• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

hpl912

Nov 5, 2010
When I went to the shop for my Z2, a freshly opened (purple) one had several little paint chips around the phone at that line (refer to picture marked by the arrow) revealing underneath's silver color. We opened a second box, though not as severe and visible as the first one, there were also very slight paint chipping off around the same area.

Is this a common issue? does your Z2 has paint chipping off at the edge where it starts to be a mat color (refer to picture)? now i'm worried with just a few weeks use might eventually chip it off considering it can already chip off when it's brand new. Don't remember having this issue with the Z1's paint even after a half year of heavy use!

Attachments

• Sony-Xperia-Z-2_purple_4.jpg
    Sony-Xperia-Z-2_purple_4.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

Lostatsea23

Apr 13, 2014
It's most likely a manufacturing flaw. Not necessarily easily damaged. All phones have some tiny flaw usually. The s5 I had came with plastic molding sticking up in some spots making it looked scratched. But this phone is pretty perfect. I have one teeny tiny mark you speak of. And you can't see it unless you look for it

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk