Nokia Lumia 900 may not support T-Mobile 3G after all.

Search This thread
Jul 31, 2012
I just unlocked my white ATT Lumia 900 yesterday and am using it on Tmobile. It shows 4G (Not sure whether HSPA/HSPA+, I got speeds up to 1.8Mbps). So the good thing is that it does support more than just Edge.

I just checked it from work and its getting 5.7Mbps down. and 900Kbps down

Last edited:

exiva

Jun 26, 2009
Long Island, NY
tmbl.in
There seems to be a few spots in Kansas City. Good to know it works though, I drove right into a spot with 1900 3g and forgot to test it last week. >_<

sa-10

Nov 22, 2007
If not tmob, try straightalk, cancelled my 7year loyalty, more money in pockett

There seems to be a few spots in Kansas City. Good to know it works though, I drove right into a spot with 1900 3g and forgot to test it last week. >_<

If not tmob, try straightalk, cancelled my 7year loyalty, more money in pocket and faster everything with better coverage thanks to ma bell

21stNow

Dec 25, 2010
I get the 4G indicator intermittently in the Maryland suburbs of DC. I haven't been able to run a speedtest successfully yet, though.

MisterMelville

Oct 8, 2012
Got Lumia 900 on Monthly 4G from T-Mobile

I'm not seeing any 4g or 3g connection.

The only thing I can connect to is Edge.

I live outside of Austin Texas and although T-Mobile's website says I got 3g/4g coverage, I'm not getting any of that.

I took exiva's advice and flashed my ROM so I could get the "Highest Connection" setting so I could manually switch the connection speeds.

I even drove out to a spot on that was supposed to have 3g coverage and I couldn't connect.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

exiva

Jun 26, 2009
Long Island, NY
tmbl.in
I'm not seeing any 4g or 3g connection.

The only thing I can connect to is Edge.

I live outside of Austin Texas and although T-Mobile's website says I got 3g/4g coverage, I'm not getting any of that.

I took exiva's advice and flashed my ROM so I could get the "Highest Connection" setting so I could manually switch the connection speeds.

I even drove out to a spot on that was supposed to have 3g coverage and I couldn't connect.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

No, you aren't. What some people are experiencing is the 1900 MHz refarm. It allows 3g/4g to use the 1900 band. T-Mobile does 3g/4g over 1700/2100MHz, at&t does it over 1900/2100 (or something.) ...It will be nationwide by years end, according to T-Mobile (So who really knows if it may get delayed some) right now it's just a lottery by living, or being in the right spot at the right time. It changes daily though, they really are working quite fast to get this refarm done. You can see user submitted spots of where people have found 1900MHz 3g on airportal.de or follow @umts1900 on twitter. One day you may wake up and see the 4g indicator on your phone, then you won the refarm lottery. heh

xuninc

Nov 8, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So, it turns out that the only reason I'm getting 4g on T-Mobile is because I'm in Las Vegas. T-Mobile is doing some kind of test here or something, I'm not sure of the details & I've gotta run or else I'd look it up again and post the link, but I'm sure somebody hear knows what I'm talking about & I hope they wouldn't mind filling in the blanks... Anyways, I believe New York is next for this change or whatever they're doing... Guess I'm lucky to live in Vegas.

sushirom

Apr 30, 2012
I'm in Miami, and although it's listed as being one of the cities T-Mobile has upgraded already it still isn't showing me anything but Edge. That sited Exiva posted only shows a couple of people noting anything in Florida, but I remember seeing some other places around the net where people had mentioned Miami had it. Oh well, I just wish I could tell that it was simply the lack of band and not some option I messed up.

Edit: It's Saturday and I saw 4g pop for me in Miami at two different locations. I'll mark it on that map when I get to a computer.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The recent FCC info from the Lumia 900 is yielding some promising info. Apparently it lists HSPA+ support on 1700. They list WCDMA IV as supported.

You are correct.

The phone will support T-Mobile's HSPA+ on 1700 MHz and the refarmed 1900 MHz. It will also support T-Mobile's LTE once launched in 2013 as AT&T and T-Mobile use the same AWS (1700 MHz) band for LTE.
    d03627a4-4bef-03d1.jpg

Buddy sent me this. What can we draw from it
    Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using Tapatalk