[ROM] Rdavisct's Supercharged Atrix Under New Ownership! See bottom of op!

Search This thread

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Stock recovery will do nothing. Recovery on boot will help IF i get in a bootloop and itll keep me from having to use RSD.

Sent from my Atrix 2 using XDA Premium App. :D. Hit thanks if I surprisingly help you.

I am interested in exploring this option. I don't use RSD or any other windows applications to manage this phone. I have used ADB with LINUX. But like I said I've never had to recover from a bootloop or brick disaster.

Why wouldn't the stock recovery do anything? Couldn't I wipe and factory reset through THAT?

Sent from my rooted Atrix 2 SuperCharged V5

DarkJatrix

Jan 19, 2012
I am interested in exploring this option. I don't use RSD or any other windows applications to manage this phone. I have used ADB with LINUX. But like I said I've never had to recover from a bootloop or brick disaster.

Why wouldn't the stock recovery do anything? Couldn't I wipe and factory reset through THAT?

Sent from my rooted Atrix 2 SuperCharged V5

Yes, but depending on your brick type that may just make it worse. You can always flash cwm on boot BEFORE you flash simething your testing and if it boots just go back to recovery and uninstal cwm on boot

Sent from my Atrix 2 using XDA Premium App. :D. Hit thanks if I surprisingly help you.

dudemaaan

Mar 30, 2008
Brenham, TX
For those of you playing with overclocking you can make the process a bit more automated by using scripts. I use gscript lite. just make a new script, name it something like overclock 1200 tick the su box and type in the command box, echo 1200000000 > /proc/opptimizer

Or whatever overclock you want. you can make a few different ones . click save. and anytime you want to change overclocks just click the one you want and your done. Easy

kamikazees

Sep 11, 2011
Steps for installation?

Ok, I've got SCV5 (the backup) and both Update 1 and Update 2 on my sd card. I'm rooted and I have the bootstrap. I've read through most of the posts. I'm a little new to modding and have never installed a rom via backup. Will someone please confirm this is the proper method of installation so I don't have the FC and GPS issues:

1. reboot into Bootstrap CWM
2. wipe Data/Factory Reset
3. wipe Cache/Dalvik cache
4. “backup and restore”
5. “advanced restore”
6. supercharged V5, and install it
7. reboot, then back into Bootstrap CWM
8. wipe Cache/Dalvik cache
9. install zip from sdcard
10. select supercharged V5 Update 1
11. flash it
12. reboot, then back into Bootstrap CWM
13. wipe Cache/Dalvik cache
14. install zip from sdcard
15. select supercharged V5 Update 2
16. flash it
17. reboot

After the last reboot, then I register my gmail account, get my apps back and such, right? Please confirm.

DarkJatrix

Jan 19, 2012
Ok, I've got SCV5 (the backup) and both Update 1 and Update 2 on my sd card. I'm rooted and I have the bootstrap. I've read through most of the posts. I'm a little new to modding and have never installed a rom via backup. Will someone please confirm this is the proper method of installation so I don't have the FC and GPS issues:

4. “backup and restore”
5. “advanced restore”
11. flash it
16. flash it
17. reboot

After the last reboot, then I register my gmail account, get my apps back and such, right? Please confirm.

That's what i do. Works perfect

Reactions: kamikazees

kojitabe

Feb 15, 2011

4. “backup and restore”
5. “advanced restore”
11. flash it
16. flash it
17. reboot

I skip step 8 and 13.
It works perfect no fc or gps problem.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

kojitabe

Feb 15, 2011
Skipping 8-13 is what got a lot of people's phones to FCing.

But it run smooth on my phone,no fcing or gps issue at all.
I was having fc when try to restore a complete sc v2 rom,and had no gps when flash on boot cwm.
I only do wipe all before restoring sc v0.

Sorry if it's not right,but i don't see that we need to do step 8 and 13 on the restoring instructions inside the folder.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bmatthews11

Nov 24, 2011
Alplaus
whenever I try to restore it gets hung up on restoring /system. I tryed useing another backup and it got hung up on /system too, soooo i think its a prob with bootstrap. Help!

DarkJatrix

Jan 19, 2012
whenever I try to restore it gets hung up on restoring /system. I tryed useing another backup and it got hung up on /system too, soooo i think its a prob with bootstrap. Help!

