[HOW TO] Repair DINGS and PIMP BA [TUTORIAL]

Search This thread

B3nGz

Jan 24, 2006
Do you have dings dents and scratch on your beloved BLUEANGEL?
Do you have ugly paint peel and scuff marks on your beloved BLUEANGEL?
Is your PIMPED BLUEANGEL starting to paint peel?

dsc07830y.jpg

[TUTORIAL] On how to correctly PIMP YOU BLUEANGEL to last a thousand years.

Things Needed:

Grit 100 Sandpaper
Grit 1000 Sandpaper
Spray Paint
Primer
Lacquer
Expoxy Fixer
Rubbing Compound

1) Disassemble your BLUEANGEL and STORED them from dust.
dsc07831y.jpg
dsc07832s.jpg

2) Rough sand your faceplate using Grit 100 sandpaper. Rough sand it will allow primer to bond better later.
dsc07833o.jpg
dsc07834h.jpg

3) Use an EPOXY FIXER to fix on any dings and dents. Buy those really good ones which allow you to sand and fill. Leave for it to heal, approx 2hrs.
dsc07835n.jpg
dsc07836k.jpg

4) Rough sand the EPOXY FIXER with Grit 100 sandpaper.
dsc07839w.jpg

5) Spray a few light coats of Primers on the face plate. (You might need to sand the primers if you are not a skiled spray man). Primers will bond better on the rough surface on the face plate and will help spray paint to bond better too. This way, the paint will last longer and better.
dsc07840w.jpg

6) Spray many (4-6) light coats of SPRAY PAINT on your face plate and wait for it to heal, approx 1 hr.
dsc07841d.jpg

7) WET SAND the face plate SOFLTY and LIGHTLY with Grit 1000 sandpaper to a SMOOTH standard (this is very important.. this will give a good glossy shiny surface or a rough rugged suface.)
dsc07844b.jpg

8) Spray 3 average coat of Lacquer and leave it for 24hrs for total healing. (Leaving it a few hrs is not enough..!! IM SERIOUS)
dsc07845z.jpg

9) After the Lacquer has heal totally, Rub the face plate with RUBBING COMPUND to polish.. use micro fibre clothe.
dsc07847.jpg
dsc07848.jpg

THERE YOU GO!!! YOU FIXED A DING AND GOTTEN YOURSELF A NEW PIMPED BA!
IF I HAVE EXTRA TIME I WOULD HAVE ALSO RE-SPRAY MY MID PIECE.. ggrrr..

Last edited:

man31

Nov 4, 2009
wew i did my last time, but i wasnt able to put primer before the paint, you know what happened.. :(

man31

Nov 4, 2009
I will try repainting my BA the right way. The first time I tried repainting it, paint peeled off for the reason that I did not use any primers.

I will post pictures here soon as I finish repainting it.

:)

HectikDroid

Apr 7, 2009
UTAH
maybe????

can you make this a downloadable file? to keep for future refrenses or is that to much to ask? I could always do my own I guess. Thanks Much!!!:D

eTechUncut

Feb 26, 2010
Boston MA
Concept seems great...but how well will the paint job stand up in the humidity of your pocket? The reason I ask is because I did this kind of job on an old Nextel i730 I had back in the day and lets just say it felt like I had a giant melted Starburst stuck in my pocket. Can you tell me the name and type of the laquer and paint you used. Thank you!:cool: