Upgrade the rom

Search This thread

yongh

May 8, 2009
baltimore
I'm on 4.3 want to upgrade to 4.4.3 .what I have to do can some one help with step by step?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

deny_kei

Jun 11, 2011
Jakarta
I use nexus root tool kit as there is no news for nexus 7 wifi ota update yet. Simple and easy for noob like me hehehe:D

vs980

deny_kei

Jun 11, 2011
Jakarta
Did you back up your stock rom. I think it will do because it will erase everything event your internal file. After that you can root and install twrp.

vs980

deny_kei

Jun 11, 2011
Jakarta
In that case copy all your backup to computer and run nexus root toolkit, just follow the instruction and you good to go.

yongh

May 8, 2009
baltimore
In that case copy all your backup to computer and run nexus root toolkit, just follow the instruction and you good to go.

So I have to go back to stock rom before I can flash 4.4.3 custom rom? What about do I need to update the bootloader?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

deny_kei

Jun 11, 2011
Jakarta
Restore to stock, plug your n7 to computer and make sure you have unlock boot loader, install n7 driver with adb , turn on USB debuting, and open the latest wugfresh root tool kit. Choose your firmware which is ktu84l n7 wifi. Find flash stock and unroot button. It will request you to download factory img. If you already download then proceed to flash. it will take a while just be patient. If done you can rooted back, just choose root with custom recovery.
Guys correct me if I am wrong, this is my personal experience. :)

deny_kei

Jun 11, 2011
Jakarta
That IMG that you flash is 4.4.3 so after flashed you already in 4.4.3.