[Q] HTC One with ViperOne 6.2.1 wont boot

Search This thread

ravin007

Aug 11, 2012
Melbourne
Hi Guys,

I'm a relative newbie to custom roms, I've got viperone 6.2.1 running on my HTC One M7, within the last half hr, the screen is completely off and even when i plug the charger in the red led up on the top doesnt light up, it was working fine this morning too and was fully charged. i tried holding PWR & VOL Down button but no luck . Any Ideas how i can reboot the phone?

update #1

when i plug the phone into the laptop it tries to install QHUSB_DLOAD drivers and it doesnt install them properly. so i have this listed with an exclamation mark in device manager.

Last edited:

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb
Hi Guys,

I'm a relative newbie to custom roms, I've got viperone 6.2.1 running on my HTC One M7, within the last half hr, the screen is completely off and even when i plug the charger in the red led up on the top doesnt light up, it was working fine this morning too and was fully charged. i tried holding PWR & VOL Down button but no luck . Any Ideas how i can reboot the phone?

update #1

when i plug the phone into the laptop it tries to install QHUSB_DLOAD drivers and it doesnt install them properly. so i have this listed with an exclamation mark in device manager.
QHUSB_DLOAD usually means dead motherboard, but there were cases of phones recuperating from it. Try leaving it ocharger for two or three days and then try to boot it up

ravin007

Aug 11, 2012
Melbourne
QHUSB_DLOAD usually means dead motherboard, but there were cases of phones recuperating from it. Try leaving it ocharger for two or three days and then try to boot it up

so i should leave it on charge for a few days? realistically i should shop around for a new phone then since the back cover on this is aluminium and i'm not sure if it can be removed to change the MB?

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb
so i should leave it on charge for a few days? realistically i should shop around for a new phone then since the back cover on this is aluminium and i'm not sure if it can be removed to change the MB?
Yes. After you unplug it, plug it into your PC to see if it still shows QHUSB_DLOAD or it will reckognize it. If it shows the same it's gone. Service center can dissasemble the phone and change your motherboard for free if you have your warranty, but that's kinda fraud, because your phone is rooted which voids warranty and they can't see you rooted it because motherboard is fried