Open Recovery MiniMod by -FuFu- [Feb 03 2013] v0.23

Search This thread

-FuFu-

you must have flash the vulnerable recovery ( http://www.mediafire.com/?jzzjmmrvwkz ), then download MiniMod, unzip and put the File "update.zip" and the Folder "OpenRecovery" directly in root of your sdcard (not in any folder)

then just reboot do recovery and apply update.zip (must do everytime or you have the aotoboot or script on your device (in most custom roms included))

Reactions: hearts king101

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
flashing minimod over existing OR

My Milestone is with OR 1.46.I want to install Minimod(8.02.12).Will it do if I copy unzipped files of Minimod to Open Recovery in SD card and do Apply Update in existing OR?Is it compulsory to delete the existing OR in SDcard and paste the Minimod OR there for flashing in recovery?And when I delete my existing OR will the Vulnerable Recovery file present there be lost?Anybody may please advise.Waiting with thanks,
pnsdhrn

Last edited:

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
installing Minimod

vulnerable recovery will be untouched, you just must delete existing OpenRecovery folder and update.zip and copy the extracted files from minimod.zip to your sdcard...
thats all
Thanks a lot FuFu for your guidance.I will let you know the result.In the meanwhile I am waiting for the digitizer cable from US for my phone in India for replacement.Only after getting it I will be able perform the installation.So sorry for the delay possible in the feedback.Once again thanking you,
pnsdhrn

BooZon

Nov 25, 2011
FuFu, I've got one question. If I want to split my SD i must go to my neighbor and ask that he have time cause I don't have a Card Reader in PC. With scripts in your OR mod is way easier. But here's my question - i don't want a 1GB ext partition cause for me it's big. Something about 500MB will be OK for me. I tried edit a script that I think it is from splitting SD (a2ext.sh from bin directory). I changed value from 15000 to 15400 thought that the right value. but it isn't;/ Can you tell me which value is right to edit a size of ext partition? (or send me edited script if you be nice :>) ;)

Last edited:

Eiertschik

Mar 28, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
First of all - what's the size of your SD card?

I think the size of the partitions is given in sectors, so 0-7000-7900 would mean 7GB FAT and 1GB EXT

You mentioned 15000 - so I suppose you have a 16GB card?
The sectors in the script should mean 15GB FAT and 1GB EXT (0-15000-15900)

You would have to change the 15000 value in both commands - or otherwise the partitions would be overlapping - parted won't allow that.

So try inserting this into the script:

echo "create partition..."
echo "creating fat32-partition on card 0. This may take a while..."
/sbin/parted -s /dev/block/mmcblk0 mkpartfs primary fat32 0 15400
echo "creating ext2-partition on card 0. This may take a while..."
/sbin/parted -s /dev/block/mmcblk0 mkpartfs primary ext2 15400 15900

drift08

Oct 8, 2008
OnePlus 9
I didn't create any other EXT on my microSD card. It's just in fat32 fs. Is it necessary to do so?

Last edited:

scoutme

Jul 3, 2010
I didn't create any other EXT on my microSD card. It's just in fat32 fs. Is it necessary to do so?

The first partition must be ext for app2ext. If you need it to be fat - and I don't get why you should - you'll have to use link2sd+, that is another application not already included in CM roms nor miui.

Sent from my Milestone using XDA

mrvek

Feb 10, 2011
/home
The first partition must be ext for app2ext. If you need it to be fat - and I don't get why you should - you'll have to use link2sd+, that is another application not already included in CM roms nor miui.

Sent from my Milestone using XDA

Not true. First partition must be fat32 and is used as storage for camera, some apps use it for data like settings and as download location.
Second partition can be ext3 /ext4.

MotoMileCm7

Oct 17, 2011
I have same problem.when I want to run the nandroid backup is start and don't finished :-(

Sent from my Milestone using xda premium

BooZon

Nov 25, 2011
First of all - what's the size of your SD card?

I think the size of the partitions is given in sectors, so 0-7000-7900 would mean 7GB FAT and 1GB EXT

You mentioned 15000 - so I suppose you have a 16GB card?
The sectors in the script should mean 15GB FAT and 1GB EXT (0-15000-15900)

You would have to change the 15000 value in both commands - or otherwise the partitions would be overlapping - parted won't allow that.

