[ROM] 2.3.6 VictoryRom v1.1 Nothing Special.. It's Simple. 29/03/12

Search This thread

streetsmart999

Nov 9, 2010
New Jersey
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for loss, damages or any other kind of issue that can arise from installing this ROM.

I'm not into overclocking + heavy Themes so I make my own Roms. Once I feel comfortable I post it (Removing all possible bugs). Like most of us, I like Mod's and extras. Thanks to all the dev's who worked on Mod's.

I'm sure some of you wanted something like this... I hope u enjoy. and yes everything works (GPS with CWM on Boot etc). I will be out of country for a month starting tomorrow. :) So ur on ur OWN. Guys please help each other. Thanks.

Based on 2.3.6

What is VictoryRom?
1. Deodexed, Zipaligned, ROOTED
2.Pull down notification settings
3.Build.prop tweaks
4.Droid Razr bootanimation
5.Beats Audio
6.Sony Bravia Engine
7.Lightly ICS Themed
8. Ad Block (host files). Personally I'm not into Ad block cos many Dev's create free apps cos of it.. But many users want Ad-Block so I added.
9. Few fonts from ICS.(Roboto as Default Font)
10. Extended WIFI Scan Interval to get more battery.
11.Webtop via HDMI
12. APN Lists (more added)

DOWNLOAD

Installation Instructions - THIS IS A INSTALL ZIP (NOT BACKUP)
1.Put zip on sdcard
2.Back Up apps with Titanium backup
3.Make CWM backup
4.Wipe DATA(Factory Format),WIPE Cache and WIPE dalvik cache
5.flash zip

Thank u all... If u want name next to your mod's let me know...BIG THANKS TO alteredlikeness For keeping Victory alive.

Last edited:

streetsmart999

Nov 9, 2010
New Jersey
ScreenShots and Updates

w4LE1.png
CV1jY.png
jM4gA.png

1GWnR.png
qptr6.png
UOQSb.png

RUcWY.png

Last edited:

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
It looks very nice, I like the simplistic approach. Thanks for taking the time to work on this!

One thing I'd like to know about Bravia Engine: did you have to do anything to port it or did a ported version from another device work on the A2?

streetsmart999

Nov 9, 2010
New Jersey
It looks very nice, I like the simplistic approach. Thanks for taking the time to work on this!

One thing I'd like to know about Bravia Engine: did you have to do anything to port it or did a ported version from another device work on the A2?

It's supposedly makes pic's and video's make look better... Who knows. :) So I just threw them inside the rom. No Harm.

Reactions: cogeary
T

tmease1

Good deal. I've ran your roms on the captivate and the infuse and they are good stable roms. I'll be flashing this once my a2 charges up. Thanks for making one for the a2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
EDITED- BEST ROM EVER. The issues I had must have been something weird. Bad download, shady install... I don't know. What I do know is the second time I installed this ROM its working beautifully. Appologies to the Dev. You obviously took your time with this. Great work! This is the first ROM I've used where I actually like the stock launcher. This ROM is very battery friendly and everything I've tryed so far works as advertised. Including CWM on boot + GPS.

Thank you Googler_1976! Very nice work!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

On the positive side... I like the notification screen, phone pad dialer, the whole system seems very smooth and quick. I might take another look at this when I have more time. Thanks for your efforts! You will make a lot of people happy with this.

@cogeary,
Thanks for the sequence on the Play Store. I'll give that a try next time I install this.

Last edited:

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
I think I like enough tor use. Couple things... Google play store keeps force closing. I deleted cache and data and I'm getting force closes still. I repaired permissions as well. CWM on boot doesn't appear to be working. Not sure why. Is the lockscreen supposed to have an almost double image of a lock and unlock? Seems like it shouldn't? Keyboard is throwing up weird images of keys and freezing spuratically. Sorry for my spelling.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Had to cancel download so I haven't been able to download and flash yet so I don't know about the lockscreen or keyboard. However, I know that the market/play store will FC if you flash /system without clearing data... to fix it just clear cache+data, uninstall updates, then leave it open for a minute or two to update.

Deliberate

Jan 16, 2012
CA
Had to cancel download so I haven't been able to download and flash yet so I don't know about the lockscreen or keyboard. However, I know that the market/play store will FC if you flash /system without clearing data... to fix it just clear cache+data, uninstall updates, then leave it open for a minute or two to update.

Did u come from blaze to this? Oh poop... wrong person. Ment for keb64. Sorry the gf was talking while I was typing

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: I am not responsible for loss, damages or any other kind of issue that can arise from installing this ROM.

I'm not into overclocking + heavy Themes so I make my own Roms. Once I feel comfortable I post it (Removing all possible bugs). Like most of us, I like Mod's and extras. Thanks to all the dev's who worked on Mod's.

I'm sure some of you wanted something like this... I hope u enjoy. and yes everything works (GPS with CWM on Boot etc). I will be out of country for a month starting tomorrow. :) So ur on ur OWN. Guys please help each other. Thanks.

Based on 2.3.6

What is VictoryRom?
    1. Deodexed, Zipaligned, ROOTED
    2.Pull down notification settings
    3.Build.prop tweaks
    4.Droid Razr bootanimation
    5.Beats Audio
    6.Sony Bravia Engine
    7.Lightly ICS Themed
    8. Ad Block (host files). Personally I'm not into Ad block cos many Dev's create free apps cos of it.. But many users want Ad-Block so I added.
    9. Few fonts from ICS.(Roboto as Default Font)
    10. Extended WIFI Scan Interval to get more battery.
    11.Webtop via HDMI
    12. APN Lists (more added)

DOWNLOAD

Installation Instructions - THIS IS A INSTALL ZIP (NOT BACKUP)
    1.Put zip on sdcard
    2.Back Up apps with Titanium backup
    3.Make CWM backup
    4.Wipe DATA(Factory Format),WIPE Cache and WIPE dalvik cache
    5.flash zip

Thank u all... If u want name next to your mod's let me know...BIG THANKS TO alteredlikeness For keeping Victory alive.
    ScreenShots and Updates

w4LE1.png
    CV1jY.png
    jM4gA.png

1GWnR.png
    qptr6.png
    UOQSb.png

RUcWY.png
    Mods/Themes for Victory

Mirror for VictoryROM: VictoryROM1.1.zip

Since I've been pm'd about the mods I put together for this rom a few times, I thought I would put up the links to the original posts here so you don't need to go digging through the entire thread...

Please read the posts as they include pics (for the most part), and describe (for the most part) what will be affected by the zip.
    ***NOTE: All of these zips should work on any of the deodexed roms based on 2.3.6 - but, they will most likely change some other aspects of the theme, as everything here was based on the VictoryROM v1.1 theme.***

These will only change the battery.

These are for the reboot option in power menu.

These will change the phone signal bars and pulldown toggles (the altTheme one will change the battery, power menu, pulldown, and lockscreen too).

This one will change the battery, lockscreen, and power menu.

The download links should all still be working. So, flash and enjoy!

Again, thanks to Googler_1976 for the great and stable base rom. Though your time with us was short lived, your wonderful creation will live on!! :) (LOL)

_______
    CREDITS (been meaning to do this for a while):

-First of all it's Googler_1976's base, so a lot of credit goes the him and where ever he got/made the stuff from - I don't know the details.

-The 1% batteries were partially borrowed from other roms and/or mods, and partially by me - I honestly do not fully remember from where :eek:, but I know for sure that I borrowed the services.jar, and possibly a couple xmls from the values folder in the framework-res (I mean, around 200 or so lines in the public.xml alone...) -Thank you who ever took the time originally! lfaber06? JRW28, maybe?

-Reboot in power menu was by me with help from a couple how-to's (mainly here, thanks spear1403). But, I'm sure I compared with the others previously made around here by JRW & Cogeary (used in SCV5.2).

-Images and icons, etc.: oh, boy... ummm, from here and there...:D. I did at one time get permission from edint3000 to use Team Carbon themes (that's where the blue wavy phone signal came from, i think). Some of them, I edited or made myself with GIMP (e.g. the sleep icon in the latest reboot option zip - just copied the power button, which is stock samsung i believe). And, those battery .pngs are floating all over the place (e.g. here, and here). Those latest dropdown toggles I found are really nice - I'll have to track those down again..

If anybody recognizes their personal work, please let me know, kindly, by PM.

(If anyone has any further questions about these mods, please feel free to pm me.)
    Reboot in Power Menu for Victory 1.1

Finally got the reboot option in power menu working!

In the first attachment, I kept all of the Victory1.1 themeing and included the vertical 1% batt mod (it's the closest match to the v1.1 batt icon).

The second attachment has the 1% circle batt, a modified lockscreen, and close to stock checkboxes.
    1333714914266.jpg

1333714932591.jpg

1333714994513.jpg

Note: You won't get the modded wifi and phone signal (for those mods, see http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24765078&postcount=139)...

I hope Googler doesn't mind.. but since he's gone until next month...

Via CWM..
    Wipe cache & dalvik..
    Install zip..
    Reboot (will take a few minutes)..

------
    EDIT: Updated 1% circle reboot file 4/12/12 (added the services.jar - 1% increments should work directly now)
    Ok I hate fileserve so I added a dropbox mirror

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23154/VictoryROM1.1.zip