WM6.1 080408 Final For Excalibur WWE with English - By Kavana

Search This thread

jhwo99

May 8, 2006
For flash your rom, the best tool is Excalibur USPL- CID BYPASS from Jockyw2001.
Unlock first your telephone with SDA_ApplicationUnlock.

When you have run the Excalibur USPL- CID BYPASS (run uspl), it turn white.

When you have the error after flashing your rom disconnect the phone from your PC while it is white en reconnect it again.
Then run the ROMUpdateUtility again.

This will work.

Attachments

• SDA_ApplicationUnlock.zip
    96 KB · Views: 217

rickwyatt

Feb 7, 2007
london
Hello everyone!

I´ve flashed Kavana´s last ROM version this afternoon and restored a backup that I had made with Sprite Backup just moments before, i´ve got all my apps and settings back but...

... now when i go to "Start > Settings > Home Screen" I get all the items twice expect "Time out", like this:

Home Screen Layout:
[options box]
( )Show Recent Programs

Color Scheme:
[options box]

Background image:
[options box]

Home Screen Layout:
[options box]
( )Show Recent Programs

Color Scheme:
[options box]

Background image:
[options box]

Time out:
[options box]

Does anybody has the same problem or knows how to fix this? Or knows where I can look in the registry to make it right?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers.

go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\SettingApp\home.cpl.xml\Add\Top\
and delete all key that are in there

SebasC

Nov 16, 2007
Cokato, MN
n/m I got it lol. For those of you who have T-mobile, and performed this rom update... here are the instructions to get your internet working again, over gprs.

1. On the handset, press Start.
2. Scroll to and select Settings. Note: you may need to press More to see the Settings icon.
3. Scroll to and select Connections.
4. Scroll to and select GPRS.
5. Press Menu and select Add.
6. In the Description field, enter T-Mo WEB
7. Scroll to Connects to and scroll horizontally to The Internet.
8. Scroll to Access point and enter internet2.voicestream.com
9. Scroll to User name and enter
10. Scroll to Password and enter
11. Press Done twice.
12. Press Menu and select Advanced.
13. Scroll to Internet connection and scroll horizontally to T-Mo WEB
14. Press Done.
15. Press the end call button.
16. Press Start.
17. Scroll to and select Internet Explorer.
18. Press Menu and select Options.
19. Scroll to and select Connections.
20. Remove the tick from Automatically detect settings.
21. Scroll to Select network: and scroll horizontally to The Internet.
22. Press Done.
23. Press the end call button to return to the main screen.

The settings have been applied and are ready for use.

OR! You can go to accessories and just run the connection wizard and save yourself a lot of trouble

Rip Syntaxx

Apr 8, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Yeah I know i just tried it because jhwo said it might work.
I figured it wouldn't but i tried it anyway.

The RUU_Excalibur_WM61_Kavana_080408_WWE.exe automatically puts in USPL and JUMPSPL in I don't need to do that myself.

Anyway.....

More info that may help us figure this out...

-The phone is sim unlocked
-It has T-Mobile Software verison 1.22.531.4 (The first version of WM6 released)

Well, I think that's your problem. You're using the T-Mobile ROM. Try flashing to the HTC Brightpoint 1.33 ROM first. Then--upgrade to 6.1. I had the same problem until I did it that way.

Profezza

Mar 15, 2008
I STAND CORRECTED!!! The message for me to click the link to go to MyAlbums was in my SMS message folder. A second later the picture message came into my MMS folder just fine. So basically...just make sure you have configured your connections settings according to the T-Mobile Wireless Configurations page. It can be found in Profezza's signature.

I spent a few hours and almost 45 free MMSs with two Tmo smartphone techs about 2 weeks ago. Learned some interesting stuff...

After setting it up like the carrier says, you do not need to call them. You just need to soft-reset (reboot) the phone. Whether you do this on the phone with them or not, it does not really "re-insert" you in any db. Your phone just has a good chance of catching another tower which will request a fresh update of your mms configs, or even forcing your updated settings onto the existing one, if you catch the same one. Evidently, the cell towers, according to one of the techs, keep "cookies" which expire at some interval, but rebooting, and thus renegotiating the connection almost always cause it to want a fresh one.

If you see no improvement; double, triple check all your settings against their recommendations, and then walk across the street and try again.

