• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
Installed stock cm9 camera...works great....one included in rom didn't have some of the same shooting modes. :)

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

the12nv

Aug 21, 2010
Fitchburg, WI
Reactions: spleef

tsjoe2

Dec 11, 2010
Look under emmc

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

Hi guys. Loving the from. My main thing is that in the file browser you can access the internal, but how do I get the system itself to read it? Even the main file browser from MIUI doesn't read it. When trying to download from browser it says I need an SD card to download the file. I know in the regular cm9 version there is an option to read it, but can't find d it here. Thanks again. :eek:

Sent from my E4gT using tapatalk.

bytethegroove

Dec 23, 2008
Berwyn, IL
installed v5(after installing v3 first ofcoarse;) ) on USCC electrify, and wow buddy...amazing work..super fast, super slick...it pretty much worked right out of the box...no apn edits or build prop edits...you da man....
I have a few questions to ask...and have done some googling on the subject...

is there anyway to remove the download limit when on mobile data... the most i can download is 10mb...even though i disabled it....if not is there way to increase the options listed adding 20mb-100mb?

bluetooth works, but randomly shuts of when listing to bluetooth audio, is this kernal related? this is the same behavior i had on uscc stock 2.3.5rom

is the 8 point multitouch mod included, and is it safe to install beats audio?

and dont hate me for asking as i know there is some video issues with ics for photon, but will the bravia engine zip do anything for this rom?

thanks again for your hard work
byte

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
Hi guys. Loving the from. My main thing is that in the file browser you can access the internal, but how do I get the system itself to read it? Even the main file browser from MIUI doesn't read it. When trying to download from browser it says I need an SD card to download the file. I know in the regular cm9 version there is an option to read it, but can't find d it here. Thanks again. :eek:

Sent from my E4gT using tapatalk.

was looking at the cm7 thread and the mokee thread someone there has a script to make it see them correctly but its not perfect yet has issues maybe it would work on miui ( not sure untested i havent tried it just seen it ) so far as setting go when i port all the apk and framework is miui except for the few i throw in or are already there so any settings that cm9 has might not be there if they werent intergrated into miui originally or by the porter in this case was the atrix team originally and then by myself to the photon in which neither used them. so for now keep an eye on that script unless you have experience in editing such things is a wip though so as it progresses thhose sort of things should get worked out. sorry i have no real solution other than idk at the moment.

installed v5(after installing v3 first ofcoarse;) ) on USCC electrify, and wow buddy...amazing work..super fast, super slick...it pretty much worked right out of the box...no apn edits or build prop edits...you da man....
I have a few questions to ask...and have done some googling on the subject...

is there anyway to remove the download limit when on mobile data... the most i can download is 10mb...even though i disabled it....if not is there way to increase the options listed adding 20mb-100mb?

bluetooth works, but randomly shuts of when listing to bluetooth audio, is this kernal related? this is the same behavior i had on uscc stock 2.3.5rom

is the 8 point multitouch mod included, and is it safe to install beats audio?

and dont hate me for asking as i know there is some video issues with ics for photon, but will the bravia engine zip do anything for this rom?

thanks again for your hard work
byte

i know you can force it to download it once you try to downloa something too big you should get a pop up message asking you to force it anyways click yes and it will download... so far as setting it past 10mb i dont think you can at this time you can change some settings in the monitor apk but its mostly just for the warnings i believe and can try turning the monitor off maybe then it wont know you are exceeding the allowed limit....
bluetooth still very much needing fixing the man ( joker )is working on it. the base of the port is joker's cm9 so the bluetooth issues reside in it and from reading can flash a oleg/peter kernel to fix it but im not sure if it fixes it completely is one of those have to try and see things.
im not sure if the 8point is buit in but i know joker has the raindrop fix built in or has stated so in the raindrop fix thread some time ago. and as far as beats goes its pretty much same answer have to try and see the miui is still fresh off the burner so am not sure what works and doesnt work on or with it yet best guess would be to read up on the mod you wanting to use and see if others having similar device specs have had success or even someone on miui using it
the bravia i am not sure could try it and see but make sure you make backups cause could mess with things or make your sound horrible.
wish i had more answers but i dont as this roms grows/updates we will have them but for now is best to research research research ... i realize thats what you are trying to do by asking but i really am not sure and dont want to tell you misguided info and have you having to sbf or some crap

ski21

Apr 25, 2009
Is there any other sms app besides gosms. I tried handcent or something like that, but it keeps error and closing. I was looking for something different then gosms, because gosms doesn't automatically download mms, you actually have click download. It does work, but I'm looking for an app that auto downloads, like the stock one does.

tsjoe2

Dec 11, 2010
was looking at the cm7 thread and the mokee thread someone there has a script to make it see them correctly but its not perfect yet has issues maybe it would work on miui ( not sure untested i havent tried it just seen it ) so far as setting go when i port all the apk and framework is miui except for the few i throw in or are already there so any settings that cm9 has might not be there if they werent intergrated into miui originally or by the porter in this case was the atrix team originally and then by myself to the photon in which neither used them. so for now keep an eye on that script unless you have experience in editing such things is a wip though so as it progresses thhose sort of things should get worked out. sorry i have no real solution other than idk at the moment.

Thank you spleef for a logical explaination. I wish I was good at coding, been thinking of doing the same thing that you have done here for the e4gt for myself. Wanna try it sometime, and I will try to find the script you are refuring to. Thanks again.

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
Thank you spleef for a logical explaination. I wish I was good at coding, been thinking of doing the same thing that you have done here for the e4gt for myself. Wanna try it sometime, and I will try to find the script you are refuring to. Thanks again.

np wish i could have been more help if you decide to start on it let me know ill lend a hand how and when i can

just a little update got 2.3.9 ported over and booting but ive run into same issue as before with the whole no data bit
have tried doing the preinstall and after install and editing the aps manually but nothing is working yet will keep trying weird though it has internet, sms, phone working but mobile network says disconnected idk if anyone has any ideas feel free to chime in

Last edited:

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
np wish i could have been more help if you decide to start on it let me know ill lend a hand how and when i can

just a little update got 2.3.9 ported over and booting but ive run into same issue as before with the whole no data bit
have tried doing the preinstall and after install and editing the aps manually but nothing is working yet will keep trying weird though it has internet, sms, phone working but mobile network says disconnected idk if anyone has any ideas feel free to chime in

On the preinstall, did you use the apn file that I posted in fixes or edit the file as it existed in the rom? If you used mine, that will create a problem depending on which version of CM9 you're using as the base. Joker changed around the file before he released his latest build. (CDMA used to be on line like 520, and it was on 300 something on 0.3.2). To use the apn-conf.xml that I made, you would have to have a base of 0.3.1 or earlier...

Reactions: bricky23

e240

Feb 12, 2011
Can someone post a mirror for test 3 please? Its not working for me

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

bytethegroove

Dec 23, 2008
Berwyn, IL
i keep getting android.process.phone force closes when i try answer a call, anyone have any ideas? i tried uses go contacts dialer (it works has call logs) but can't make it default for incomming calls...as of right now i cant answer any call..
any help is appreciaited
byte

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
On the preinstall, did you use the apn file that I posted in fixes or edit the file as it existed in the rom? If you used mine, that will create a problem depending on which version of CM9 you're using as the base. Joker changed around the file before he released his latest build. (CDMA used to be on line like 520, and it was on 300 something on 0.3.2). To use the apn-conf.xml that I made, you would have to have a base of 0.3.1 or earlier...

yeah I used the one you made tried porting it into .3.1 had same issues as the .3.3 once I get off work tomorrow we will crack this granted the Miui bugs might be a little tougher but we will see btw the same xml you made I used in tests 3-5 its just weird no 3g icon but it has data doesn't matter what you switch it to...
either way tomorrow can look for miui2.3.9 alpha going to update op making 3&5 (betas) into their own category since they run great. will keep it updated with the atrix and cm9 as they come as well.also putting my 2..3.9 in its own category since its 100% coming from miui not the atrix this way we get best of both worlds... ill do my best guys to keep op understandable, links easy to find, and both build updating. so bare with me cause its going to be a hell of a ride probably going to take down post 2 to be either atrix port or miui port the fixes, apps, and stuff there can be found in our man th3bill thread and xcell thread as well as in mine in theme/app section...
I apologize for the huge post there I'm just excited and wanted to share the news

Can someone post a mirror for test 3 please? Its not working for me

just checked, links working it will redirect you to Devhost download it from there. if trying from phone could be problem I always download large files from PC if still can't I'll get new link in the morning. sorry its earliest I can do already in bed

MIUI/ICS for the Photon
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1536161

Last edited:

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
i keep getting android.process.phone force closes when i try answer a call, anyone have any ideas? i tried uses go contacts dialer (it works has call logs) but can't make it default for incomming calls...as of right now i cant answer any call..
any help is appreciaited
byte

yep click on phone open settings change gesture from horizontal to vertical will work now horz. broken this build vert. works well though

