[Q] jellySNAP ROM lockscreen torch

Search This thread

beldee

Dec 6, 2012
Melbourne
Does anyone know how to deactivate the torch on the jellySNAP rom
I find it annoying when I press the home button to open the lockscreen and then press the
home button again and the torch comes on....

Any help would be much appreciated...... thank you.

Paul_Kolanjian

Dec 12, 2012
Zahlah
OnePlus One
LG G3
Having not used JellySNAP ROM, I would probably recommend asking the developer of the ROM to answer your question since it could be an integrated feature and cannot be disabled. However, I'll try to help you with a simple method but notice that it might not work for sure in your case. First of all, go to Settings, tap on application manager (or apps whatever it's called in the ROM you're using), and swipe to the All menu (Settings>Application Manager>All). Now here's the real thing. You will see a list of system apps and your third-party custom apps, but you need to look for the Torch App (since it's what's causing your problem), so simply search for the Torch app by swiping down the menu. If it's not there, then you can't do anything. Yet, if you can see the Torch app (a yellow light bulb), tap on it and disable it. In case "disable" is greyed for you, get yourself a root explorer (Root Explorer, ES file explorer...) and grant it root access. Then, go to /system/app and search for the Torch app. If you find it, Voila, delete it and reboot your device. This should remove torch app from your ROM and you can get a third-party app to configure your LED. Hope I helped

Reactions: beldee

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
Does anyone know how to deactivate the torch on the jellySNAP rom<br />
I find it annoying when I press the home button to open the lockscreen and then press the <br />
home button again and the torch comes on....<br />
<br />
Pm the dev mate. He's a top bloke and friendly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Reactions: beldee

beldee

Dec 6, 2012
Melbourne
Having not used JellySNAP ROM, I would probably recommend asking the developer of the ROM to answer your question since it could be an integrated feature and cannot be disabled. However, I'll try to help you with a simple method but notice that it might not work for sure in your case. First of all, go to Settings, tap on application manager (or apps whatever it's called in the ROM you're using), and swipe to the All menu (Settings>Application Manager>All). Now here's the real thing. You will see a list of system apps and your third-party custom apps, but you need to look for the Torch App (since it's what's causing your problem), so simply search for the Torch app by swiping down the menu. If it's not there, then you can't do anything. Yet, if you can see the Torch app (a yellow light bulb), tap on it and disable it. In case "disable" is greyed for you, get yourself a root explorer (Root Explorer, ES file explorer...) and grant it root access. Then, go to /system/app and search for the Torch app. If you find it, Voila, delete it and reboot your device. This should remove torch app from your ROM and you can get a third-party app to configure your LED. Hope I helped[

I read this and then I pm dev as suggested by other post
I get quick response from dev who tell me to do what like you say and now I fix it...
Thank you for response

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Having not used JellySNAP ROM, I would probably recommend asking the developer of the ROM to answer your question since it could be an integrated feature and cannot be disabled. However, I'll try to help you with a simple method but notice that it might not work for sure in your case. First of all, go to Settings, tap on application manager (or apps whatever it's called in the ROM you're using), and swipe to the All menu (Settings>Application Manager>All). Now here's the real thing. You will see a list of system apps and your third-party custom apps, but you need to look for the Torch App (since it's what's causing your problem), so simply search for the Torch app by swiping down the menu. If it's not there, then you can't do anything. Yet, if you can see the Torch app (a yellow light bulb), tap on it and disable it. In case "disable" is greyed for you, get yourself a root explorer (Root Explorer, ES file explorer...) and grant it root access. Then, go to /system/app and search for the Torch app. If you find it, Voila, delete it and reboot your device. This should remove torch app from your ROM and you can get a third-party app to configure your LED. Hope I helped
    Does anyone know how to deactivate the torch on the jellySNAP rom<br />
    I find it annoying when I press the home button to open the lockscreen and then press the <br />
    home button again and the torch comes on....<br />
    <br />

Yes I pm dev and he tell me how to fix torch up
    and yes,he's a top bloke and friendly
    Thank you for response