You can also, after setting it all up as per the Tmo guide in my sig, go into the registry and change the sending size to 300k. Acording to Tmo WM support, the network is supposed to send and receive files up to 1MB, but most of the phones are manufacturer-hardwired to choke on anything larger than 300k in or out. That's the pat answer for all Tmo US phones, smart or otherwise. Our test transfers of various sizes seemed to indicate this was correct for the dash. Of course, reboot for promptest effect.

Actually, I would love to see the 300k limit added to the K/R ROM, btw, since Tmo US is the carrier of a large number of of the xda-dev rowd. One less thing to remember after flashing.

I suspect this is "manufacturer-hardwired" is actually a coded-limit in the relatively out-of-date embedded ArcSoft MMS client, but I don't know of any leaks of their newer software, the new features, or how to install over the existing. If anyone else has that data, like from newer/fancier phone, I hitnk a lot of us would love a richer MMS engine ...and a little PicturePerfect, too. ;)

Mikey

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Wheaton, Il
Google Pixel Fold
eT9.Excalibur.0409.kmap

For Us Keyboards Try This::
Symbols should be fixed after you install this in your \Windows folder.
Soft restart. (wont hurt)

Attachments

• eT9.Excalibur.0409.kmap.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 249

wperdomos

Feb 6, 2007
Really the WM6.1 is excellent. But I had really serious problems in my HTC s 621, the troubles are that instead of @ (which is over J on my keyboard appears the pound sign), and instead of ñ (which is over K on my keyboard appears $). I tried to correct it with eT9 app, but it was impossible for me.
If someone knows how to fix it please help me, because I really want to keep this version of WM.:confused:
Thanks in advance

Ok I ve Fixed all Map Issues on Spanish Keyboard Layout With an aditional remap.

Enclosed on Zip are 3 Files:
eT9.Excalibur.040A.kmap.txt
Should be copy to your eT9 directory ( Usually \Program files\eT9\ )

Spanish keyb et9.reg
Should be run on your device it add a new remap for SP keyb (040A)

SP default wm6 sp.reg
Run from Device too It Make Spanish your Default eT9

Remaped: k=ñ, n=&, L==, j=@, rest of keys.

Maybe someone can make this an instalable .cab

Still Looking for a Shift key Fix for Capitals

Enjoy

Last edited:

JamiroCB

Apr 30, 2008
Uruapan Mich
www.relajeros.com
To setup GPRS and MMS ,plz execute HTC Connection Setup in StartMenu\Accessories\Connection Setup
Download link:http://movie.99msn.net/kavana/RUU_Ex...080408_WWE.exe
Mirror link:uploading

I upload the archive in a mirror (megaupload)...

The link is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T1DLT0NV

Thanks for the WM6.1 Kavana

(Alguien me puede decir como instalarlo correctamente en mi HTC? Solo hice el favor de subirlo a megaupload, pero no se lo instale a mi htc debido a que no entiendo bien el ingles y luego la regaba... Si me pueden ayudar xfas diciendome como instalarlo... mi msn es: jamirocb@hotmail.com Gracias y saludos)

Sorry by my english

LiverpoolFCfan

Dec 8, 2006
Dublin
okay so i installed this windows 6.1 thing on my dash, and i didnt like the text input and how it was just like a standard cell phone, so i went to go and put the regular t-mobile windows mobile 6 back on the phone and BAM! it doesnt connect to my computer.

i have tried nothing because i am a total noob and i dont know what to do, this stuff is confusing and i know im stupid for even trying it, but please i need my regular operating system back!!!!!

how do i connect it again?!!?!?!

it doesnt read it through my usb anymore!

I had a similar issue, and fixed it by going into Activesync and deleting the old reference to the device from Activesync.

Go to File->Mobile Device ... and select the device (if you have more than one), then go to File->Delete Mobile Device

Reconnect your device.

If that does not work, on the device, go into Start->Settings->Connections->USB to PC and uncheck the option "Enable advanced network functionality" then reconnect your device again.

If that fails, come back and ask again. Maybe someone else will have some other ideas.

how can i get the micro sd card reader thing to work?
cause i put my card in and nothing shows up in the file explorers...
:/

On the phone, microSD cards show up under "Storage Card" in the file explorer. In windows, you open the phone by right clicking the ActiveSync icon in the system tray and chosing "Explore." The double-click on "My Windows Mobile-Based Device" and you should see the "Storage Card" folder there.

