Stuck on lockscreen - androidui has stopped

Search This thread

a.monteiro

Nov 7, 2010
Good detective work, I now remember updating the Flipboard app w/ bunch of others as well when things were still all good. Could this be remedied if Flipboard would manage to push a working update? I really don't wanna wipe everything, and I'm not sure I can.

Fortunately i had my photos on the cloud but everything else is gone, a real annoyance but I couldn't wait much longer, I need a backup app now, any suggestions? I'm still within warranty so i don't want to root my phone.

a.monteiro

Nov 7, 2010
Word from Flipboard (via Twitter):

"Flipboard does not support the experimental OS ART at this time."

sounds like an evasive response to avoid trouble, the app worked fine with ART enabled before, and i don't remember any other apps that weren't compatible breaking the entire OS

I've noticed that my system went back to Dalvik after the reset, maybe that's why flipboard updated fine. I'll leave it like that for now, don't wanna risk this happening again until ART is an official thing.

electrictimes

Jan 16, 2012
I'm still trying to find ways to keep my data, too...

What I have tried (and didn't work): booted my phone in safe mode many times in a row and managed to gain access very briefly. Enough time to uninstall Flipboard, but it didn't help. Now I'm just stuck in the same situation as before...really weird.

a.monteiro

Nov 7, 2010
does anyone that went through this issue had problems with the 4.4.3 update? i've tryed to install the update without sucess several times, guess i'll need to download the firmware myself and install it manually :/ sadly i can''t find the 210.12.32.en.BR brazilian version anywhere yet

kailash9999

Apr 25, 2010
Had same issue.

Tried switching from Dalvik to ART from developer tools options and I started experiencing the same issue after rebooting into ART.

com.android.system.ui crash error, Lock Screen loop, could not get past the settings screen while trying to tap on the screen in the milli second window the phone responds after unlocking even after multitude times, and yes I had flipboard installing on my phone.

Fortunately for me, had G-Cloud backup and Air Droid installed, logged into both from my PC took a backup of all items on the phone and did a Factory Reset to bring it out of the ventilator :mad:

So for those of you who are asking for ways to backup, you get lucky if you have airdroid installed on your phone prior to this episode, if you count yourselves as the lucky ones then simply login to airdroid website and access your phone through your Wi-Fi (make sure both are connected in LAN mode to the same network) and download your data from there on.

Also don't try removing flipboard from an external source, your phone will simply do a reboot and you are back to square one again.

Since there is news of Dalvik being dumped for ART, its high time they come up with a solution for the future of the phone.

smagous

Aug 5, 2014
trying to bring some light...

Hi everyone... I just had the same problem and after reading the posts about flipboard I went and delete the app, but one of the things that was strange is that a few days ago when I had this problem, I noticed that my Clock&Weather Widget was taking too long to start and in the few seconds "window" that I had between the restart and the "UI Stopped"message I've removed the widget from the screen and apparently fixed the problem. yesterday, my phone ran out of battery and when I charged him and restarted the UI stopped again... so I deleted flipboard (because I read here) but the problem continues... so I went and uninstalled the widget and VOILA! Problem solved. I'm guessing not only flipboard but other widgets/launcher may be having some problems with the last update so try to delete the last updates and apps the you've guys donwload or updated before do a factory reset... It worked for me. It was a lucky guess but it worked. Hope it helps you guys!:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I... did that, but obviously not the correct way, i'm downloading the files on my note and will try again. Maybe I should unpack the firmware files at some specific place? The instructions said nothing about this so I did nothing.

Just reminded me that my phone is still within warranty, doing this restore may void it?

My phone is back working..at the cost of wiping out all my data.
    Hi,
    i've today the same, exactly the same problem. It's strange, because i can't reset my phone to factory default, i went to the recovery menu, then "factory", but it only rebooted...

My "solution":
    I reinstalled the original firmware:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542219

Then all works fine.. No matter why this error occurs.. an automatic firmware update? ..i don't know...