[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.0.4][IMM76I] CyanogenMod 9 for Samsung Captivate

Search This thread

truckmann

Jan 20, 2011
Ugg. My Cap was running really badly and locking up a lot. So I did a factory reset, got all my apps re-installed and it is running much better, but now it keeps loosing the data connection. It says I'm on the KG3 modem, but I tried to re-flash it anyway to see if it would help and it just gives me and error and aborts the flash. This thing is really pissing me off. Wish they would get the black SGS3's out soon on AT&T. I'm ready to move on, but don't want a red white or blue phone.

Edit: I'm an idiot.... Had i9000 modem zips instead of CM7-9 zips. Trying out a new modem now to see if it solves the data disconnect issues.

Last edited:

truckmann

Jan 20, 2011
Okay so I flashed another modem and now I can't send text messages. I just get a "message not sent" error. I tried flashing it back to the previous modem and it won't send them either. Everything else seems to work fine. I can receive messages and calls work fine. Anyone have an idea how I can fix this?

Never mind. I fixed it. Lost the smsc number.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Last edited:

uhm

Mar 29, 2011
pawitp,

After successful flashing of the CM9.1 rom on my i897, when I power on my phone the screen becomes heavily tinted with dark blue color after the initial boot animation and then stays that way afterwards. I understand it's related to Nexus S Framebuffer. Would you please look into it and fix it if possible? Thanks a lot in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Downloads

Latest nightly: http://get.cm/?device=captivatemtd
    Google Apps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

Installation

- First time flashing ICS to your Captivate (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon
    7. WIPE again or Calendar Sync will not work.
    - Upgrading from CM7?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from another CM9 (or teamhacksung) Build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon
    Note: The upgrade process from CM7 to ICS is automatic, but downgrading from ICS to CM7 (or restoring Nandroid) requires flashing twice. Once from ICS and again from CM7's recovery.

FAQ (Read here for Change log!)

The FAQ is available on Teamhacksung's Wiki. Please read before asking any questions and please feel free to edit it.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9000:Frequently_Asked_Questions

Known Issues

Please check the list of known issues before reporting bugs.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9000:Known_issues

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    New Nightly (update-cm-9-20120423): http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?type=nightly&device=captivatemtd

New Gapps (gapps-ics-20120422-signed.zip): http://goo.im/gapps/
    I understand this is a nightly thread. I was unable to find a stable release anywhere and figured I'd ask here as this is the only CM9 thread that I found for the Captivate.

No wonder people keep telling me XDA is going downhill. Everyone here seems to get all butthurt when someone asks a question.

People get butthurt because there's two type of people in each thread. There's people that effectively read every post and come in several times a day, and there's people that just drop in and post. You fall into the second group. The first group spends so much of their resources keeping up to date on the bleeding edge that they feel offended someone like you should come in and get an answer so easily. So to make up for it they take the time and effort to post something demeaning just to assert their greater intelligence on the subject, as opposed to a simple "No" in your case. The relationship between the complexity of the question is inversely proportional to the magnitude of the outlash against you. You could have come in and asked about in-call reboots and probably gotten a straight answer (or "logcat or gtfo" if you're lucky, ya hooked a dev!), but since you asked about a stable release (which to my knowledge there are no stable CM9 builds for any device, but I know nothing outside of the devices I personally own) you got the big stick.

.....and my 5/10 flash is complete so back to regularly scheduled programming

By the way, unless your girlfriend is 84 years old, she can probably live with CM9 the way it is in the nightly builds
    pawitp,

I understand the importance of following the standard method used on other Cyanogenmod devices, but I am curious how this compares to devices with no external sdcard option (such as the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus)? Do these devices also have the internal sdcard mounted to /mnt/emmc and nothing mounted to /mnt/sdcard? While I realize that you made the change to follow a standard used by other devices, how does it make any sense to tell people that the internal card is mounted as "external multimedia card" (emmc)?

I think it makes much more sense for the entire CM team to revisit how sdcards (internal and external) are named and mounted to come up with something that makes more sense for every device rather than being arbitrarily based on a standard that was in place since the G1 and other devices that did not have an internal SD card. The Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus should be the references, especially in CM9, not old devices that will never even run CM9.

Oops, I forgot this is the Captivate thread. Read http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25200728#post25200728.

And eMMC stands for embedded MMC not external MMC.
    The download link in the first post is wrong. That link is for the international Galaxy S. Here is the link for the Captivate.

http://get.cm/?device=captivatemtd

Fixed. Too much copy pasting :p