 seconds at random times. In that case, I have to use Android Tuner's crystallize function.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.