Do you think that odex is better than deodex?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Eyalkn

I ran this script today, -all without any problems. I did not run -dat yet as I would like to better understand any issues with TB if you run -dat. Specifically, if you run the -dat command will TB work?

I am using Daniel's PAC ROM (3D Shell) and it seems to feel significantly zippier and smoother now. BTW I have a P6800. Thank you again for your efforts as this seems to be a great tool to improve ROM performance. :good:

TB does work but after you do dexo -dat which odex the DATA (all the apps that are located in /data/app-apps that didn't come with the rom or gapps) and then you do a backup of the DATA apps, you will be able for future use to restore only the app's data part of it and not the apps themselves since they will be corrupted. I found a way to work around it using go backup by creating two sets of backups:
1. I backup only the apps right before I do -dat.
2. Right before I move to a new rom I backup data+app.

Then after I clean install the new rom I restore the 1st backup of apps and then restore only the DATA part of the 2nd backup. And then I do dexo -all and dexo -dat.
You can achieve that using TB by creating an update.zip from the apps and use it as the 1st set I described before.
Did it couple of times using go backup and it worked like a charm.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

hardian_r

May 9, 2013
Great script.. ..

I'm sorry just question from newbie,,after i odexed my rom with this script,,how i get to deodexed again,, ,,

ॐtháńk ýőúॐ

Sent from my GT-S5570

Masrepus

Feb 12, 2013
Ah ok so for me, who i just odexed framework+dontknow and system, i will be fully deodexed after dirty install?

Gesendet von meinem GT-S5570 mit Tapatalk 4

Eyalkn

Ah ok so for me, who i just odexed framework+dontknow and system, i will be fully deodexed after dirty install?

I know that the framework and system come with flashing the rom. I don't have any knowledge about the location of bootstrap and preload.
@MatrixDJ96 can you please give us information about these? I also want to know the location of bootstrap and preload inside the internal storage so I will know if flashing a rom re-flashes these partitions.

hardian_r

May 9, 2013
Sir,,,u have made a fully useful n great script...

But can u make a script for deodex 2,,for hwo not have a pc like me .. ..:D

Sent from my GT-S5570

dirkdigles

Nov 23, 2010
Chicago
Ran into a problem today in the Play Store. I can't update / install dropbox. Keeps giving me "insufficient storage available" error, even though I have <4gb free (I have a 16gb GS3 w/ a 32gb SD card).

I tried restoring from TB, no go. Also tried downloading the apk manually and installing that way, same error, it asks me to delete some apps.

I'm guessing this is in some way related to the odex script (I used -all and -dat)...

Anyone out there experiencing a similar issue? I can install other apps from the play store just fine, and I've tried deleting a few and that didn't do anything.

Eyalkn

Ran into a problem today in the Play Store. I can't update / install dropbox. Keeps giving me "insufficient storage available" error, even though I have <4gb free (I have a 16gb GS3 w/ a 32gb SD card).

I tried restoring from TB, no go. Also tried downloading the apk manually and installing that way, same error, it asks me to delete some apps.

I'm guessing this is in some way related to the odex script (I used -all and -dat)...

Anyone out there experiencing a similar issue? I can install other apps from the play store just fine, and I've tried deleting a few and that didn't do anything.

It refuses to install because the dropbox odex file is still there in the data folder. You can either manually delete it or an easier fix is to install Lucky patcher app, it is not in the play store so you will need to Google it and it scans your drive automatically for unused odex files and deletes them and even lets you install apps that you already have without the need to uninstall them first automatically taking care of the odex file.

MatrixDJ96

Nov 9, 2012
Genova
It refuses to install because the dropbox odex file is still there in the data folder. You can either manually delete it or an easier fix is to install Lucky patcher app, it is not in the play store so you will need to Google it and it scans your drive automatically for unused odex files and deletes them and even lets you install apps that you already have without the need to uninstall them first automatically taking care of the odex file.

In next version i'll fix this problem

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda app-developers app

lollipop

Jan 20, 2013
In next version i'll fix this problem

hey dev, i try your script on cm7.2 and cm9.2 it's working but i have got bootloop on cm10.1 i think it's caused by bootclasspath ,cm 10.1 has a different bootclasspath can you make it compatible please i need to odex my rom :)

MatrixDJ96

Nov 9, 2012
Genova
hey dev, i try your script on cm7.2 and cm9.2 it's working but i have got bootloop on cm10.1 i think it's caused by bootclasspath ,cm 10.1 has a different bootclasspath can you make it compatible please i need to odex my rom :)

The script sets the bootclasspath aumatically

Eyalkn

Maybe it's not a boot loop. I know it takes a long time to boot right after running the script, for me it took like 2 minutes. But if you see the rom splash screen and than it crashes it is something else.

lollipop

Jan 20, 2013
The script sets the bootclasspath aumatically

Maybe it's not a boot loop. I know it takes a long time to boot right after running the script, for me it took like 2 minutes. But if you see the rom splash screen and than it crashes it is something else.

i do it again and it's work and my rom is fully odexed :)
thanks for help

Masrepus

Feb 12, 2013
Can u tell me what i have to do to deodex an app? I have both apk and odex files

xdabbeb

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2010
Having a problem with the -csa option on my GNex running stock/rooted 4.2.2 and Golden kernel. Namely, it doesn't do anything. I added some debugging (just echo variables and sleep) and discovered that it isn't parsing the csa.txt file at all. I suspect this is a problem with the included busyodex and my phone, but I can't figure out why it's failing. Everything else in the script seems to be working...creating tmpdir, renaming bb, pulling bcp, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Top Liked Posts