[APP][ROOT] Google Talk 1.3 with Video calling, Now wifi optional!

Search This thread
K

Killbynature

Try using the zip it force closes when trying video or voice chat feature. I have no one to test it out with so I'm using my PC from another Google account I'm on cm7 7.0.2 mytouch 4g it start then force close.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

ghostnik

Nov 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
Is there any chance at all this would/could work on froyo? It looks awesome. Even if video calls didn't work or something...

Sent from my MIUI SCH-i500

K

Killbynature

I used root explorer copy paste talk on system app give all permissions then copy/paste the lib in system lib Rom manager fix permissions then reboot i can see video but won't show video to the other person.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

pcboyy

Mar 29, 2008
Kelate
@OP,

sorry on my previous post, your CWM zip finally works on my Galaxy S i9000, except:
-on PC, no video by phone can be seen
-on phone, video can be seen from PC but phone uses back camera, not front

however, voice/sound works perfectly

this is much much better than nothing.. thanks to OP

Here are some snapshots:

Calling
callingc.jpg

Live conversation
p1000983w.jpg

bunnybash

Sep 18, 2010
Perth
OnePlus 7 Pro
Can we get some kind of noob instructions on best way to install this? I am on htc desire, running redux aosp 2.3.3

Just want to make sure it doesn't get screwed!

pcboyy

Mar 29, 2008
Kelate
Make sure you backup original talk.apk in /system/app (i.e. rename it to talk.apk.bak) before applying any of this mod

gullygossner

Aug 14, 2010
Regina
Used the ADB method
Running CM7 nightly 58 on Nexus S
-I can make a video call out
-seeing the other person via computer webcam
-they can hear me but cannot see me
-not 100% if the person can call me from the other end but I don't think it is the case, the tester was a noob
-the app is using my rear camera with no option to switch

Have to admit the voice quality and the video quality is pretty stellar via 3g even, quite excited for full implementation of this app. I see it as the future just so long as all devices can get 2.3.4 in a timely maner.

ghostnik

Nov 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
im using a G2 running CM7, as far as im concerned its universal

I tried gapps after I did a backup in nandroid and then through recovery flashed new gapps zip file you posted and it installed but when I rebooted the first problem was a force close with gmail then when I tried voice and video calls in gtalk on my HTC magic/sapphire 32B running Ginger yoshi RC7, I kept getting force closings even when other person tried to initiate call.

Sent from my HTC Magic/Dream using XDA App

sagarpruthi

Jan 22, 2009
New Delhi
www.theflyp.com
This is the new Google talk from the Nexus S update yesterday.

Needs: 2.3+ and root.

What I did:
Deodexed, made a one line comment in the smali, recompiled, pushed...works!!!

File edited:
\com\google\android\talk\SigninActivity.smali

Deleted line (#1141):
invoke-interface {v4}, Lcom/google/android/gtalkservice/IImSession;->logout()V

To install:
Code:
adb remount
adb shell [COLOR="Red"]mv [/COLOR]/system/app/Talk.apk /system/app/Talk.apk1
adb [COLOR="DarkOrange"]uninstall [/COLOR]com.google.android.talk
adb [COLOR="Blue"]push [/COLOR]libtalk_jni.so /system/lib/
adb [COLOR="Blue"]push [/COLOR]Talk2.apk /system/app

Files and Screenshot attached.
fKJts.png

Credits:
1) Google for everything Android
2) The CyanogenMod team for CM7!!!!
3) JesusFreke for smali/baksmali

Can some one teach me how to do the steps on a MAC. just switched to a mac so kinda new to using terminal on it. Thanks.

xgustavoacex

Dec 9, 2010
I try to use on my nexus S running CM7.0.2 and it installs, but gtalk win app cant ask for video chat (says my system does not suport video chat) and when I try to start from my phone, its in the wrong camera (back camera) and keeps canceling the call.

Not working well.. Something is missing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the new Google talk from the Nexus S update yesterday.

Requires: 2.3+ (as per this) and root. It has been reported to not work on ARM6 CPUs

What I did:
    Deodexed, made a one line comment in the smali, recompiled, pushed...works!!!
    File edited: \com\google\android\talk\SigninActivity.smali
    Deleted line (#1141): invoke-interface {v4}, Lcom/google/android/gtalkservice/IImSession;->logout()V

Versions available: (Use the latest from below (#7), or use DeToX-cz's installer app)
    1. "Talk_with AV.zip". Same as stock with just the FC fixed so it works on other phones.
    2. "Talk_with_AV_no_wifi.zip" or "talk1.3.nowifi.update-signed.zip". Added a fix to let it work over your data connection.
    3. "talk1.3.nowifi.v2-signed.zip". Added an additional fix to let it work over data.
    4. xilard version. #3 with Camera and microphone tweaks.
    5. Paul@Modaco's gTalk installer. Installs the new gTalk files. Needs root. Not sure what mods he has incorporated in it.
    6. xilard version +theos0o portrait fix, by $omator
    7. version "1.33" by theos0o [thread][multiupload link]. I copied the 3 files in the update.zip manually using android commander and it works fine. (Nexus one, 2.3.5 CM nightly)

