Recover LTE after Brazil firmware

Search This thread

christian5916

well, with the brazil firmware you will no have any app of Telcel and the performance I feel it a little bit faster but not much, the only thing that will not chance is the Messages icon because its stored in the sim card, if turn on your phone without your sim card you will see the original Message icon (blue) then if you insert your sim card the screen will be flash a little bit and the Message icon will turn orange with white :(

This will fix the orange icon for ya.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2127905

[App][Root] Stock ICS SMS Apk With Stock SMS Icon for Latin American Carriers

xdracco

Nov 1, 2012
Hi people,

this is my first post here

i'm from Mexico and my Razr HD is from Telcel

after flash the Retail Brasilian Firmware I lost my 4G LTE because the firmware has a diferent modem from Brasil LTE

for the people who lost LTE after flashing (like me) I have the solution

I just took the firmware from Rogers Canada and extract the modem_signed file and with this modem I have again my LTE from Telcel

I attached the bat file and fastboot files if somebody need it

i didn't attached the modem_signed file because my internet is very slow but you can download it from here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943879\\

you just put the modem_signed file in the same folder with the files attached and run the bat file, your phone need to be in fastboot mode

Awesome. Just flashed using retail brazil 4.1.2 and lost LTE along the way. This post is just what I needed to get LTE again. I'm in AT&T territory so our frequency is only shared by Canada and Mexico.

Mil gracias!!

arbeydj

Mar 7, 2013
Help to get back 4G LTE

Awesome. Just flashed using retail brazil 4.1.2 and lost LTE along the way. This post is just what I needed to get LTE again. I'm in AT&T territory so our frequency is only shared by Canada and Mexico.

Mil gracias!!

Hi guys. I need help from you to get back 4G on my cel. The first thing I´d do was flash my cel with BR Retail ICS, with this ROM 7.7.1Q-144_VQL_S3-49 Service, the process was sucessfull. After that my cel only connect H+, loosing the capability to reach 4G. I make the process mentioned in this thread with no results.
1- Make the process with de archive modem_signed, obtained from FW Rogers Canada
Version: 7.7.1Q-144_VQL_S3-49 FULL
Android Version: 4.0.4
without results.
2- Make the process with de archive modem_signed, obtained from FW Telcel Mexico
Version: 7.7.1Q-144_VQL_S3-58 Full
without result.
3- Flash again my cel with FW Retail Brasil
Version: 7.7.1Q-144_VQL_S3-49 Service
replacing the file modem_signed, with the same named file from FW Telcel Mexico without results.

Im in Mexico DF and would like to enjoy the benefits of 4G service. Thanks everybody.

stiffi2011

Oct 10, 2011
Hi guys. I need help from you to get back 4G on my cel. The first thing I´d do was flash my cel with BR Retail ICS, with this ROM 7.7.1Q-144_VQL_S3-49 Service, the process was sucessfull. After that my cel only connect H+, loosing the capability to reach 4G. I make the process mentioned in this thread with no results.
1- Make the process with de archive modem_signed, obtained from FW Rogers Canada
Version: 7.7.1Q-144_VQL_S3-49 FULL
without results.
2- Make the process with de archive modem_signed, obtained from FW Telcel Mexico
without result.
3- Flash again my cel with FW Retail Brasil
Version: 7.7.1Q-144_VQL_S3-49 Service
replacing the file modem_signed, with the same named file from FW Telcel Mexico without results.

Im in Mexico DF and would like to enjoy the benefits of 4G service. Thanks everybody.

Try it with the modem files from the VIVO full firmware. Tha'ts what I did. I think the regions have to match for it to work. Rogers is North American. Vivo and Telcel should both be Latin American.

arbeydj

Mar 7, 2013
I got it 4G LTE in my cel.

Try it with the modem files from the VIVO full firmware. Tha'ts what I did. I think the regions have to match for it to work. Rogers is North American. Vivo and Telcel should both be Latin American.

Thank you stiffi2011, i soveld the problem by myself, but your answer help to me very much, the word "FILES" (plural) was very important to show me that i need more than one file.

The process was wich is described at the top of the thread, but i used two files ,modem_signed and fsg_signed, instead of a single one modem_signed.
Both file taked from firmware:
Telcel Mexico

Thank everybody. Unity is strength.

stiffi2011

Oct 10, 2011
Thank you stiffi2011, i soveld the problem by myself, but your answer help to me very much, the word "FILES" (plural) was very important to show me that i need more than one file.

The process was wich is described at the top of the thread, but i used two files ,modem_signed and fsg_signed, instead of a single one modem_signed.
Both file taked from firmware:
Telcel Mexico

Thank everybody. Unity is strength.

Ha! I did the same thing at first. Took me 3 tries to realize I needed 2 files. Glad you got it working.

christian5916

All you need it's the fsg.bin file of your carrier and it should work I'm using the Brazil baseband with 4G by just flashing the fsg file

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366402376064.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366402376064.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 151

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi people,

this is my first post here

i'm from Mexico and my Razr HD is from Telcel

after flash the Retail Brasilian Firmware I lost my 4G LTE because the firmware has a diferent modem from Brasil LTE

for the people who lost LTE after flashing (like me) I have the solution

I just took the firmware from Rogers Canada and extract the modem_signed file and with this modem I have again my LTE from Telcel

I attached the bat file and fastboot files if somebody need it

i didn't attached the modem_signed file because my internet is very slow but you can download it from here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943879\\

you just put the modem_signed file in the same folder with the files attached and run the bat file, your phone need to be in fastboot mode
    Tethering is not working for me on Rogers.

Make sure you have a dun apn setup.

Just add dun to your apn type field, see if that fixes your problem.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
    The ROM won't let me create a dun APN.

That sucks...

If you're rooted there's a nice little hack which I used on my Droid 4 to add the APN. It might not be exactly the same, but should give you a good starting point :

Using SQLite Editor, Phone/Messaging Storage -> telephony.db -> carriers -> Locate the last APN, scroll over to "type" then long press that field, chose "edit field" and add ",dun" (without the quotes)

Let me know if you're successful.
    What apn for dun do you use with rogers ?
    Try ltedata.apn

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium

LTEdata.apn is setup as a dun only apn on stock phone. Create a new apn in the phone and give it a bogus type, then edit the soon setting using my method.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2