Try downloading Rebel Rom on your SD card and flashing it....maybe that'll get you going again

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
After hearing so many reports of mass fc's, installation hang ups and various other issues surrounding the installation of this ROM I was very hesitant to give it a shot. Finally grew a pair and gave it a go.....

Installation was pretty straight forward

I was coming from RebelROM, most people are suggesting flashing the fxz back to 2.3.5, doing the OTA to 2.3.6, rooting, etc.....I bypassed all that. I had a backup from two days ago so I just booted into CWM Recovery, wiped cache partition, wiped dalvik cache, wiped data/factory reset and then restored the SCv5 backup. When it booted up I skipped the Google account stuff and booted into CWMR and flashed the CWM on Boot mod, rebooted, booted into CWMR and flashed Update 1...I did not wipe anything beforehand, rebooted, booted into CWMR and flashed Update 2, rebooted and then entered by Google account info and restored my apps/app data.

So far so good. The ROM feels very refined, very smooth, looks wonderful. I like most things about it, the only things I don't like are some apps look like carryovers from the Atrix 4g, like Blur, Text Messaging. When I go into phone settings, alot of it looks like it's from the 4g too. Because of the Text Messaging thing, I lost all my text mssgs since it's a different app. The calculator app from RebelROM was beautiful, I miss it. The old school Market app....not sure why it's not updating but I've opened it multiple times in the past few hours and it's still the old version. Old as in pre 3.x.....Google Maps app is not included. Things I love, the stock dialer, ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! The UI, animations, just beautiful! I think I've found my ROM :cool:

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan
I had the same problem with the market. I just went and found the new market apk and installed it just fine.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

nbae

Jul 27, 2009
Why still no free mobile hotspot??

The only reason that I rooted and flashed a custom rom is to use mobile hotspot for free.
It looks rooting & flashing custom rom was successful but still I can not use mobile hotspot for free.
Is there any way or any rom to enable free mobile hotspot?

Deliberate

Jan 16, 2012
CA
The only reason that I rooted and flashed a custom rom is to use mobile hotspot for free.
It looks rooting & flashing custom rom was successful but still I can not use mobile hotspot for free.
Is there any way or any rom to enable free mobile hotspot?

Get sq lite editor go to settings storage and change entitlement check to disabled make sure the d is lowercase

nbae

Jul 27, 2009
Thanks for the info - SQLite editor. Can you please tell me more specifically? I mean where the entitlement is?
I got SQLite editor and went into settings storage. There is only settings.db and I clicked that. There are 6 categories under settings.db - android_metadata, bluetooth_devices, bookmarks, secure, sqlite_sequence, and system. I clicked all of them but could not find entitlement.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Never Mind. I got it and works beautifully. Thanks again Deliberate!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -What do we have here?
    -Supercharged script's
    -SuperClean script's
    -Deblur
    -Deodex
    -Oc Under terminal emulator (built in in V4 and above see second post)
    -Build.Prop tweaks (a lot of 'em)
    -Sdcard speed tweaks
    -1 percent battery mod
    -No carrier logo
    -Quick Settings
    -Webtop over hdmi

*********-How to Install...**********

------------------This only applies to v1-4, For V5 and above follow instructions listed next to downloads below---------------

-Boot into**BOOTSTRAP**(NO SAFESTRAP)
    -Format System
    -Install Stock Deodex rom
    -Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    -Wipe Cache
    -Wipe Dalvik Cache
    -Reboot phone
    -Once stock rom has loaded install bootstrap and reboot into recovery(we need a clean, deodxed, rooted base)
    -Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    -Wipe Dalvik Cache
    -Wipe Cache
    -Install SuperCharged Rom

-*****DO NOT FORMAT/WIPE ANYTHING AFTER FLASHING****
    -Now what???
    -When prompted choose go launcher and set as default

*********Changelog*********

-V1.0
    -Initial Release
    -Known minior theming bugs.

-v2.0
    -Fixed a few theme bugs(wipe data/factory reset)
    -Fixed Contacts
    -Edit's to updater script
    -Added apps (including bloat freezer, I checked its cool)
    -Move some apps to /data (so you can uninstall them)
    -Added ics notification sounds
    - Put back moto launcher (use home switcher)

-V3
    -****HUGE Performance increase over V1 and V2****
    -Fixed Super user issue's
    -Fixed busy box issue
    -Fixed webtop?
    -Fixed permission issues with oc. Should no longer cause a reboot.

