[Q] [Arc S] Battery stuck at 100% on stock ROM

Search This thread

jammykam

Feb 24, 2011
Hey guys,

I wonder if someone can help and point me in the right direction to fix a battery issue I am having. I have a Sony Xperia Arc S LT18i, it's run stock ICS, with the bootloader unlocked, rooted and a bit of the c**pware removed.

My battery keeps getting stuck at 100%.

I tried the following:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2408612

I tried wiping the battery stats in CWM but that doesn't work either. AFAIK the battery apps in GPlay just do the same thing.

From kernels I have tried Lupus, ArcKnight, StockICS and Advanced Stock. I use Link2SD and I believe the stock Sony kernel does not provide support?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2320872

So I can flash Lupus (or any boot.img) and flash back to stock, the battery meter is correct. As soon as I remove the battery, to either fix a freeze or to remove the memory card the battery meter jumps back up to 100% again. So I have to flash and reflash back to stock...

Anyone have the same issue? How can I fix this? I don't always have a computer with me to fix it :(

thanks

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
Ran into same issue. Solution? Don't remove your battery for every little single thing.
And changing kernel easily fixed the issue for me.

arc_n_krizt

Sep 17, 2012
Bekasi
Hey guys,

I wonder if someone can help and point me in the right direction to fix a battery issue I am having. I have a Sony Xperia Arc S LT18i, it's run stock ICS, with the bootloader unlocked, rooted and a bit of the c**pware removed.

I tried the following:

I tried wiping the battery stats in CWM but that doesn't work either. AFAIK the battery apps in GPlay just do the same thing.

From kernels I have tried Lupus, ArcKnight, StockICS and Advanced Stock. I use Link2SD and I believe the stock Sony kernel does not provide support?

So I can flash Lupus (or any boot.img) and flash back to stock, the battery meter is correct. As soon as I remove the battery, to either fix a freeze or to remove the memory card the battery meter jumps back up to 100% again. So I have to flash and reflash back to stock...

Anyone have the same issue? How can I fix this? I don't always have a computer with me to fix it :(

thanks

yes im have same issue like you.... for fixxed back to gingerbread and upgrade the stock again.... some times battery back to normal when phone in charge.... now, i never wiping battery stats when install custom rom and i never get problem again....

jammykam

Feb 24, 2011
Ran into same issue. Solution? Don't remove your battery for every little single thing.
And changing kernel easily fixed the issue for me.

Well this is what I have been doing, but only since I realised what was causing the issue. Changing the kernel temporarily fixes the issue, until I remove the battery again, and then I need to reflash it. Problem is I am not always by a computer to be able to reflash the boot.img and it also makes my spare battery completely useless.

yes im have same issue like you.... for fixxed back to gingerbread and upgrade the stock again.... some times battery back to normal when phone in charge.... now, i never wiping battery stats when install custom rom and i never get problem again....

I started with a clean install of stock ICS restored back with Sony Flashtool. Maybe I need to do this again and just be careful in every step.

I was hoping there was a simpler fix, like a specific kernel that resolved this issue so i didn't have to reinstall all my apps and settings :(

thanks for the replies

jammykam

Feb 24, 2011
Thanks for the replies. For anyone else that stumbles on this thread, I managed to finally resolve my issue.

After trying numerous stock kernels, the issue was resolved by flashing Rush Kernel V13 (and the required WiFi modules).

I can now change the battery and remove the sd card without battery meter issues. Everything seems stable so far (1 day of usage) and battery life seems good.

Raptor 2020

Oct 23, 2013
I always have this problem with the stock kernel when i change the kernel everything become fine.

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using xda app-developers app

jammykam

Feb 24, 2011
Have you find any solution to this problem, I am having same issue after flushing LegecyXperia CM11

I used the Rush kernel, but I am on Stock Sony ROM 4.0.4 (ICS) as I mentioned in the post above yours. You should be able to JUST flash the kernel ans try a few of them out, I tried about 5 or 6 before I found one that worked correctly.

I'm not sure which kernels you could use with CM11 though...