I hope that answers your question.

joker_21cute

Feb 7, 2008
I need help!!!!

i install the new ROM update WM6.1, everything is running smoothly on my dopod c720w, but when i try to send text message, the keypad doesnt follow the querty keyboard, how to change it i dont know i only want the querty keypad to function help me please!!

all steamed out

Mar 21, 2008
Calendar Appts. not displaying when using certain themes with Kavanna 6.1

Hi to all,

I have noticed that there is a display issue with many of the themes when using the Kavanna 6.1 ROM.

When entering the "Today" screen and navigating up and down to view the summary title of each appt, most themes produce a plain white box unless you are on that particular appointment.

This does not occur with the default green theme or the Red or Lake themes. Just about all the others do this. Including some of my favourites.

This is not an issue with past appointments which display in grey font rather than black. They appear normally.

I suspect this is probably a fairly easy fix by editing the xml file of the theme. But I'm a little lost as to how to do it without messing things up.

I have attached screens with examples of navigating up and down. You can see how they disappear when you are not overtop. The last screen is of a date in the past where the grey font displays properly

Anybody got an idea how to do this?

(Incidentally, the theme shown in the screens is not the default Windows green but the "Green Abstract 2" - a download from the Windows Mobile website - my current favourite)

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 126
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen03.jpg
    Screen03.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Screen04.jpg
    Screen04.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Screen05.jpg
    Screen05.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

oberkassel

Jun 3, 2008
Changing Keyboard Input

Thanks for your previous help. I nned one last help I cannot find. How do I change the Dash's keyboard input to t9.... it is coming up as abc. Thanks
ober

PS: For future reference, I found these are the steps for successful upgrade of Dash - Thanks

1)Upload SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab & SurrealNetworksAppUnlock.cab to the phone.
2)Run SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab
3)Reboot
4)Run SurrealNetworksAppUnlock.cab
5)Reboot
6)Run RUU_Excalibur_WM61_Kavana_080408_WWE.exe from your computer and follow the steps.
7)After it updates the phone will reboot 2 or 3 times and that should be it... Windows Mobile 6.1

atmonline

May 17, 2008
bug in the latest rom by kavana 6.1

if i press contacts it does not show contacts window (actually nothing happen) :mad:. so i forced to reboot everytime this happen.. is there any fix for it..
any one experienced this behavior?

please help. :)

pudgedaddy

Retired Moderator
Nov 6, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
Thread Went On A Diet

Wheeeew! OK, this thread has finally been condensed into 8 pages. Hopefully all of these redundant questions will be able to be answered better, since theres not too many pages to look through now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WWE 6.1 with English only release

This version includes English, with eT9 Input method, MS/Cyberon Voice Command and finally, Segoe Font. Not only does this version look official but is also very fast and stable. :D

Perform this prior to installing ROM:
    Error 270 Fix

MediaFire Download Link: Windows Mobile 6.1 Final - By Kavana

4shared Download Link: Windows Mobile 6.1 Final - By Kavana

File: RUU_Excalibur_WM61_Kavana_080408_WWE.exe
    Size: 47127307 bytes
    Modified: 2008/4/7, 21:28:34
    MD5: 81E9C80DD46A334CA0F75AF00CC15B41
    SHA1: 80655BEC19B24F72E34568176872C49135CE57AE
    CRC32: 11F4C230

Built with ROM Update Wizard - You don't need to know how to unlock your Excalibur as everything will be done by the wizard automatically.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Excalibur WM6.1 ROM by Kavana - Based on Brightpoint 1.33

Language: English

Works on T-Mobile Dash, HTC S620 & S621

Setup Instructions:

Run RUU_Excalibur_WM61_Kavana_080408_WWE.exe

Reboot you device

After Reboot - Choose Voice Command

MS Voice Command will be the default voice command, so if you press cancel, it will be defaulted to MS Voice Command. However, If you do choose Cyberon Voice Command, you need to reboot.(Difference between these two kinds of voice command is that Cyberon voice uses voice-tags that you record, whereas ms voice command doesn't need you to record voice tags(but spoken language only support English)

After this, install the following has the keyboard has mapping problems:

eT9 with 14 languages suppport addon(spanish, french, german and italian)

Download Link: eT9 Full

(because eT9 has lots of keymapping problems so the 080330 version changed input method back to xT9,for someone who want to add spanish, french, german and italian)

