[ROM][ICS][v1.1.0 - 6/11/12] Oxygen ROM 3.0.0 (Android 4.0.4)

Search This thread

popdog123

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
There are a lot of issues with the telephony implementation in the rom. So next version will be released when airplane mode, network search and mobile data work.
About the battery drain i've run betterbatterystats and noticed that the phone is draining battery because it doesn't know what network technology it's using (so again, telephony issues) and this should also be fixed in the next release.

As i've said before this is an early early release. I just wanted to share it with you because you earned it :)

Thank you all for your feedback! Keep it coming!

krishnandu.sarkar

Feb 24, 2011
Kolkata
www.krishnandusarkar.com
Thanks for the feedback popdog123 :)

We are not complaining or demanding anything. We know this is early build and may have lots of bugs. So just trying to help in your development.

At some stages we may be wrong. Please co-operate with us too :p

BTW Sygic is not working. I have captured alogcat, but not getting option for USB Storage Mount when I plug in USB Cable. So couldn't upload :(

Blutooth file transfer is not working too. May be I'll try pairing again ;)

Also I have a feature request. I know Oxygen will be as it is. But still if you feel comfortable...

On Messaging, on attach menu there is no way to attach contact numbers. So it gets really tough if we want to SMS someone contact number of a person. We need to go to Contact and memorize the number then type it on SMS. Can you please look into it? This is the same case with GB also.

Whatever your decision is, I'll anyways be happy with oxygen.

Last edited:

vj_dustin

Dec 7, 2010
uktopgear.blogspot.com
There are a lot of issues with the telephony implementation in the rom. So next version will be released when airplane mode, network search and mobile data work.
About the battery drain i've run betterbatterystats and noticed that the phone is draining battery because it doesn't know what network technology it's using (so again, telephony issues) and this should also be fixed in the next release.

As i've said before this is an early early release. I just wanted to share it with you because you earned it :)

Thank you all for your feedback! Keep it coming!

thanks for this trailer.
Now we are sure the movie will be a 5 star.. :good:

Reactions: Marius Cristian

akashgupta222

Aug 27, 2011
Thanks for the feedback popdog123 :)

We are not complaining or demanding anything. We know this is early build and may have lots of bugs. So just trying to help in your development.

At some stages we may be wrong. Please co-operate with us too :p

BTW Sygic is not working. I have captured alogcat, but not getting option for USB Storage Mount when I plug in USB Cable. So couldn't upload :(

Blutooth file transfer is not working too. May be I'll try pairing again ;)

Also I have a feature request. I know Oxygen will be as it is. But still if you feel comfortable...

On Messaging, on attach menu there is no way to attach contact numbers. So it gets really tough if we want to SMS someone contact number of a person. We need to go to Contact and memorize the number then type it on SMS. Can you please look into it? This is the same case with GB also.

Whatever your decision is, I'll anyways be happy with oxygen.

I guess there are many apps for that
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.movinapp.contactos
This is just one of them
Also touchpal contacts has this feature built in, you can long press a number and there is an option to copy the number, and then you can paste it wherever you want

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

mrlamo

Sep 14, 2011
Chicago
I know this is not exactly amazing battery life, but it's plenty good enough for me.

Usage:
10-12 min of calls
30ish texts
30ish minutes of web
15 min of tapatalk
10 minutes of movies from sd on Mobo
320 min-652 max conservative

Also I always have data off unless I'm using it.

4b3bcf66-0a1a-0f32.jpg

Popdog, if this is an early early early early release WAY TO GO!!

Also link2sd had been working with this ROM flawlessly for about 24 hours...in fact none of the reported bugs have reared their ugly heads, I haven't had any bugs period yet, and as an added bonus my sd movies seem to play smoother with less overclock and thus less overheating related reboots (I don't really consider an overclocked leads to overheat to reboot a random reboot).

Swyped from my P509 on Tmobile.

With Swype and Flash, why would anyone choose the iPhone?

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Feb 24, 2011
Kolkata
www.krishnandusarkar.com
As popdog123 already identified better battery stats shows the phone awake for 100% and No data connection, No or Unknown Signal 100% which is the main case of huge battery drain.

Still battery life for me is around 12 hours with Calls for 30 Mins, SMS for 2-3 Hours continuously. No WiFi, No Data. Still 17% remaining :)

So considering early early build and comparing to other ICS ROM's it's not that bad :p

Screenshot_2012-08-16-20-35-05.png

Screenshot_2012-08-16-20-35-14.png

Screenshot_2012-08-16-20-35-24.png

I have noticed another thing, on incoming call the ringtone keeps ringing for few sec. even after receiving the call. This is same for repeated case.

Other few minor bugs include, On Battery Percentage, the icon doesn't shows up. Tried rebooting but didn't helped. :(

Sygic is not working. Crashing everytime. Attaching alogcat for Sygic.

BTW Bluetooth is fully working. Tried reparing and filesharing and all everything seems fine.