So try inserting this into the script:

echo "create partition..."
echo "creating fat32-partition on card 0. This may take a while..."
/sbin/parted -s /dev/block/mmcblk0 mkpartfs primary fat32 0 15400
echo "creating ext2-partition on card 0. This may take a while..."
/sbin/parted -s /dev/block/mmcblk0 mkpartfs primary ext2 15400 15900

I did exactly what you write here, and it did't gave me 0,5 GB ext partition. Yes, i have 16GB SD, but i just resolve problem with splitting, just go to neughbor. But I must find a resolution for that script

-FuFu-

first, if you use a Windows PC, please use notepad++ to edit the file...

if you want to edit the size of the ext partitio for a 16gb sdcard, you just must insert what "Eiertschik" just post befor...
file is /bin/a2ext.sh
edit line 57 to: /sbin/parted -s /dev/block/mmcblk0 mkpartfs primary fat32 0 15400
and line 59 to: /sbin/parted -s /dev/block/mmcblk0 mkpartfs primary ext2 15400 15900
then save the file and boot to OR

if there still some problem, please formate your sdcard (over the android setting menu) and try again...

what exactly is the problem? dit it not create any partiotion or just in wrong size?

other way, open the OR console and type in:
/sbin/parted -s /dev/block/mmcblk0 print

check the size of your card...
my 16gb card shows:
Disk ... 16,2GB
sector size 512B/512B
1 512B 15.0GB 15.0GB primary fat32 lba
2 15.0GB 15.2GB 1200MB primary ext2

may if the creation fails again, edit line 57 from a2ext.sh to:
/sbin/parted -s /dev/block/mmcblk0 mkpartfs primary fat32 1 15400

@MotoMileCm7
what exact is the problem by perform a nandroid backup? where it stucks?
may check your card if there bad sectors (windows checking tool) or backup your sdcard and format it (use android settings menu)...
some times it also stucks when sdcard have less then 1GB space left

Reactions: hearts king101

MotoMileCm7

Oct 17, 2011
first, if you use a Windows PC, please use notepad++ to edit the file...

if you want to edit the size of the ext partitio for a 16gb sdcard, you just must insert what "Eiertschik" just post befor...
file is /bin/a2ext.sh
edit line 57 to: /sbin/parted -s /dev/block/mmcblk0 mkpartfs primary fat32 0 15400
and line 59 to: /sbin/parted -s /dev/block/mmcblk0 mkpartfs primary ext2 15400 15900
then save the file and boot to OR

if there still some problem, please formate your sdcard (over the android setting menu) and try again...

what exactly is the problem? dit it not create any partiotion or just in wrong size?

other way, open the OR console and type in:
/sbin/parted -s /dev/block/mmcblk0 print

check the size of your card...
my 16gb card shows:
Disk ... 16,2GB
sector size 512B/512B
1 512B 15.0GB 15.0GB primary fat32 lba
2 15.0GB 15.2GB 1200MB primary ext2

may if the creation fails again, edit line 57 from a2ext.sh to:
/sbin/parted -s /dev/block/mmcblk0 mkpartfs primary fat32 1 15400

@MotoMileCm7
what exact is the problem by perform a nandroid backup? where it stucks?
may check your card if there bad sectors (windows checking tool) or backup your sdcard and format it (use android settings menu)...
some times it also stucks when sdcard have less then 1GB space left

this stucks on "boot:dumping"
i check my sectors and i have 1.30GB free

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi @all...

now i will present you my new OR Mod named Minimod
    its my first thread here on XDA, hope i do it right ;)

Logo_MiniMod.jpg

my mod is based on the Original Open Recovery by skrilax_cz, no changes in binarys, i only add some new features (most features known out of other OR mods like Androidiani or GOT OR)

my old OR mod (OR SE) will not be continued (if some one use it, sorry)

Use this link to report bugs, or request new functionality and mods

RSS Feed: don't miss any update, just add my RSS Feed

Functions Overview: Features Overview Wiki
    also all Stock OpenRecovery Features like nandroid, apply update, apply script etc. included in Minimod

