[Q] HD Videos on Galaxy Grand Quattro

Search This thread

Painsama18

Mar 21, 2014
Hello there my friends, this is my first time posting in XDA Developers so forgive me if I make any mistake, sorry if this is not the correct forum for this post.

Soooooo, I had a Galaxy S2 as my previous phone, which died so I went to get a new one and I decided to buy this Galaxy Win (Grand Quattro) since at first sight seemed like a nice smartphone. In my old Galaxy S2 I used have my collection of music videos and other types in HD qualities such as 720p and even 1080p, and I really enjoyed watching them in my free time. When I got this Grand Quattro one of the first thing I did was to get my HD videos on my new phone when I got the surprise that this phone cannot play that kind of quality.

I was very surprised since is a Quad-Core smartphone and my S2 was a Dual-Core one, so talking about processor the Grand Quattro is better. Also the Grand Quattro have a 1GB RAM memory which is equal to the 1GB RAM memory of my old S2, so talking about RAM is the same.

I was wondering why cant I play HD videos on the Grand Quattro if it have better specifications than my old S2?

Is there a way for me to play them on the Grand Quattro?

I was wondering that myself for a bit when I got to the conclusion that why would a smartphone with a 5 MP camera that cant even record on 720p play a video in that quality, thinking that way its kinda obvious, the S2 had a 8 MP camera capable of recording even 1080p and the Grand Quattro cand poorly record some 480p.

Sorry if my question is kinda stupid I just had some curiosity and wanted to ask here, thank you very much :D

ZANKRUT.DOSHI

Feb 16, 2013
Quattro's processor is cortex a5 while s2 is cortex a9 and if you want to play HD videos then install MX player but quattro is better for gaming

Reactions: Painsama18

Shrukul

Mar 2, 2014
Hubli
Hello there my friends, this is my first time posting in XDA Developers so forgive me if I make any mistake, sorry if this is not the correct forum for this post.

Soooooo, I had a Galaxy S2 as my previous phone, which died so I went to get a new one and I decided to buy this Galaxy Win (Grand Quattro) since at first sight seemed like a nice smartphone. In my old Galaxy S2 I used have my collection of music videos and other types in HD qualities such as 720p and even 1080p, and I really enjoyed watching them in my free time. When I got this Grand Quattro one of the first thing I did was to get my HD videos on my new phone when I got the surprise that this phone cannot play that kind of quality.

I was very surprised since is a Quad-Core smartphone and my S2 was a Dual-Core one, so talking about processor the Grand Quattro is better. Also the Grand Quattro have a 1GB RAM memory which is equal to the 1GB RAM memory of my old S2, so talking about RAM is the same.

I was wondering why cant I play HD videos on the Grand Quattro if it have better specifications than my old S2?

I was wondering that myself for a bit when I got to the conclusion that why would a smartphone with a 5 MP camera that cant even record on 720p play a video in that quality, thinking that way its kinda obvious, the S2 had a 8 MP camera capable of recording even 1080p and the Grand Quattro cand poorly record some 480p.

Sorry if my question is kinda stupid I just had some curiosity and wanted to ask here, thank you very much :D

Firstly install mx player... and then go to playstore and search for "MX Player Codec(ARMv7)" and install it... After installing it, open your mx player and go to settings and then go to decoder... there you will see an option "USE H/W+ Decoder",, enable it by ticking it.. and thats it.. you can now play 1080p videos on your Quattro!! :cowboy:;)

lols21.10

Dec 22, 2012
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Firstly install mx player... and then go to playstore and search for "MX Player Codec(ARMv7)" and install it... After installing it, open your mx player and go to settings and then go to decoder... there you will see an option "USE H/W+ Decoder",, enable it by ticking it.. and thats it.. you can now play 1080p videos on your Quattro!! :cowboy:;)

Didn't work for me :crying:

coolkoushik07

Oct 26, 2009
Kolkata
Not only cpu but it also depends on gpu.. And there is no hd support in quattro.. And for ur kind of information dual core cortex a9 cpu id far better than quad core cortex a5 cpu.. The only advantage is cortex a5 consume less battery.. Dont compare cpu with number of cores but compare with the architechture of the cpu..

Sent from my GT-I8552

nishalhacker

Oct 28, 2014
It worked on my quattro.i didn't even download codec.i just mx player and run video in software decoder mode instead od hardware decoder and hardware decoder+ mode

vivek2dx

Aug 25, 2015
can`t do anything for it...

i suggest download video of less than 720p .....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quattro's processor is cortex a5 while s2 is cortex a9 and if you want to play HD videos then install MX player but quattro is better for gaming

Not only cpu but it also depends on gpu.. And there is no hd support in quattro.. And for ur kind of information dual core cortex a9 cpu id far better than quad core cortex a5 cpu.. The only advantage is cortex a5 consume less battery.. Dont compare cpu with number of cores but compare with the architechture of the cpu..

Sent from my GT-I8552