-V4
    -Fixed webtop (I'm sure this time)
    -OC'd to 1122 on boot
    -Ad blocking in hosts file
    -Wireless tether hack is now included (this damn thing..)
    -Removed Motomizer (I could not seen any improvement over the included scripts)
    -Removed Scripts app and BloatFreezer (both were causing push ad's)
    -Removed Ciq Completely! (THANKS JIMBRIDGEMAN!)

-V5
    -Based on 2.3.6 Update
    -Added CapnPez's Toggles
    -Better Init.d support (Now loaded from system/bin if install-recovery.sh fails)
    -New boot animation
    -More build.prop tweaks
    -This is a fesh build of 2.3.6 from a system dump, it has been deodxed.

-----------V5_Update_1
    ------------------Fixed haptic feedback matches 2.3.6
    ------------------Fixed Supercharger "V6" scripts THANK YOU ZEPPELINROX
    ------------------Build prop edits to wifi, vm, and 3g Thanks Tyler Carter
    ---------------------------V5_Update_2
    -------------------------------------------Added reboot option and ICS animation. Thank you JRW28 and COGEARY
    -------------------------------------------Added ICS Ui, Notification's, and Ringtones.
    -------------------------------------------Added Voicesearch from market to system/app
    -------------------------------------------Fixed gps fix issues that show up after a few days with rom

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    <----Go launcher ics theme

*********Downloads*********

http://depositfiles.com/files/7sm8wjocq <----SuperCharged V 5 This is not a flashable zip, it is a cwm backup, you will need to extract the contents of the zip to the root of your sdcard. Instructions are included in the zip. READ THE "README" FILE INSIDE THE ZIP!---YOU WILL NEED TO WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET NO MATTER WHAT ROM YOU ARE COMING FROM. Then go to back up and restore, select restore, select SuperCharged_V_5. Let it restore Reboot and you are on your way!

http://downloads.h22designs.com/SuperCharged_V_5_DO_NOT_FLASH.rar <----SCV5 Mirror thanks to Script

http://depositfiles.com/files/0z63kidwv <---- SCV5 Update 1, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS FLASH FROM BOOTSTRAP, No wipe etc... SCV5 "ONLY"

http://depositfiles.com/files/k4opdtt3g <----SCV5 Update 2, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS FLASH FROM BOOTSTRAP, YOU DO NOT NEED TO WIPE ANYTHING. This Includes SCV5 Update 1. Having force close issues? Use the full backup listed below.

http://depositfiles.com/files/en42gu9jp <----SCV5 Update 2 Full System Img. Place on root of sdcard, Use advanced restore and only restore /system Read the "README" File included in the zip. You will Not need to wipe. This is only for those of you facing force closes after updating to SCV5_Update_2.

http://www.multiupload.com/9UHYFAPETU <----Supercharged V 4 (If coming from
    V3 Just wipe dalvik cache any other rom, full wipe see above)

http://depositfiles.com/files/a3my85m50 <---- Alt Link for Supercharged V 4

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o7kzac <---- Alt link for Supercharged V 4

http://www.multiupload.com/FIUXZ4FBFD <----Supercharged V 3 (Wipe data/factory reset, wipe dalvik cache)

http://www.multiupload.com/21J01SXJ6Z <----Supercharged V 2

http://db.tt/MtDaBE8O <----Supercharged Atrix Rom

http://www.multiupload.com/IZVCVPRNGJ <----Stock Deodexd Rom Direct Link

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1420980 <----Stock Deodexed Thread

Thanks for clicking Thanks!!

*********Thanks*********

Thanks: Jimbridgeman-No ciq and more advice then you can shake a stick at ;), Shady_lanen-Theme base, most of updater script and power toggles, Nitro-Battery Icons,fenny-webtop mod,hashcode,Jydaddy, zeppelinrox, tylercarter... If I forget ya PM me and i'll put it up.

A special thanks to all of you willing to test almost everything I throw at you, It helps so much thanks guys.

