[Q] Notifications missing after rooting/unlocking/etc.

Search This thread

Mellowmarrow

Feb 18, 2014
I followed this guide. I:
- backed up my stuff
- unlocked the bootloader
- rooted the device
- put on Cyanogen Mod 11
- restored my stuff

Since then, a number of applications aren't giving me notifications, such as OkCupid, Plenty of Fish, and Gmail.
Other applications are working, like Draw Something, Snapchat, and the built-in SMS app.

I've ensured settings within the apps say to notify me. I've tried uninstalling, force stopping, cache clearing, and reinstalling the apps.
Also, using "Light Flow" for notifications (both before and after rooting/unlocking). Ensured settings are enabled on there.

Nexus 4
Android 4.4.2
CyanogenMod 11.0-InstallerXNPQ02R

Mellowmarrow

Feb 18, 2014
again flash stock firmware & than install other rom...sometimes restoring application+data cause problem..

Two things:

1) I can get CyanogenMod from their website. Is there a recommended place to get the stock ROM from?

2) After doing what you mentioned, do you recommend building everything from scratch? (Instead of backup/restore)

abir099

Feb 23, 2012
Chittagong
1) stock firmware & how to flash see here
http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/general/how-to-how-to-flash-factory-image-t2010312

2) yap i recommend build from scratch instead of restore..

3)you also can try other CM based rom other than official cm rom, so that u can compare where is the problem...

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

Two things:

1) I can get CyanogenMod from their website. Is there a recommended place to get the stock ROM from?

2) After doing what you mentioned, do you recommend building everything from scratch? (Instead of backup/restore)
1) stock firmware & how to flash see here
http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/general/how-to-how-to-flash-factory-image-t2010312

2) yap i recommend build from scratch instead of restore..

3)you also can try other CM based rom other than official cm rom, so that u can compare where is the problem...