Want ICS? Want CM9? Want Ubuntu? Get Involved!

Search This thread

Skittleskitty

Sep 13, 2012
Ics stablised

So I got cm9 completely stabilized the mic everything is workng except flash, youtube, netflix and hulu but im assuming thats all due to flash settings not working I looked through all the forums and this is the only thread anyone is working on this with and since i cant post in development yet i wanted to help. I stabilized it by using both cm9 acclime and nexus fire v3.1 roms after upgrading from a stock nook you format and clear the cash with cwm than install cm9 aclime full of bugs first than install the nexus fire v3.1 on top of it (that fixes google frame work error and mic issue) and no more errors or anything just flash isnt working and I have a few more things to try to get it working but help would be appreciated.

So I got cm9 completely stabilized the mic everything is workng except flash, youtube, netflix and hulu but im assuming thats all due to flash settings not working I looked through all the forums and this is the only thread anyone is working on this with and since i cant post in development yet i wanted to help. I stabilized it by using both cm9 acclime and nexus fire v3.1 roms after upgrading from a stock nook you format and clear the cash with cwm than install cm9 aclime full of bugs first than install the nexus fire v3.1 on top of it (that fixes google frame work error and mic issue) and no more errors or anything just flash isnt working and I have a few more things to try to get it working but help would be appreciated.

Post that build in the room if you do not have a repo on git. What do you need help with?

liquidzoo

Mar 17, 2010
Florence, AZ

Which version of CM9 did you install first? I've seen a couple in the dev forum, and I'm curious to try this out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mission Accomplished in just 28 hours!

I am asking for donations to buy Elite Recognized Developer Rebellos a Nook Tablet so we can get Android Ice Cream Sandwich(ICS), CyanogenMod 9(CM9) and Ubuntu running properly on the Nook Tablet.

Fundraiser Link

Current Amount collected of $272 + Shipping to Poland
    $5 - DarkDvr
    $5 - Eagle Wraps
    $10 - DarkDvr
    $20 - ratickle
    $10 - Know-Fear
    $5 - frankd59
    $5 - Alan
    $10 - captican
    $25 - blackknightavalon
    $5 - mmaranda
    $5 - fyrmd
    $10 - skvanburen
    $10 - soshite
    $10 - trish
    $20 - p_a_tanner
    $20 - heissman
    $10 - dcgrove
    $5 - gbolson
    $10 - sailerph
    $15 - Valkyrie Art
    $10 three24
    $20 timpilcher
    $10 R Ross
    $5 S Cagigas
    $10 J Gonzalez
    $2 - AdamOutler
    --------------------
    DONE $272 --Total

Shipping to poland
    $5 P Yeung
    $5 魏, 辰
    $20 L Rolland
    $20 L Stewart
    $2.70 AdamOutler
    -----------------
    $52.70
    Done

If you wish to have a different name displayed, just mention it and I will correct it.

My motivation
    I wish to accelerate development and rebellos has expressed interest. The best way to do this is to get a device into the hands of a well-qualified developer who can work at the binary level (not code, binary)... we need to call in "the big guns".

Development
    In order to advance our devices to be able to run ICS, CM9, or Ubuntu properly (not just alpha or beta) we need to complete work on the Android 3.0 kernel. The kernel is being developed here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1480586

The technical details
    Our devices are advertised as "Dual-Core", however that's not entirely true. They're actually Quad-Core. Of course there's Dual Cortex A9's but there is a subsystem in the OMAP4430 processor called the "Dual M3 Subsystem", also known as "Ducati_M3", or just Ducati.

The Ducati Subsystem is basically a video processor. It handles acceleration of video, allowing you to watch 1080i video in a browser and speeds up rendering of other on-screen items. It's basically a video card.

The software which runs Ducati is a totally separate Real-Time-Operating-System.. An RTOS, kinda like a bootloader. After the device boots up, the kernel feeds software into the Dual M3 Subsystem. This initialises the Ducati and it simply accelerates video as requested by the system.

The problem which requires a solution
    Athough the Nook Tablet's OMAP4430 has more documentation available than any other current processor; and theoretically it should be easy to port anything to it.... Our device was designed in a non-standard way. Our devices are wired in a way that uses a timer in a way that was not intended.

The Solution
    We need an expert with ARM Assembly language to:
    • Separate the Ducati firmware into individual files
    • decompile the separated Ducati firmware into raw bits and bytes
    • modify the individual instructions in Ducati's Real Time Operating System
    • recompile the Ducati firmware into usable form.

Why Rebellos?
    I've worked with ERD rebellos in the past and I know for a fact that he knows ARM assembly inside and out. On top of that his day-job is to actually WRITE Real-Time Operating Systems.

Rebellos' related list of qualifications:

Conclusion
    With all of this in mind, I see a totally clear path to getting ICS/CyanogenMod 9/Ubuntu running on the Nook Tablet... Get Rebellos a device to enable him to work on the Video Acceleration.