Homepage: minimod - Google Project Hosting
    There you can find the download, the wiki, and the issues page (where you can put bugs, and request for new addons)

latest Version: v0.23
    Changelog: will be come later
    Download: Minimod v0.23

New Addon Relesed: Addon Pack with special features for "TheFroyoMod"
    Infos and Download here
    (not compatible with Version 0.10 or above)

Changelog
    03/02/2013
    Changelog
    - changelog will be come soon

Changelog
    Changelog
    - new screens will be come soon

Updates
    24/05/2011
    - redesigns the Project Homepage
    - add Wikis to Project Home
    - add screenshots to Wiki

hope you you like my work, the wiki will come in the next days...
    i just started the project, but i still work on it... for now i will work on the project page to add the wiki and function overview. if you find a bug or something may not work right, please report it on the issues page on the project homepage, i try my best to fix it as fast i can.

at last, sorry for my bad english, but i dont trust google translate, it dont speech much german ;) so i try my best and hope that all understand me

01main.png
    02modding.png

03sc.png
    04backup.png

05freespace.png
    06misc.png

07fb-m.png
    07-2fb1.png

07-2fb2.png
    08dsa-1.png

08dsa-2.png

--- add screenshots (23/05/2011)
    --- edit screenshots (25/05/2011)
    --- add rss feed (25/05/2011)
    --- add v0.04 (05/08/2011)
    --- add v0.05 (27/08/2011)
    --- add v0.06 (29/08/2011)
    UPDATE Time
    New MiniMod Version 0.22

*Changelog:*
    - some little script changes
    - update to latest 2ndboot OR from nadlabak

Download: http://code.google.com/p/minimod/downloads/detail?name=Minimod_V0.22.zip

i just update to latest 2ndboot OR from nadlabak and fix the bug when resize sdcard...
    also i add new options to wipe menu, to wipe ext partition or only delete apps from ext partition...

if find some bug, please just post here i try do fix them
    UPDATE TIME
    Download: Minimod_V0.21.zip - minimod - MiniMod v0.21 - Mod based on Open Recovery for Milestone - Google Project Hosting
    Changelog: Changelog_v0_21 - minimod - Changelog from Version 0.21 - Mod based on Open Recovery for Milestone - Google Project Hosting

add SD Tools Menu

now you be able to create swap partition

new resize option will resize your fat partition without deleate all data, but you must have enough free space on sdcard to create the new partitions...
    if a ext partition exist, the script will backup the data and restore it after resize is finished...

hope all works fine, if found some bugs or issues just post here or on http://code.google.com/p/minimod/issues/list

///EDIT///
    splitting and resize option now use the correct sdcard size, hope it works on all sdcards, i test it on 2gb, 8gb and 16gb sdcards
    UPDATE TIME

latest Version: v0.10
    Changelog:
    - add AROMA Filemanager 1.01 (all credits to amarullz from xda Forum)
    - add AROMA Installer and use it as a TouchInterface? (all credits to amarullz from xda Forum)
    - some little script changes
    Download: Minimod v0.10

New Addon Relesed: Addon Pack with special features for "TheFroyoMod"
    Infos and Download here
    (not compatible with Version 0.10 or above)

full changelog at http://code.google.com/p/minimod/wiki/Changelog_v0_10

hope you like it... if you find some bugs or have any issues, please report here in the Thread or in my bugtracker at http://code.google.com/p/minimod/issues/list
    all credits for AROMA Filemanager and AROMA Installer goes to amarullz
    sorry for the little bug in the Menu...
    i hope i have fix it, just look here http://code.google.com/p/minimod/issues/detail?id=1
    there i upload a file, hope it works, if not, please comment at the issue page

i include the V5 Script cause its a normal sh script and it is simple to include it, may i will update to V6...

next i work on is a addonpack for CM6 and 7, also one pack for TheFroyoMod, with special modding options for this roms...
    they will be little packages to include in Minimod (just addon ^^)

i will take screenshots later the day and will post they in first post

the minimod also include all stock OpenRecovery features like nandroid, apply script etc. ;) i forgot to say that in first post, i will add it soon ;)