MIUI/ICS for the Photon

e240

Feb 12, 2011
Yea its fine I'll just download from my computer..keep getting download unsuccessful from my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is a port of several different compatible miui builds from the miui.us {thanks guys for everything}
    http://forums.miui.us/content.php
    used jokers cm9 as a base {and of course the MAN {joker} who without him none of this would be possible}
    found here: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1413349
    making good use of the guides on the xda especially prox guide {thanks prox}
    found here:http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1499411
    Stevendeb25, Magiman7, Jokersax11, Th3Bill, Bytethegroove, and myself:

- { Team-Moto-Tegra } -

would like to present to you:

MIUI/ICS V4. for the Motorola Photon

Unlocked photons only!!!!!! Must be on 198_7 or 198_6 and have your bootloader unlocked thanks

Instructions:

* aroma installer process: { works for fresh install or updating } [ thanks th3bill for cranking it out for us ] {DO NOT WIPE BEFORE FLASHING}
    reboot to recovery, flash the aroma installer zip (its not named aroma installer), choose you options, follow the promts...... and thats all to it....... have fun

*romracer & joker recovery process:

* fresh install process:
    reboot to recovery use jokers recovery cwmv3
    use th3bill's wipe all zip ...... or
    format system, data, cache
    flash rom, flash rom a second time, flash photon gapps, flahs kernel provided in the op, fix permissions, and then reboot phone

* to flash over/update:
    use th3bill wipe cache zip ..... or
    wipe cache and dalvick cache
    flash rom, then flash rom a second time, flash photon gapps, flash kernel provided in op, fix permissions, and then reboot phone

* if you run into some fc's reboot into recovery wipe dalvick cache and fix permissions the reboot phone

*unless posted as not working you can assume it works until you test for yourself. if you find something unreported as not working please post so i can add it to the op and if you find a fix for it please do the same and i will include it to op and in builds as well as credit you for the find
    THANKS!

known issues:
    themes not 100%
    if choosing xperia launcher you need to choose another launcher to go with it.. it doesn't play nice being alone with miui home

MIUI DOWNLOAD LINK

* looking for people t o create a custom logo for our team please pm bil or myself with ideas or even submit your work.....thanks

*Please report any and everything and as always please make a backup before flashing

* also a big thanks to qbking77 for putting together review and how to videos for us his channel can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/qbking77/featured

how to video:
    http://youtu.be/JGYJJqNbz80

review video:
    http://youtu.be/dGr9bYUsa2E
    great news people just got off chat with some miui.us we are getting official support they are setting up a thread/ftp for sunfire on the device page... th3bill and myself will be the mods for it... going to be redirecting the downloads to them as per their request.... congrats. everyone we are officially supported!!!! op changes to be made will come soon after everything is up and running on miui.us
    GET READY TO BE HAPPY PEOPLE!!!

MMS FIX

FLASH THIS BABY AND ENJOY! NO MORE NEED FOR GOSMS!

BIG THANKS TO XCELLPHONESALESREP FOR THE INFO, AND THE MYSTERY DEV HE GOT IT FROM.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Thank you everyone! 300 Thanks :)

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

EVERYONE...PLEASE FIND A FEW POSTS BY MY BOY XCELLPHONESALESREP AND THANK HIM. HE'S THE ONE WHO GOT US THIS FIX. i JUST PUT IT TOGETHER :)
    WILL BE A PART OF EACH BUILD GOING FORWARD :)
    50k people thanks for being so supportive more great builds to come keep flashing we will keep building... Thanks everyone

MIUI/ICS for the Photon
    GET READY TO BE HAPPY PEOPLE!!!

MMS FIX

FLASH THIS BABY AND ENJOY! NO MORE NEED FOR GOSMS!

BIG THANKS TO XCELLPHONESALESREP FOR THE INFO, AND THE MYSTERY DEV HE GOT IT FROM.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Thank you everyone! 300 Thanks :)

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

EVERYONE...PLEASE FIND A FEW POSTS BY MY BOY XCELLPHONESALESREP AND THANK HIM. HE'S THE ONE WHO GOT US THIS FIX. i JUST PUT IT TOGETHER :)
    WILL BE A PART OF EACH BUILD GOING FORWARD :)

Yeeeeeeeaaaa! and a big thanks to swiperrat (HTC Evo Miui Dev) for the assistance!!!

And a big thanks to Th3Bill for puttin it all together!