SlowDroid Denial of Service Tool
Hello to everyone,
my group is specialized on network security issues.
We inform you that SlowDroid
has just been release on the Google Play Store
It is a necessary tool for testing the robustness of servers.
SlowDroid is able to execute Denial of Service (DoS) attacks directly from your mobile device.
- multi-protocol (SlowDroid is able to affect HTTP, FTP, email, SSH, file sharing, etc...)
- tiny amount of attack bandwidth needed
- tiny CPU and RAM usage
- configurable (see below; please contact us if you are interested on a pro version of the tool)
- transparent to server logs during the attack execution; logs are usually updated once the attack is interrupted
- it's by far better than alternatives such as LOIC or Slowloris
Detailed instructions of how SlowDroid works and detection algorithms to protect from this attack are available at the following address:
The URL above also include download links for the tool.
SlowDroid is a work of the NetSec Group at CNR-IEIIT of Genoa, Italy.
Hoping SlowDroid may be useful to every system administrator willing to test the robustness of his own network.