Hauzel

Oct 16, 2012
Battery not charging when using stock ICS rom on my arc s

need help please.. After flashing cm11 rom and reverting back to stock ICS I cannot charge my arc s and pc does not detect my arc s anymore yes fast boot and flash mode are working fine. try most of the kerel out there but with no luck.. and the odd part is that using cm11 rom it can charge but pc does not detect my phone or SD card or media. tried everythimg from gingerbread and ICS firmware does not solve my problem
herevis my screen shot.

IMG

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-06-22-51-12.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-06-22-51-12.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 535
  • Screenshot_2014-03-06-22-28-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-06-22-28-21.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 559

elshur

Oct 19, 2007
Biarritz
You must retry a complete process for installing a new ROM
either:
1) flash the stock ftf file to your device 4.1.B.0.587 using FlashTool
2) flash the recovery from the new ROM with the command
fastboot erase boot
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot
3) Flash the new ROM from CWM
I've had this problem by returning a custom CWM to the original ROM and this solution worked

oli80800

Mar 25, 2014
I had this problem too (I bought my phone second hand so not sure whether it's had ROMs changed etc). |

What fixes it for me (so far) is to just let the phone totally run out of battery - then leave it off (no need to remove the battery) for 10-12 hours and then plug it in to charge.

Awaiiz

Nov 12, 2013
battery showing 100%

i have same issue in my phone.i have tried a lot of techniques but one of them was successful :eek: .i turned my phone off for 7-8 hous but still kept my battery in my phone.after this,i turned it on and it worked:laugh::p ......this olny worked unless i pull out battery from phone..turning off phone does not effect;):cool:

DomusX10

Feb 16, 2011
Rome
OnePlus 8 Pro
For me, idem.

I have used more ROMs on my Arc S...ICS, JB 4.1.2, CM11....now I'm coming back to original (flashing stock ftf with flashtool, root it...and when I change SD, and start phone, 100% it's showed (real was 34% before) so, after few hours, shutdown with 100%->0% and die.

I try to charge, but led it's GREEN, and battery it's showed full. When I disconnect charger, phone after a minutes shutdown itself. If I reconnect to charger, 100% was show again...and so on....

I'm on Advance Stock Kernel....I have wipe battery stats before reboot...nothing....

How fix?

RESOLVED: Leave battery on phone turned off for all night...this morning, turn on and shows 10% percent of battery and recharged correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: arpcpro

JMJ23

Aug 8, 2014
Same problem

Hi i am having the same problem. Had your problem been fixed. If so kindly help me too

Hey guys,

I tried the following:

thanks

qristiano

Sep 22, 2014
hey,. I've suffered same problem here after updating my arc s via Sony Support Center service. After a few days (while it's stuck i haven't tried those in forum(s)) just after the phone out of battery i've used my other charger, than when i started phone, saw that it was ok. Now it's solved by itself for me. know that this isn't a solution at all, Writing this for an idea about what to do...

i was lucky in this case. so good luck.

Spade26

Nov 1, 2014
a little help maybe

try using arcknight kernel 3.5.1 with the wifi module, everything is fine with me, Xperia Arc LT15i with stock ROM and Xperia Apps.. I'm not shure about other devices

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the replies. For anyone else that stumbles on this thread, I managed to finally resolve my issue.

After trying numerous stock kernels, the issue was resolved by flashing Rush Kernel V13 (and the required WiFi modules).

I can now change the battery and remove the sd card without battery meter issues. Everything seems stable so far (1 day of usage) and battery life seems good.
    Hey guys,

I tried the following:

thanks
    For me, idem.

I have used more ROMs on my Arc S...ICS, JB 4.1.2, CM11....now I'm coming back to original (flashing stock ftf with flashtool, root it...and when I change SD, and start phone, 100% it's showed (real was 34% before) so, after few hours, shutdown with 100%->0% and die.

I try to charge, but led it's GREEN, and battery it's showed full. When I disconnect charger, phone after a minutes shutdown itself. If I reconnect to charger, 100% was show again...and so on....

I'm on Advance Stock Kernel....I have wipe battery stats before reboot...nothing....

How fix?

RESOLVED: Leave battery on phone turned off for all night...this morning, turn on and shows 10% percent of battery and recharged correctly.