-----------------------------------

The following is built into this ROM:

0.Unread Message Alert( Reminds you every 15 Minutes - You can disable it in the sound settings, if you'd like)
    1.WindowsLive
    2.Office6.1+OneNoteMobile
    3.Jbed Java VM (support full screen game)
    4.Resco Explorer 6.17
    5.Dot Net Compact Framework 3.5
    6.OMAPClock(Overclock and also keeps chosen frequency after reboot)
    7.dbExplorer 2005(it can modify vol database)
    8.HTC Flash
    9.Orneta Calc
    10.Bluetooth FTP
    11.LowLight (Touch JOGGER 3 times in 10 seconds will open Lowlight.Attention,this will maybe make your backlight always on if you don't close it.)
    12.CeleTask Special Version
    13.WM5torage 1.8
    14.Clock On Top (12 or 24 hour style,change is in bottom of clock settings)
    15.BaseHue Express
    16.SMSDeliveryNotify Fix
    17.PDF Reader(Original name is FoxitReader)
    18.Real Media Decoder
    19.MS Voice Command
    20.Orneta Notepad
    21.AlReader2
    22.Oxios Alarms(put it in the clock&alarm settings,called all alarms)
    23.xT9 with 10 kinds of languages support
    HTC Connection Setup(can setup your network for Operators all over the world)

Key Shortcuts:

Double touch bottom JOGGR button to Free Memory
    Long press IE will run Connection Manager
    Long press #, Changes profile to Meeting
    Long press Home, Run Ms Voice Command
    Short Press IE, Run Celetask

Modify Shortcuts:

You can change the settings in here for desired action

You can Modify shortcut short_Camera.lnk, short_IE.lnk and short_MSG.lnk in Windows folder to change the Camera button,IE button,Message Button Mapping to the desired shortcut.

Connection Setup:

To setup GPRS and MMS ,plz execute HTC Connection Setup in StartMenu\Accessories\Connection Setup

--------------------------------------------------------------------

ROM Changes

What's new in 080408 final
    :

Update to new real WM6.1 MS Bluetooth stack
    remove IrDA menu in Active Sync

What's new in 080318:

add 12 hour clockontop,and it'll be default
    add spanish, french(AZERTY Layout), german(QWERTZ Layout) and italian support for et9
    add options to choose voice command(Microsoft or Cyberon).
    Dash keyboard map will be the default map of eT9.
    Unread Message Alert will be disabled as default.
    Jogger Bar run lowlight will be disabled as default.
    Only PrimarySplash and OS part in nbh file
    ROM Update Wizard Updated
    Fixd 'z' in contact searching
    ZeRo "0" Issue Has Now Been Fixed,SYM button has been fixed

What's new in 080330:

add Orneta Notepad Endlish version
    change eT9 back to xT9(because eT9 has lots of keymapping problems,for someone who want to add spanish, french, german and italian)
    Fix Cancle->Cancel button translate in CeleCmd
    Fix ModelName shows in Vista from DopodC720W to HTC-S620
    Add Radio(ver 03.07.90) part to nbh ROM file

What's new in 080314:

fix google link in IE Favorites to WWE
    fix JOGGER ext settings
    fix Calender default view style
    change Java VM to jbed from HTC kaiser,and it has been patched to support Smartphone.

What's new in 080312:

Update to new kernel
    Full English version
    Fix Internet Sharing

What's new in 080308:

fix some lable translation in the JOGGER settings in English
    fix the SlidingPanel Setting shortcut.
    fix the items order in QuickApp
    remove sms bubbles (cause wm6.1 is threading message,and smsbubbles dosen't support muti-langusge)
    remove GPRS Monitor (all of the Efficasoft GPRS Monitor(also PPC version) can't work fine in WM 6.1 cause it will lost all data after every reboot)
    add english interface to the PDF Reader(real name is FoxitReader, much better than Adobe Reader LE)
    add settings to Clock setting to close the ClockOnTop
    Update the OMAPClock ,now it can keep the frequency you set,i set the clock to 264MHz,very fast,also stable,
    include HTC AudioManager

Capture.jpg
    about locking software

ok this windows dose not have auto lock but for everything is an answer ...i had the same problem and i found a software its called 'Automatic keylock' i thin i have it from this site .. search for it! or leave a replay and i will give it to you thru fileshare! have a nice day