Slow Torrents

Search This thread

sherry_94

Feb 8, 2013
Bangalore
I ve a Xperia L and a Tipo.....i keep my tipo only for torrenting....i ve a 1 mbit broadband.....which throttles down to 512 after 6 gb.....any torrent any try gives pathentic speeds(20-25 kBps) in tipo while they work super fast in XL.....i tried changing ports...every setting is same as XL....i use tTorrent.....all my torrents ve 250+ seeders

XL is my primary phone and i dont want it to download 24x7.....its quite a hit on battery.....can someone help ????

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Let me explain how torrents work buddy...

It's basically like downloading a book...what you are downloading are "pages" of the books ( called parts ) now torrent's speed is based on how many people ( peers ) are downloading the same thing you're downloading in the whole world. So if you are the only one downloading it you will get a speed of 0.0Kb/s which is no speed at all

Of course having a good Internet Connection increases the speed too

While downloading torrents via Mobile is highly discouraged you could try underclocking it to 500Mhz when downloading

Last edited:

Phalangioides

Dec 9, 2013

It's basically like downloading a book...what you are downloading are "pages" of the books ( called parts ) now torrent's speed is based on how many people ( peers ) are downloading the same thing you're downloading in the whole world. So if you are the only one downloading it you will get a speed of 0.0Kb/s which is no speed at all

I think he knows it - his problem is that his tipo downloads torrents slower than his L

Reactions: sherry_94

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think he knows it - his problem is that his tipo downloads torrents slower than his L