[SCRIPT] ViperS JB Script v2.2 | Revelation JB Script v1.2 | For ROM Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

LocotesKilla

Aug 1, 2012
Birmingham
OP Update

Updated the scripts again, mostly clearing up some punctuation here and there.

Changed descriptions again too.

Main change is I removed HTCAlbum.apk from the scripts, I don't know what possessed me to put it in there as removing it would mean you couldn't access your pictures from the Camera App.

The Aroma installer in ViperS doesn't even remove it when you choose "HTC Gallery", good.

Don't worry if you have already used the script, it wasn't set to remove it anyway :)

I'm going to start doing some serious testing of things myself next, then every entry will have a description, hopefully :)

Last edited:

Sprint82

Jan 13, 2011
Bremen
Are you sure you used it properly? Tell me what you did to execute the script. Does it match the instructions posted in the OP post?

I started the cleaner after putting the user.txt file to the rom cleaner folder.
Inside the aroma installer I choice the clean option, no backup before and nothing else.
I read in the description that the cleaner automatically uses the script if copied to the right folder so I thought everything went fine, because there was no error message.
What did I wrong?

LocotesKilla

Aug 1, 2012
Birmingham
I started the cleaner after putting the user.txt file to the rom cleaner folder.
Inside the aroma installer I choice the clean option, no backup before and nothing else.
I read in the description that the cleaner automatically uses the script if copied to the right folder so I thought everything went fine, because there was no error message.
What did I wrong?

For support in this case do a log collection from ROM Cleaner main menu then reboot from the power menu. Upload RC_LogCollection.tar

PandaKiller

Sep 21, 2008
Lisboa / Leiria
IN VIPER S JB
After clear my rom, without touching ROMCleaner_user.txt, my Sensation takes a while to startup and even more time to show the status bar.
Anyone has the same problem? Any suggestion?

Sprint82

Jan 13, 2011
Bremen
Not really but after heavy usage, the sensation becomes laggy with using swap mods e.g. TurboBoostMod 3.0.3 or MultiSwap 4.2.

Last edited:
Reactions: LocotesKilla

LocotesKilla

Aug 1, 2012
Birmingham
IN VIPER S JB
After clear my rom, without touching ROMCleaner_user.txt, my Sensation takes a while to startup and even more time to show the status bar.
Anyone has the same problem? Any suggestion?

This is just standard behavior on the first boot after making changes to the rom system files. It's just like booting a new rom for the first time, or clearing the dalvik cache. It's actually quicker than before because their are less apps for the rom to optimise.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

LocotesKilla

Aug 1, 2012
Birmingham

Thank you, I'll take a look when I have the time.

Edit: I've had a look, I was expecting some logs but, I found no logs lol, maybe you are supposed to run the script and then go back to the menu to create the logs... I got the idea from the ROM Cleaner Thread, you could try searching for your problem on there.

The script has gone through a few updates since the one you have, get the new one and give it a go, not that it should make any difference to it working or not as it still has a default script built in that should do something anyway.

So, hmmmm?

Last edited:

LocotesKilla

Aug 1, 2012
Birmingham
"If you are DeSensing, remove HTC Weather in Aroma first!"

How can I delete it in Aroma ? I'm a little bit confused, because in Revelation's Aroma there's no option like this... Also, I was searching in RomCleaner - the same result... :(

Yes actually, you will find an option to remove system apps in the Aroma... must be as it is in the aroma-config and aroma-updater... I believe it is a checkbox... also one for keyboards and other stuff... I recommend you do it to get rid of other things you don't need too...

Last edited:

LocotesKilla

Aug 1, 2012
Birmingham
OP Update!

Unfortunately, this thread is going to close.

The scripts and their support will continue on the official ROM Cleaner thread so don't worry.

Cheers :)

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Thread Closed

As requested by OP​
[/B]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - ROM Cleaner Scripts for ViperS JB and Revelation JB -

- Introduction -
    These ROM Cleaner scripts are designed to work alongside the Aroma installers for the ViperS JB and Revelation JB Roms.​

- About -
    The ViperS script contain fixes for errors in the Aroma installer, check them out. Both scripts will also remove any leftovers from the Aroma installers.

You will be able to enjoy more available system memory, RAM and increased battery life due to reducing the chances of wake locks.

It is also a great way to quickly gain space for Hinxnz' MultiSwap Mods that use system memory.​

- Before Installation -
    Read all of this OP post before installation!

Before proceeding with with using your script, make sure you have removed everything that you do not need with the Aroma installer on your chosen Rom first. This will help you in getting the maximum benefit from your script.

Once you have done this, you can now edit your script to your requirements, don't just use your script straight away or you may not be happy with what gets removed.​

- Script Editing -
    Open your script using notepad++ or Notepad2 on a PC. If you are using a Mac, use Text Edit.

You will see that your script is split into sections and full of notes to help you decide what you want to keep and remove from your Rom.

It is as simple as this... #Rosie.apk - Your Sense Launcher will not be removed. Rosie.apk - Your Sense Launcher will be removed. It's all about the # !​

- Installing with HTC Sense or DeSensing -
    The option to keep or remove HTC Sense is the first entry in your script, please read the note in this section in your script if you plan on DeSensing.​

- Trouble Shooting -
    At the bottom of the script are some "Experimental" options, personally I have removed all of these, as well as everything else I have no use for and had no problems at all.

The motto here is... The more you can remove, the better! But if something does break on your phone after using your script, please give feedback as I am here to help.​

- Installation -
    1. If you have not done so already, install your chosen Rom first and set it up how you like it before proceeding

2. Download your script (make sure you have read the OP post first) and edit it to your needs

3. Download Rom Cleaner v6.0 to your phone or put it on your phone

4. Place your personalised script in /sdcard/ROMCleaner

5. Boot into recovery, open the ROM Cleaner zip package, pick "ROM Cleaner." Now pick Sense install and press Next

6. You can safely ignore the additional options and just press Next again and wait until ROM Cleaner is done

7. Press Reboot and enjoy the results​

- Accidental Removal -
    If you accidentally removed something you wanted to keep, do the following.

1. Open your Rom zip package

2. Navigate to system/app and find the .apk file you accidentally removed and transfer it to your SD Card

4. Move the .apk file to the system/app directory on your phone

5. Now reboot and it will reinstall itself

(Note for Revelation users: if you chose to remove "HTC Live Wallpapers" but kept "HTC Weather" when installing the Rom, you need to do this to restore HtcWeatherWallpaper.apk to get your fullscreen weather animations back.)​

- Changelog -
    OP will post updates in the thread.​

- Credits -
    Hinxnz for his ideas and help.

Also to the teams who made ROM Cleaner, ViperS and Revelation.​

- Downloads -
    Thank you for your share!
    thanks for your effort on fine tuning this script. will be using it for my next ViperS reinstallation.
    Thanks for share...:good:
    Can you please post download link, because we can't download from xda app from your signature.
    Bdw, great work, thanks

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Don't you have a browser? lol

Sure, will do :)

Edit: Links now present in OP post.