Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr

CrashTestDroid

Jul 12, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 8
Nice player and concept, would like to try it bit when playing all I hear is static, my music is in . wma format, is that file format not supported or what is the problem?

WMA is the worst possible format for music. It's proprietary, has a DRM-infested variant, and just plain isn't as good as any of the alternatives for CPU usage or sound quality per bitrate. That's why nobody but Microsoft uses it. If you have the original discs try ripping to MP3, AAC or Vorbis or FLAC. All those formats play perfectly.

Even if WMA gains support in Encore you will only get static if the file is DRM'ed.

Reactions: matraca

matraca

Oct 27, 2013
WMA is the worst possible format for music. It's proprietary, has a DRM-infested variant, and just plain isn't as good as any of the alternatives for CPU usage or sound quality per bitrate. That's why nobody but Microsoft uses it. If you have the original discs try ripping to MP3, AAC or Vorbis or FLAC. All those formats play perfectly.

Even if WMA gains support in Encore you will only get static if the file is DRM'ed.

Wow, I didn't know any of that, I just ripped my cd's and that was it, fortunately I do have all my cd's and can rip them again.
What would you recommended as far as format goes for the best sound quality?

CrashTestDroid

Jul 12, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 8
Wow, I didn't know any of that, I just ripped my cd's and that was it, fortunately I do have all my cd's and can rip them again.
FLAC for archiving, Vorbis or AAC for portable devices because they're transparent at reasonably small bitrates. ABX test to see what quality you find acceptable and use that.

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
FLAC is lossless, so you get exactly the same quality as the CD. Its great for backups, etc. If you have a high quality system, this is what you want.

If you are playing back using your phone's headset output (lower quality DAC) or bluetooth (lossy compression), then a high quality 300kbps Vorbis won't sound any different and you'll save a lot of space. If you might use a professional USB adaptor or network stream the files to a system with a high end DAC, go with FLAC.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

It crashes on my 5.1.1
I'm getting the same problem. Worse, I don't have to run it to have it crash and I get this big box that comes up asking Report or OK. No matter what it restarts and crashes again. The boxes spam my phone so bad that I have to reboot to use my phone.

Fix this and I'll get you a log! It wasn't the UI, it was a background process, and nothing else was running and I have 3GB of RAM so it wasn't an OOM issue. Just please make it stop restarting and then it will be safe to install and get a log.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

chrisrj28

Apr 26, 2008
Sacramento, CA
So my initial impressions after using this app for a week:

- The plugins work well, I have the spotify and GPM plugins currently, wouldn't mind seeing more down the road.
- Audio quality is good
- UI is excellent but with it being based off GPM which has a good UI I would expect this
- Now playing leaves much to be desired
- Needs some features like tag editing

Overall the biggest change I am waiting for to make this my default player is the now playing UI upgrade, a great music app is about functionality but also great aesthetics. A good look is a full screen album art type UI that allows you to swipe to the next and prev tracks.

Now this involves cropping I know but with high quality art it's still a great look, also incorporating android's dynamic color changing to match the UI on the now playing screen to colors in the album art. Take a look at MyPlayer++ here: http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-myplayer-lightweight-music-player-t2892233

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3329311&d=1432476542

AsexualPanda

Aug 24, 2015
Just started using this app, and only problem I have is the artist pictures. Some of them are wrong and others I would rather change as they are not very appropriate to an artist image(e. G bring me the horizon comes up as a magazine cover they were on). Is there a way to manually change the artist covers?

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Last edited:
Reactions: imaginaryenemy

Uechy

Jan 5, 2013
Madrid
I really like this app, lyrics search and a all that stuff. I am using Google puglin and I have to say is insane slow :( I can't even listen to music. I push play and minimum 30 seconds to wait until now playing appears and start loading the song. Now playing animation with random play is wat toooo long (it star scrolling trough the list of song) Some crashes and freezes. Its v1.0 I hope you can optimize it more if not...

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Z

ZeroX7C

My audio stops every few seconds, is this a known problem? (DSP enabled and disabled both return this result)

diegonnc

Feb 7, 2012
Piriapolis
Lg g3 using stock rom, i get audio crackling and noises, besides the app itselfs closes after some minutes too, needs a lot of optimization.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    encoremusic_xda_banner.png

Music is great. We love to listen to it, make it, dance to it, lip-sync to it, etc. Online music streaming has even become a requirement for anyone looking to listen on the go. The struggle is when you have that entire discography of The Who on your device, including those rare, unreleased tracks not found on music streaming services - how do you choose?

Encore Music brings all of your music, online and local, to one open-source app. Want Spotify™ Premium music streaming alongside your local music? Just download the Spotify™ Plug-In (http://xdaforums.com/apps/encore-music/spotify-provider-encore-music-t3176022). Add various audio plug-ins and other streaming providers as well.

Ever wished you could listen to the streamed, album-version of "Freebird", followed by your local copy of the piano version in one playlist? Now you can with Encore Music. Create a playlist with music sourced from multiple music sources, both online and local - all that is required is a plug-in for that streaming service.

Key Features:
    • Drive mode with voice commands
    • Chromecast and web cast support
    • Sound Effects plugins
    • Bluetooth automated actions
    • Echonest Integration (http://the.echonest.com/) allows music to be suggested for you
    • Recognition will recognize the music being played around you
    • ChartLyrics Integration so you'll know what that artist is actually saying

One app to rule your music, one app to find them, one app to bring them all, and on your device play them.

Download now at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fastbootmobile.encore.app

Visit our website at http://www.encoremusic.io/

Sources at https://github.com/fastbootmobile/encore

XDA:DevDB Information
    Encore Music, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    XpLoDWilD, fastbootmobile

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0.0

Created 2015-07-27
    Last Updated 2015-08-12
    soundcloud plugin on playstore?
    Are there plans for a Soundcloud plugin?

Yes

Is it possible to add "My songs" (http://imgur.com/iVnTGfo ) from Spotify as one playlist?

Unfortunately not for now, they don't have any API to access the saved tracks/albums/artists/...
    Reserved post 2