If you can't develop, this is your chance to contribute to development and to get the same device which you own into a truly skilled developer's hands. If you can develop, contributing to this cause will build the foundation which your development is based upon.

Click this link to help this Development Fundraiser 100% of your contributions will go toward a Nook Tablet.
    Fundraiser Link
    Hey!
    Sorry it seems like I'm not really engaged into that, and you have to wait so much for the results. I'm just still slowly getting into OMAP arch. I can't say any deadline but I think I will start active commitment in next 2 weeks.
    Please stop. I know I still haven't released anything and sorry, but yes - I'm working as much as I can. Spent last few nights on it and I hope I can post few nice things soon. I must admit it abit overwhelmed me, but that doesn't mean I've been doing nothing.
    I AM THE MODERATOR HERE, PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHAT I SAY
    I JUST DELETED OVER 40 POSTS OF ABSOLUTE DRIVEL/WHINING/TROLLING/FLAMING/IDIOCY
    IF I HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN I WILL HAND OUT LOTS OF INFRACTIONS
    THIS IS YOUR ONLY AND FINAL WARNING

@donations:
    Thanks, but there is not really such need - Actually I don't think that getting donations for something I haven't done yet is right, so if you want to donate - please do it when I finally develop something for NT. :p
    There is no apology required. We all greatly appreciate yours and all the other developers commitment to bring us a cm9 rom. You all are doing this on your personal time without being compensated other than whatever donations are given. To me that is more than most people would ever consider doing. So again thank you and good luck.
    good attitudes ^^^
    I'm sorry but you are wrong. It is not against forum policy nor it is insulting. Since when is question insulting? No question is stupid or wrong. Only Official Cyanogen mod has "NO ETAS" rule.

In Nook threads Developers demands only to not clutter devs threads.
    This is not dev thread, thus is perfectly fine to ask questions here
    It is wrong to ask for ETAs when none were given or promised. Here's a rule for YOU, from ME - don't do it, it's childish and annoying. It's been a couple months since rebellos got the NT, and the level of dev this takes is beyond your comprehension, clearly.
    I disagree. This isn't a development thread so were not exactly cluttering anything. I'd also say "pages" is a bit of an exaggeration.
    It is not an exaggeration, it was PAGES, and 100% clutter BS.
    Please stop. I know I still haven't released anything and sorry, but yes - I'm working as much as I can. Spent last few nights on it and I hope I can post few nice things soon. I must admit it abit overwhelmed me, but that doesn't mean I've been doing nothing.
    ^THAT^ IS AN ELITE RECOGNIZED DEV AND NONE OF YOU WILL HARRASS HIM! HE SAID HE IS WORKING, HE ALSO SAID HE HAS A REAL LIFE, END OF GAME
    For those of us who did contribute at the beginning, we have been checking various forums (or checking on the posts of individual members). The sense of community that was there at the start, the way we rallied to come up with the money, has given way to a sense of futility (and, possibly, frustration) that is evident in some of the recent posts.

I think we all want this venture to be successful, since most of us still have our NTs, but it is difficult not to wonder whether we should have held on to our money.

We may not have had a contract with Rebellos but, if one reads the OP, the purpose of the collection was to dedicate a machine for some to work on the Ducati.
    Just because there is not a finished product does NOT mean work isn't being done. To assume so is ludicrous. Those who donated did NOT purchase an item, with a warranty, NOR was said doantion given to a project that had a deadline. Sometimes development simply stops, that doesn't mean your donations were in vain. If a dev, at any level, takes on a new project and works on it for months, especially at or below kernel code, that dev has learned a GREAT deal and will translate that into further projects. Again, donation does not equal a guarantee.
    Hey!
    Sorry it seems like I'm not really engaged into that, and you have to wait so much for the results. I'm just still slowly getting into OMAP arch. I can't say any deadline but I think I will start active commitment in next 2 weeks.
    Take your time, and I hope you ENJOY cracking binary code. FYI, if you ever see ANYTHING like the drivel that's been thrown at you here PLEASE send me a PM and I will deal with it swiftly.
    It is funny that rules are for interpretation to fit ones own needs.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium
    Actually, I get to interpret the rules, and hopefully now EVERYBODY in here understands...

do NOT ask for ETAs
    do NOT harrass devs (especially ELITE ones)
    do NOT get into flame wars
    do NOT argue like babies

now please go re-read the big bold red text up there ^^^

thanks
    Hey there!
    Thanks everyone for such incredibly fast feedback on Adam post. I'll do my best to help improve that device. NT has got awesome dev potential cause of relative big openess and awesome tech spec. Got some ideas for mods already. But for now Ducati is the priority.

It's easy in Poland to get USA->EUR plug adapter so charger won't be a problem.