To install:
    1. Via ADB
      (lines starting with # are comments)
      Code:
      [COLOR=SlateGray]#mount the /system partition as writeable[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=Blue]adb [/COLOR][COLOR=Green]remount[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=SlateGray]#backup the old Talk app[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=blue]adb [/COLOR]shell [COLOR=Red]mv [/COLOR]/system/app/Talk.apk /system/app/Talk.apk1
      [COLOR=SlateGray]#uninstall the old gtalk, I think it clears the related cached bytecode too.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=blue]adb [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrange]uninstall [/COLOR]com.google.android.talk
      [COLOR=SlateGray]#copy the two new files[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=blue]adb [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]push [/COLOR]libtalk_jni.so /system/lib/
      [COLOR=blue]adb [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]push [/COLOR]Talk2.apk /system/app
    2. Via a flashable update. Choose one. (These sometimes require wifi)
      Make sure you backup Talk.apk just in case.
      CM7, works for most, some report an error.
      Alternate1, this version simply copies the two system files, no mounting. (via puertoblack2003)
      Alternate2, uses busybox to mount/unmount /system. This is an unsigned zip. (via abhi0n0nakul)
      Alternate3: This full google apps pack from 20110503 includes it.
    3. Using a root capable file management app like root explorer
      Installing using Root Explorer (via I2asta)

Credits:
    1) Google for everything Android
    2) The CyanogenMod team for CM7!!!!
    3) JesusFreke for smali/baksmali

Notes:
    - Many have reported the inability to switch between cameras. We will probably need to wait for the full 2.3.4 update.
    - After installing, click on your own avatar in Google Talk and check "Allow video and voice chats" to enable. (via BluechipJ)
    - Video does not work by default for most non Nexus S phones. Other threads note that you need 'GoogleServicesFramework.apk' from the 050311 google apps pack.

Files and Screenshot attached.
    fKJts.png

Updates:
    05/04/11
    Thanks to a hint by jmgrosen I've modded it such that you can always make A/V calls over cellular data. Attached. Follow the same instructions. Note that the gapps pack has Talk named as Talk.apk, so if you flashed that make sure you delete Talk.apk otherwise Talk2.apk will be ignored.
    Attached update.zip too: talk1.3.nowifi.update-signed.zip
    05/09/11
    Another jmgrosen tip gives us a new and improved wifi-free version. wifiConnected() now always returns true.
    Attached talk1.3.nowifi.v2-signed.zip. If you only need the updated apk, get it here
    05/10/2011
    More features thanks to xilard (allow front facing camera + camera switch, voice chat speaker fix)
    APK: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13976634&postcount=414
    05/24/2011
    Added "versions" section
    07/24/2011
    Added $omator version
    09/22/2011
    Added new theos0o version "1.33"

Enjoy!
    Here's an testkey signed update.zip.
    edit:it works

Note: This replaces Talk.apk with the new version. Make sure you have a backup if you need to go back to the old version.
    How to install

Easiest way is using Root Explorer..

Download and extract Talk_with AV.zip to your sdcard.

Open Root Explorer and navigate to extracted files on your sdcard.

Copy talk2.apk and go to /system/app

Press Mount R/W at the top right and then press Paste on the bottom left

Now you have both talk.apk and talk2.apk

Rename Talk.apk to Talk.apk1
    Select and hold the other Talk2.apk and press Permissions and select:
    User: Read Write
    Group: Read
    Others: Read

And press Ok

Now press and hold on Talk2.apk and press Rename

And rename Talk2.apk to Talk.apk

go back to your extracted files on your sdcard and copy libtalk_jni.so

Navigate to system/lib
    Press Mount R/W at the top right and then press Paste on the bottom left

Press and hold on libtalk_jni.so and select Permissions
    change the permissions to:
    User: Read Write
    Group: Read
    Others: Read

now reboot your device.

now open Talk and press on your own name where you can change your own status and tick the allow Video- and voicechat

Thats all
    Nice, Did you also add in the wifi fixes?

Added. Fixes in the update:

- nowifi v2
    - allow front facing camera + camera switch
    - voice chat speaker fix

Edit: installation fix for recovery + GoogleServicesFramework.apk: gtalk1.3b.nowifi.ffc-signed.zip
    Talk 1.3 Installer

Hello, I made this little application, that allows you to install various versions of those modified Google Talks (and libs). I don't wan't to take any credit on modifing them so I wrote this into the app information and there are links to this thread in the menu.

Also I would like to ask you guys, if you could hit me up on email tadeas.kriz[at]gmail.com if there will be new version of this modification, so I can keep the installer up to date.

Thank you.

Link to the market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.brainwashstudio.talkinstaller