[Q] Video from android camera to remote computer

Search This thread

Papucii

Jan 28, 2014
Is there anyway I can stream camera video from android online outside of wifi routher so I can see video from remote computer?

There are copule of solutions but those app only stream video from android to pc over the same wifi routher.
Good program for that is Ip webcam.

And you can also send that video to another android device with tinyCam Monitor.

But I want to stream it online so it could be accesed by remote computer!

One solution is with IP Camera Adapter so you could use video from android as your webcam in skype.

But this is too complicated because you must have your computer turned on, and skype opened.
Some other solutions have same problem because you must have your computer on.

I found one really difficult solution with port forwarding and you have to open host on .no-ip.biz...

So, can it be done only from android phone with one or two programs.

Is there anyway I can stream camera video from android online outside of wifi routher so I can see video from remote computer?

There are copule of solutions but those app only stream video from android to pc over the same wifi routher.
Good program for that is Ip webcam.

And you can also send that video to another android device with tinyCam Monitor.

But I want to stream it online so it could be accesed by remote computer!

One solution is with IP Camera Adapter so you could use video from android as your webcam in skype.

But this is too complicated because you must have your computer turned on, and skype opened.
Some other solutions have same problem because you must have your computer on.

I found one really difficult solution with port forwarding and you have to open host on .no-ip.biz...

So, can it be done only from android phone with one or two programs.

Check DroidCam
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dev47apps.droidcam

ADDED AFTER A BIT OF THINKING
It can work only on same Wi-Fi or USB.
No problem. You can try a workaround. Plug it to a computer where you want camera and install Teamviewer on that PC. Then view that computer's screen (and obviously mobile camera) via teamviewer on your computer.
That makes you to install only 2 softwares on 3 devices.
1) DroidCam on Mobile.
2) Teamviewer on computer near mobile.
3) Teamviewer on your computer where you are going to see video.

Last edited:

Papucii

Jan 28, 2014
Your solution with DroidCam is same as mine with IP Camera Adapter because both makes your android camera as webcam.
Teamviewer is as difficult as with skype and maybe more.

I guess that there is no android app that connects android camera and remote computer but
somehow I am sure that it can be done.

Application Ip webcam is great and lacks only that option.

Papucii

Jan 28, 2014
I found solution. It can be done with Airdroid.

You log on with your email and password on android phone and then you can access from everywhere in the world.
You can check your sms, photos, or turn camera on or off: turn light on, take snapshot.

There is no sound so that is big minus.

We can lock this thread.