[FIXED] PTP works, MTP doesn't work. Why?
So I got another Nexus 4 for my sister. My computer didn't have a Nexus 4 toolkit, so I thought I didn't install any drivers on my comp, so I downloaded Nexus 4 Toolkit and installed the drivers. I connect her phone to my comp. It installs the adb driver and says device is ready. I go to My Computers and I don't see it there. I uncheck MTP. Computer proceeds to try and install and random driver and said it failed. I check PTP. Computer successfully installed driver and ADB works. ADB doesn't work for MTP.
So I uninstalled all the drivers thru device manager and through Wug's toolkit. I rebooted my computer. I reinstalled all the drivers. I connect my sister's phone. Same issue. I connect my phone. Same issue.
I go install the drivers again on another computer in my house that guarantee has no drivers before. Same problem arises. I tried my phone too, and it doesn't work. I am not running stock. I am running SpeedX ROM.
1. Download Wug's toolkit
2. Use his Full Driver Installation guide to uninstall all drivers.
3. Install PdaNet Drivers, following the instructions given (Pick LG instead of "others")
4. After installation, turn off usb debugging, and open device managers.
5. Connect phone, making sure it's in MTP mode.
6. Observe in device managers that something popped up (Should be something something subbranch Nexus 4 with a yellow triangle)
7. Right click> Update driver
8. Browse my computer for driver software
9. Let me pick from device on computer
10. Pick the MTP USB Device
11. Let it install.