Attachments

• alogcat.2012-08-15-20-53-18+0530.txt
    57.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2012-08-16-20-35-05.png
    Screenshot_2012-08-16-20-35-05.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 372
  • Screenshot_2012-08-16-20-35-14.png
    Screenshot_2012-08-16-20-35-14.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 375
  • Screenshot_2012-08-16-20-35-24.png
    Screenshot_2012-08-16-20-35-24.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:

ElevateMusic

Apr 23, 2011
Cobourg, ON
soundcloud.com
What an incredible Rom! For a very first release, this Rom is incredibly bug free :)
During my experience with this Rom, I've found next to no bugs whatsoever, and its very fast, battery life is superb.
Overall, incredible Rom, I'm glad we have someone as incredible as popdog to port oxygen roms and develop for our device!

Cheers to you my good friend! And good luck :)

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello again!

I present to you Oxygen ROM 3.0.0 (ICS) for LG Optimus One.

Oxygen ROM is a highly optimized AOSP rom with only a few added features. I also intend to keep it that way. There will be no added features unless the good people from Oxygen want to add them. The rom is like this for a reason. So requests like "can you add theme manager?", "can it make me coffee?" will be ignored.
    As usual, there is no Theme Manager and FM Radio so don't even bother asking.

The rom is for new baseband only!

How to use:

The rom includes an OTA (Over The Air) Update app. This means that you will get a new update whenever it is released and you don't need to download it manually from the download source. You will receive a notification on your phone and you can download the rom and flash it right away. (Requires: internet connection, Google Account for push notifications and custom recovery [I've tested ClockworkMod but others should work as well])
    If you flash the rom from the OTA app then (at least with ClockworkMod) it might take a bit more time and it might look frozen. Just give it a bit of time and it will finish and reboot in your new fresh version of the rom.
    I've had some issues with CWM 5.0.2.0. My advice is to update your recovery to 5.0.2.7 (new bb)

You can find the download link, issues and change log in the blog: http://oxygen-for-p500.blogspot.com

If you want to submit issues please do so on the Google Code Project Page. Remember to add the label: "Version-ICS" at the bottom of the issue. It should be added by default but in case you don't see it, add it.

Credits:
    • Oxygen Team for the awesome rom
    • CyanogenMod Team for all the patches for low end devices for ICS
    • Code Aurora Forum also for patches and kernel for P500
    • Team M.A.C. for their sources. They should get all the credit for doing the hard work!
    • OTA app courtesy of OTA Update Center
    • Kernel courtesy of LGICS
    • And last but not least: YOU! Thank you for encouraging me and pushing me to continue development on the ROM. Also thank you for the donations that keep the project alive. Nothing could have been done without you, the user.

You can find the sources on my Github.

Enjoy responsibly!
    good luck getting more users with that attitude

This is what you don't understand... I don't care how MANY users I have since I don't get paid to do this and I don't have any obligation to anyone. *I'll leave a few moments here to let the information sink in*

I only do this for myself: it's a great experience and I get the satisfaction that a few thousand people use my rom.

Now those users come in a few categories:
    • Users that test out and report issues. I am eternally grateful to them and I owe them a few beers for pointing out bugs that I miss and sometimes for finding solutions to them. They are the best kind and I salute them!
    • Users that only use the rom and say nothing. I don't know if they like the rom or not but they use it nonetheless.

And then there's a few other categories:
    • Users that can't read: These users (like yourself) can't follow simple rules and read simple English. These are the majority of users that roam these forums and they are extremely annoying. To save myself from a stroke when reading comments from these users, I imagine them as spoiled 12-year old brats that got their phone for Christmas, installed a custom rom and are now "hackers"...
    • Users that think they are the most important beings on Earth (a derivative of the previous category)
    Now I myself am a notorious douchebag and users on this forum probably figured it out by now. Nonetheless they are still using my work and (many of them) are happy with it. If you are not happy then by all means use whatever rom you like, buy a new phone, cry, whatever floats your boat. But please, don't try to 1-up me because, as you can see, I am going to take some time to write a large comment on this forum telling the world that you are a giant d**k.

Exposure is low in all ICS ROM. The stock rom is better. I dont want all perfect, Great job and rom but this a little bug...simple.

I know what you mean. It's not only in the ICS roms but it's in all custom roms (ones that are not based on stock rom). There's probably nothing to do about it except setting a higher default exposure for the Camera app. But that is really not relevant since you can change it yourself whenever you want. I hope you understand...
    Are you talking about the thanks?
    Well thank you all for thanking me... or something. I know many of those thanks are to rage posts like the ones before so maybe people are thanking me for saying out loud what they are all thinking (just an idea)

Anyway, Oxygen for p500 is soon to be 1 year old, i'm reaching 2000 thanks and downloads are increasing by the day. So big big hug to all of you for sticking with me and for helping me learn all the things about android.

I promised before that i'll be making a noob tutorial for developing android roms. This will happen in the near future. Right now I'm fixing Oxygen and creating Cerebrum ICS. Good things are coming... Cheers!
    Well bugs are submitted on the google code page, other details are on the blog, so just go ahead and ask your questions here. I don't think there's need for a discussion thread.
    Good news: Thanks to some very handy configuration file edit, i am now able to ssh to my server once again but on port 443.
    Development is back...