Random reboot or phone turning off with over heating

Search This thread

santhosh502

Jul 14, 2013
Greensboro
Hi guys. Im using the international version of GS2. My problem is that my phone switches off suddenly with over heating or reboots randomly. I have used different ROMs and found this problem persisting. I cleared everything from my phone, used tools like GS2ROM nuke and GS2ROM Wipe but still this problem is there. I read a post saying battery may be faulty and replaced my battery even. But no luck. I found that the over heating and switching off occurs only when screen is off. During continuous usage, it is more or less fine. (except for occasional random reboots). also, this is always random. it doesnt make any sense. i even checked the hardwares of my phone in the service centre and he says the hardware is fine. Pls help me guys. Im going mad.. :(:(:confused::eek::crying:

santhosh502

Jul 14, 2013
Greensboro
I am a huge fan of custom roms and have flashed many of them, it was all fine before. but suddenly, this problem was omni-present in all roms. :crying: So i flashed the stock ROM version 4.1.2 (INDIA- XWLST) via mobile odin. it booted well after wiping cache and factory reset and was fine for a couple hours. After that the problem got massive. phone will restart or turn off when in screen-off. This continues even now in stock ROM. I tried everything from wiping cache, factory reset, dalvik cache wipe, fixing permissions and everything. But no results. THE MOST BIZZARE THING IS THAT PHONE IS FINE WHEN SCREEN IS ON. I experimented by keeping the screen on for an hour and nothing happened. THE MOMENT I PRESSED THE LOCK BUTTON, IT RESTARTS. Im going mad guys.. someone help meee.. :crying::crying:

EDIT: I think there's nothing wrong with the power button because it works well in all other places. If i remove the battery and reboot, I get a few seconds where i can lock and unlock screen. But again, it starts.

Last edited: