[HELP] - Bootloop when trying to load CWM Recovery

Search This thread

Sensation_NZ

May 3, 2012
Auckland
Hi

I am new to this forum, however have previously had Samsung devices and never had any issue with CWM. I have a X715b (obtained via Vodafone NZ) which i recently updated to the Stock VNZ ICS ROM. After getting bored with the stock ROM I decided to look at custom ROMs. I want to install Insanely Cool ROM so went about finding the required steps.

After finally finding an updated root tool which would work for the ICS stock ROM I have now rooted and unlocked the bootloader. Here is where I get stuck.

I have HBOOT 1.28.0003 and when I flash the CWM recovery it all seems to flash fine, however after reboot when I try to access recovery I either get stuck on a white HTC screen (CWM Recovery 5.8.3.1) or it seems to keep the screen lit after the HTC screen and then eventually turns off (CWM 5.0.2.7)

Is there another recovery image I can try or do I need to update the bootloader in some other way?

Device: Sensation XL (X715b)
HBOOT-1.28.0003
RADIO-3831.15.00.20_M
Dated: Mar 16 2012, 12:04:51

Any help most appreciated

Chris_Ord

Apr 27, 2011
Newcastle
Amon ra is a different recovery. First time I flashed my old desire it kept getting stuck in a bootloop so I flashed amon ra and then cwm over the top and that solved my problem then..
Worth a look I guess. Hope it helps.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

Reactions: AndroHero

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
Amon ra is a different recovery. First time I flashed my old desire it kept getting stuck in a bootloop so I flashed amon ra and then cwm over the top and that solved my problem then..

There is no Amon Ra for the SXL as far as i know.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

Chris_Ord

Apr 27, 2011
Newcastle
I wasn't sure. It was ages ago when I used it on my desire.
But as for as far as you know.. He can easily Google around and see if there is.
Any help is better than no help isn't it?

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
I wasn't sure. It was ages ago when I used it on my desire.
But as for as far as you know.. He can easily Google around and see if there is.
Any help is better than no help isn't it?

I wasnt trying to show contempt for your retort mate. I was just offering what information on the subject i knew. Just like you was. :)

Sensation_NZ

May 3, 2012
Auckland
Do you know how to use adb? Try using the "adb reboot recovery" command. If not you can always try reflashing recovery.

Thanks for the reply
Just tried it again (Flash and adb reboot via unix) and much like attempting the install from SD within the clockwork mod app it loads the HTC splash screen and then just appears to turn off but is frozen so I have to remove the battery to reboot it.

I also just tried flashing the chinese boot.img and then it won't boot at all so had to flash cool sense boot.img which then works fine.

I also found a development touch cwm v 5.8.0.9 and that just freezes

Last edited:

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
Thanks for the reply
Just tried it again (Flash and adb reboot via unix) and much like attempting the install from SD within the clockwork mod app it loads the HTC splash screen and then just appears to turn off but is frozen so I have to remove the battery to reboot it.

I also just tried flashing the chinese boot.img and then it won't boot at all so had to flash cool sense boot.img which then works fine.

are you using the CWM from rom manager?? don't use that, use the modded one by paul o'brien here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1362648

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

are you using the CWM from rom manager?? don't use that, use the modded one by paul o'brien here

If all else fails, flash a stock ruu, that will restore stock recovery, then try flashing a custom one again.

Reactions: Sensation_NZ

Sensation_NZ

May 3, 2012
Auckland
Thanks again, will try flashing a stock ROM. I have tried both (ROM Manager and via Fastboot) and neither has worked.

Will let you know how I go

Sensation_NZ

May 3, 2012
Auckland
Unfortunately I have not been able to find a ruu stock Rom for cid vodap022 and modifying the cid in another rom fails at signature check.does anyone know where I can find a Rom for voda nz?

Sensation_NZ

May 3, 2012
Auckland
Well its been quite a night of it, I found that it was HBOOT causing the issue with CWM and managed to find a chinese site which had a recovery image for 1.28+

I now am able to load CWM and can flash the Chinese ROM, however when I try to flash the ROMs I am actually interested in (Insanely Cool Sense & Total Senseless) I receive the following error

Error in /sdcard/<ROM NAME>.zip
(Status 1)
Installation Aborted

Can anybody shed any light? I have checked the md5 of both zip files and both appear to be ok

Regards

Well its been quite a night of it, I found that it was HBOOT causing the issue with CWM and managed to find a chinese site which had a recovery image for 1.28+

I now am able to load CWM and can flash the Chinese ROM, however when I try to flash the ROMs I am actually interested in (Insanely Cool Sense & Total Senseless) I receive the following error

Error in /sdcard/<ROM NAME>.zip
(Status 1)
Installation Aborted

Can anybody shed any light? I have checked the md5 of both zip files and both appear to be ok

Regards

I have the same problem so i went to anzhi
i found this recovery 5.8.3.1 Touch

bbs.anzhi.com/thread-5117313-1-1.html

and i can flash it but when i try to flash the ROM (Insanely Cool Sense)
i got the same error message like you

so i went to anzhi again
i found this post

bbs.anzhi.com/thread-5182616-1-2.html

it's about s-off your SXL
then use fastboot flash RUU to degrade it to HBOOT 1.25
but after doing this, you have to change

system\etc\vold.fstab (open with text file)
(the last line)
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 33 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host

change to

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 34 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host

sorry for my bad english :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for the reply

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

If all else fails, flash a stock ruu, that will restore stock recovery, then try flashing a custom one again.