CM10 Development for Kindle Fire HD 7"

Search This thread

cossax

Mar 23, 2012
Just watched the new video, very impressive stuff from the Kindle 8.9 developer(s) and yourself, fair play for the effort you are all putting in.

theicu

Mar 31, 2009
Hope to hear more good news from you! Kindle fire hd 7.0 will be more valuable when running android 4.1

craby1925

Nov 17, 2010
We always had multitasking, just no interface for the information that's says what was your recent apps. Multitasking is when you open Pandora, and when you exit the app, music continues to play.

Sent from my Fire HD with root!

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

PATIENCE is what you need here

Sent from my Fire HD with root!

sxrmafia

Mar 11, 2011
Fantastic, This video was a delight to my eyes, pure eye candy stuff man.

Greetings from as far as Indian Occupied Kashmir :)

goochy

Mar 24, 2009
Awesome work so far Reverend!!

Subscribed to the thread and eagerly antisipacting the release of the rom :D

dank101

Oct 13, 2012
Will this work with safestrap

Will this work with safestrap I like the rom partition feature in safestrap so I can duel boot

reverendkjr

Nov 7, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
www.youtube.com
Will this work with safestrap I like the rom partition feature in safestrap so I can duel boot

As Hashcode has posted in the Safestrap thread, we don't have a need for that now since we have the bootloader unlocked. I will not be offering any guidance on using Safestrap with this build. Hashcode never did complete that build so it won't work anyway.

Reactions: goochy

elkniwcire

Aug 31, 2008
Thank you!!!

This is so awesome!!! I have been dying to get some CM10 on this Kindle Fire HD. Thank you so much for your work and I look forward to seeing the progress!

Misfit77

Mar 31, 2011
When CM10 is released will Amazon Instant Video/Kindle Lending Library etc. still work?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings all...

You may be aware that verygreen is working on CM10 development for the 8.9" Kindle Fire HD. I am also working on getting this working on the Kindle Fire HD 7".

What works:

-Almost nothing so far. I can get past the bootloader and CWM will run (Thanks, verygreen!), but the CM10 ROM still needs to be developed further. I can flash it, and it appears to complete, but nothing comes up on the screen.

Trust me, this will be a slow process, but it IS BEING WORKED ON!

I will post any progress that I make.

::UPDATES::

[12/4] I now have screen working. :)
    [12/5] Boots fully, but no touchscreen and the resolution appears to be wrong. (see image below.)

kfhd7cm10.jpg

[12/7] Touchscreen now works, but is off by 90 degrees.

[12/8] Basic functionality appears to be working now.
    Wifi works, and screen and softkeys are all working now too.

Check out the video:

[12/10] 210 seems to be the magic DPI number for this device. Thanks to all of you who suggested that.

[12/18] Link to instructions on how to install revrom_alpha1:
    http://www.reverendkyle.com/index.php/articles/177-how-to-install-cm10-alpha-on-kindle-fire-hd-7

Stay tuned...
    Not to de-rail, this thread anymore, but a very nice XDA user has shipped me his KFireHD7. Specifically to finish the kernel updates which would bring the 7 up to speed with the 8.9.

I am still quite busy but at least it's just a matter of time now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    I know it's taking a while for me to get a 7" HD build done; sorry for the loooong delay.

I'm fighting 1 kernel bug with display, and once that's fixed you guys will be caught up to the HD 8.9" cm10.1 build.

Which is now very usable with sound.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    I'm going to post my stuff within the next day or two.
    Please don't fret folks, there will be progress.

Hashcode has helped me get his CM10.1 2nd-bootloader incorporated into my current ROM, plus there are others who are working on the kernel.

Be on the lookout for a new video from me.... soon ™.