AOSP Browser - Google pages result in error

Search This thread

Valiante

Jul 7, 2013
Hello everyone,
A real pain this browser is.

I'm running LiquidSmooth 4.4.4 but I don't think that's causing the problem - no one else is experiencing this issue.

Problem: Every time I try to use Google to search it gives me a popup message saying various things. Sometimes it says "connection problem empty response" or "connection problem ssl protocol error". I can navigate to any other site, including YouTube or Facebook, I just can't search with Google or visit the Google homepage.

Things I've tried: Wiped everything, clean installation, used PA GAPPS (June 29). Cleared data for the browser as well.

Things to note: Using any other browser I'm able to visit Google pages no problem (Chrome, UC Browser, etc.)

Help please!

SCFirefighter

Oct 14, 2012
Hello everyone,

I'm running LiquidSmooth 4.4.4 but I don't think that's causing the problem - no one else is experiencing this issue.

Problem: Every time I try to use Google to search it gives me a popup message saying various things. Sometimes it says "connection problem empty response" or "connection problem ssl protocol error". I can navigate to any other site, including YouTube or Facebook, I just can't search with Google or visit the Google homepage.

Things I've tried: Wiped everything, clean installation, used PA GAPPS (June 29). Cleared data for the browser as well.

Things to note: Using any other browser I'm able to visit Google pages no problem (Chrome, UC Browser, etc.)

I'm experiencing the same problem on my Verizon RazrHD (xt926) running the new CM11 nightlies (starting 7/1/14) and gapps 06/06.
I can't setup my Google Apps account because of this SSL problem.

It can be easy replicated: just use the AOSP browser to browse to https://www.google.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/
They will fail. Other non-Google https sites (like my bank) work fine.

I've been researching this issue for days. What's the cause here? My is set properly on my device. (common cause for ssl problems).

bobzrag

Dec 27, 2010
more info with logcat file

I am having a similar issue, "Connection problem" / "net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

I had been dirty cm11 (4.4.4 and previous) dirty nightly's for some time and decided to do a clean install with the 7/12 nightly.

I am running d2lte (have a d2vzw).

Hope this helps resolve the issue!

--------------------------

Hello everyone,

Help please!

Attachments

• logcat.rar
    45.5 KB · Views: 8

SCFirefighter

Oct 14, 2012
The problem with accessing the secure Google sites went away for me. I don't know if it's the reinstall I did for my CM, the latest nightly, or if Google fixed something on their end. I will attempt to re-enable two factor Auth. Hopefully the problem is gone.

ETA: I was able to re-enable two-step authentication.

Last edited: