One keeps vibrating after in water?

Search This thread

limache

Nov 21, 2008
Hi I was at the beach and forgot my phone was in my pocket and stupidly walked into the ocean :crying:

I put it into rice for a few days and dried it off but it doesn't turn on. The only thing that happens is if I plug it into the USB, a green light blinks on and off and it keeps vibrating. What does it mean? Is it saveable?

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad
Hi I was at the beach and forgot my phone was in my pocket and stupidly walked into the ocean :crying:

I put it into rice for a few days and dried it off but it doesn't turn on. The only thing that happens is if I plug it into the USB, a green light blinks on and off and it keeps vibrating. What does it mean? Is it saveable?

I think your phone is bricked. Try looking at the posts on this thread and see if it solves your problem.

limache

Nov 21, 2008
Thanks. Btw I'm actually thinking about getting the M8. I backed up my HTC One M7 on my Mac with HTC Sync. Can I restore my backup onto a new HTC One M8?

limache

Nov 21, 2008
Does anyone know if Sprint can recover data from a water damaged phone like mine? I took a lot of photos on it during my trip to Europe but since it doesn't have an microsd card it's all internal. Just curious if anyone knows.