Xda Member Script is nice enough to host the rom's free of charged, Please click this link and click thank's! http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=441777

Hey guys sorry for taking so long to do well... anything :-(. Since I have let my A2 go to take advantage of an amazing opportunity presented to me by another smart phone manufacturer I weighed the options of just letting the supercharged rom die or hand it over to one of the other amazing devs here for the a2. And after literally 354 pm's requesting updates, fixes, or just to get back in the game it became clear I couldn't let it die! And lucky for you guys rdavisct is willing to take the rom on! I hope you all the best of luck and I know you are all in great hands with rdavist. I encourage you all to check out his work and to stay tuned as I know he will make great things happen for your devices! Thank you guys for all your support and hard work, You made a dev out of a tinker lol.
    ************A note on over clocking***********

For best results this is how ya need to do it. (only if you are using the old method exp typing 1200 into terminal emulator)
    -Do not over clock until your phone is fully loaded (feels like setup lag is gone)
    -Use motor_hot_plug governor
    -Set min and Max to 1000
    -Reboot the phone
    -Wait till the phone is fully booted (again feels like lag is gone)
    -Now open terminal emulater and type "su"
    -Now type "1100"
    -Run at 1100 for a few mins put some stress on it at 1100
    -Now go to terminal emulator and type "su"
    -Now type "1200"
    ****I'm seeing much better results if I "break it in" the over clock as opposed to just jumping in at 1200****

Thanks to Rick#2 for this overclock method.
    Original OC thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1341514

************READ ME************
    If you are running V4 you will need to delete the file OC3 in system/ect/init.d in order to use this overclock method, the default method in V4 is different then this one but they are both included. Please read the post linked below to learn how to set your own clock speed.
    If you want to OC to say 1200 you would open terminal emulator type su, then echo 1200000000 > /proc/opptimizer

Another option is say you know your phone is stable at 1250 you could go to /system/etc/init.d open the file oc3 and change the values to 1250000000 and you would be at 1250 on every boot. DO NOT SET THIS TO A LEVEL YOUR PHONE IS NOT STABLE AT YOU WILL BOOT LOOP.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/14511-op...4-overclocking-kernel-modulesofficial-thread/
    Why distribute a rom as a backup?

It's just so much easier to maintain a rom like this, by just using the /system image for the restore we keep things small, simple, and updates can come much faster. We are also eliminating the possibility of a bootloop during flash to a new rom and we don't need a prep rom that causes gps issues! This will also mean the future updates in theory should never require you to format /data. That means we should not have to lose all our setting's in future editions of the supercharged roms!

____
    -Beta;
    It means the rom is a "WIP" Work In Progress, With enough of the features working to be a daily driver. In this stage the rom is not to be considered as a finished product or 100% stable. Expect bugs, (Report bugs!)

2: From cmd or terminal type:
    3: adb push framework-res.apk /sdcard/
    4: adb shell
    5: su
    6: mount -o rw,remount /dev/null /system
    7: cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework/
    8: reboot
    9: All Done!

SuperCharged V5_Update_2 618A7E1EC527439459717391BDACEB07 *SuperCharged_V_5_Update_2_Do_Not_Flash.rar

SuperCharged V5 AC513654F485042DE5A3E3686031C1B4 *SuperCharged_V_5_DO_NOT_FLASH.rar

SuperCharged V4

SuperCharged V3 35BAE13E25D61A1E3531EECE446F3C2B *SuperCharged_Atrix_V3.zip

SuperCharged V2 CA30B7CDE32C633C8E74EC0005D3C700 *SuperCharged_Atrix_V2.zip

SuperCharged V1 257B237EB0566E679591FB1D493A8A3E *SuperCharged_Atrix.zip
    Originally Posted by lfaber06
    -What do we have here?
    -Supercharged script's
    Uh nope... not in V5 anyway.
    False advertising + weak ass launcher = lol

/system/etc/init.d/97memorycharger is juwe's ram script but renamed, isn't it?

I would appreciate if you stopped bashing our Devs for creating a ROM on their free time. If you think its slow use stock. He put his time and effort in to the ROM all for free. If you think you know so much create your own ROM. Everyone here knows his ROM is much faster than stock, so once again EVERYONE would appreciate it if you just keep you mouth shut.

Sent from my Atrix 2 using XDA App
    C'mon guys, remember that the people who make these ROMs are doing us a favor for free. Let's not pressure them too much ;)