ZVD, AOSP, Loki, HELP?!

Search This thread

official.xian

Jul 4, 2014
Bangor, ME
www.abbygrant.com
Okay, so I think I understand all this, but help me out anyways please. I know that once you take the ZVA OTA you can't easily flash an AOSP ROM like CyanogenMod, and this is because something in ZVA (the radio?) patched Loki, right? So what has to be changed (if anything besides going back to ZV:cool: to be able to flash an AOSP ROM? And after doing whatever that is, can I then use Nandroids and Titanium to switch between, say CyanogenMod and the original software that came on my phone? Thanks, just trying to understand how it all works. :)

official.xian

Jul 4, 2014
Bangor, ME
www.abbygrant.com
Okay so if I .TOT back to LS980ZVA, root with ioroot, put TWRP on with AutoRec, then make a backup and flash CyanogenMod, wipe dalvik, system, cache, and data, I should have CyanogenMod? Then will I be able to restore to that backup to be on the LG software?

official.xian

Jul 4, 2014
Bangor, ME
www.abbygrant.com
Aosp are in zva radio firmware. Current is zvc radio with zvd firmware.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Okay, last night I downloaded the LS980ZVA_01.TOT from StorageCow and reset back to stock.
  1. Download LS980ZVA_01.TOT
  2. Open LGFlashTool
  3. Open .DLL and .TOT
  4. Put LS980 into Download Mode
  5. Start LGFlashTool process.
  6. Plug in LS980
  7. Phone is flashed to stock ZVA
  8. Run ioroot
  9. Phone is rooted
  10. Download AutoRec and Install
  11. Run AutoRec to install TWRP recovery
  12. Go into TWRP, make backup
  13. Wipe System, Dalvik Cache
  14. Wipe Data, Cache
  15. Install cm-11-20140810-NIGHTLY-ls980
  16. Wipe Dalvik & Cache
  17. Install ls980_noOC-simple-v5 (dr87's Kernel)
  18. Reboot
  19. Get "LG Security Error"

I tried this in several different combinations from wiping dalvik and cache to not, to flashing Kernel and not, etc. none worked, and when I restored my backup, I was stuck in a black screen boot loop (just notification LED changing colors). So help me out here, please. I'd like to be able to switch easily between CyanogenMod and LG software. I know that I can get CM on ZV8, but I kinda want my Spark.

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
Okay, last night I downloaded the LS980ZVA_01.TOT from StorageCow and reset back to stock.
  1. Download LS980ZVA_01.TOT
  2. Open LGFlashTool
  3. Open .DLL and .TOT
  4. Put LS980 into Download Mode
  5. Start LGFlashTool process.
  6. Plug in LS980
  7. Phone is flashed to stock ZVA
  8. Run ioroot
  9. Phone is rooted
  10. Download AutoRec and Install
  11. Run AutoRec to install TWRP recovery
  12. Go into TWRP, make backup
  13. Wipe System, Dalvik Cache
  14. Wipe Data, Cache
  15. Install cm-11-20140810-NIGHTLY-ls980
  16. Wipe Dalvik & Cache
  17. Install ls980_noOC-simple-v5 (dr87's Kernel)
  18. Reboot
  19. Get "LG Security Error"

I tried this in several different combinations from wiping dalvik and cache to not, to flashing Kernel and not, etc. none worked, and when I restored my backup, I was stuck in a black screen boot loop (just notification LED changing colors). So help me out here, please. I'd like to be able to switch easily between CyanogenMod and LG software. I know that I can get CM on ZV8, but I kinda want my Spark.
You need ZV8 modem, and you cannot flash Simplekernel onto CM11. There's not any stable kernels on Cm11 except for the CM11 kernel that is bundled.

Dethkid2008

Sep 16, 2014
Snellville, ga
Thanks. I finally just .TOT'd back to ZV8 and installed CM11 that way. Ugh that was a pain in the arse.

yea i spent 3 days doing this and bricked my phone bad by nor remembering to flash the kernel and not knowing about the zv8 radio.

i have read other post about the radio and it seems to throttle the speeds of your data more than anything

http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/93947-which-radio-to-flash-for-latest-nightly-ls980/.

BTW for others reading you do not have to tot to zv8 just need to flash the zv8 modem.zip along with the ROM and gapps

Last edited:

EMINENT1

Apr 28, 2011
So, I have stock zvd backup, but when I restore it, I'm stuck in boot loop. Currently on CM 11 with zv8. What do I need to do to boot into my previous stock zvd backup?

Reactions: Dethkid2008

Dethkid2008

Sep 16, 2014
Snellville, ga
Try re flashing the zvd radio had same problem but with a cm11 backup reflashed the zv8 radio and booted no problem

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

So, I have stock zvd backup, but when I restore it, I'm stuck in boot loop. Currently on CM 11 with zv8. What do I need to do to boot into my previous stock zvd backup?

Try re flashing the zvd radio had same problem but with a cm11 backup reflashed the zv8 radio and booted no problem

Forgot to quote you hehe

LilDemon124

Sep 25, 2013
I'm on zvd but instead of constantly tot'in my phone I just flash modem and radio to zv8 and then flash cm11 or any aosp rom

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

official.xian

Jul 4, 2014
Bangor, ME
www.abbygrant.com
yea i spent 3 days doing this and bricked my phone bad by nor remembering to flash the kernel and not knowing about the zv8 radio.

i have read other post about the radio and it seems to throttle the speeds of your data more than anything

http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/93947-which-radio-to-flash-for-latest-nightly-ls980/.

BTW for others reading you do not have to tot to zv8 just need to flash the zv8 modem.zip along with the ROM and gapps

I tried flashing just the ZV8 modem ZIP with ROM and GApps and it never worked. Tried several times. Had to .TOT no matter what. I spend basically a month with a new phone because I had to .TOT so many times from trying just about everything I could. Could you post exactly what you did to be able to just flash the ZV8 modem?

Dethkid2008

Sep 16, 2014
Snellville, ga
I tried flashing just the ZV8 modem ZIP with ROM and GApps and it never worked. Tried several times. Had to .TOT no matter what. I spend basically a month with a new phone because I had to .TOT so many times from trying just about everything I could. Could you post exactly what you did to be able to just flash the ZV8 modem?

Cm 11 -here
I prefer Snapshots
Zv8 Radio -Here
This link jumps straight to the download thanks to Zack Miller

Full gapps - here
Thanks to the Cyanogenmod Devs

My Setup
1. Sprint LG G2 LS980_ZVC_12.tot
2. TWRP v2.7.0.0 as custom recovery
Make sure that your .zip files (gapps, cm11, zv8 radio) are in the root of internal storage.
Boot to recovery and create a backup of system, boot, and data
Then do a wipe
Then you can (install) flash your .zip files, you can flash multiple at once
Select the cm11.zip first then the zv8radio.zip then the gapps.zip
Swipe to flash
Wipe dalvik/cache
Reboot make take up to 10 mins for cm11 to boot the first time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.