New ROM, pitch your ideas!

Search This thread

XDroidie626

Jan 12, 2012
People of the X10

Me and a few other people are looking to make an easy yet enjoyable android experience.
Now as everyone knows Android is a vast and powerful operating system giving you control over almost every aspect of the OS, and the X10 is a brilliant device to run it on.
So i ask you people, what might you like in a ROM? where currently aiming at music based ROM, with a social interaction aspect also.

So please feel free to pitch ideas in, any idea you may think of. (Within the reaches of android and the phone its self)

Hope to hear from you all soon! :)

kirti_grewal

Sep 12, 2011
Calcutta
Hmm a music + social oriented
Sounds good to me
Is it going to be a stock based Rom or MIUI based??
Whatever the case how about adding a little eye candy to it
For eg the 1.6 lockscreen ;)

Sent from my X10S using xda premium

XDroidie626

Jan 12, 2012
Hmm a music + social oriented
Sounds good to me
Is it going to be a stock based Rom or MIUI based??
Whatever the case how about adding a little eye candy to it
For eg the 1.6 lockscreen ;)

Wolfbreak based using his FreeKernel ROM and maybe ulbl ROM later depending on how it all works, and tried the 1.6 lockscreen its ok but its a bit weak on the ROM, thinking of GoLocker for it :)

kirti_grewal

Sep 12, 2011
Calcutta
Wolfbreak based using his FreeKernel ROM and maybe ulbl ROM later depending on how it all works, and tried the 1.6 lockscreen its ok but its a bit weak on the ROM, thinking of GoLocker for it :)

I think the wolfbreak's as base is good idea :)
Recently beats audio has been ported, u could use it u know since the Rom could be a music oriented one ;)
And thanks for trying the 1.6 lockscreen but don't u think rather than using an app it would be better to use a stock lockscreen??
Or u could use a lockscreen like ics style
Example would be like the one in dark edition hd Rom
By the way I'm on locked boatloader so if u'r making for unlocked ones then I'm out of luck :p

XDroidie626

Jan 12, 2012
Recently beats audio has been ported, u could use it u know since the Rom could be a music oriented one ;)
And thanks for trying the 1.6 lockscreen but don't u think rather than using an app it would be better to use a stock lockscreen??
By the way I'm on locked boatloader so if u'r making for unlocked ones then I'm out of luck :p

I have had some trouble with the beats audio, sticks boot, and your in luck as its on FreeKernel so its locked BL as i currently run locked but it has Zs Kernel on it so good battery life, and thanks for the idea of dark edition HD il have a look on how its done :)

Reactions: kirti_grewal

XDroidie626

Jan 12, 2012

A really Stable one, that would be great for a change :)

Wolfbreaks is a very stable one :) normal Sony with tweaks, if you havent tried the V7 series go do so :) 1 problem which has a patch, brightness FC's just apply the fix and ur ready to go! :)

deveron3

Jan 15, 2011
My number one wish that might never come true: the ability to use the Xperia arc camera app on the x10. There, I said it! Yes, I'm crazy... Would be awesome though...

Essentially I would love to see a photography oriented Rom. I remember seeing an older 2.1 based room for the x10. The dev was improving the functionality of the camera, though I'mnot sure how... If I find the thread link, I'll post it here! :)

Oh, and make Koney famous!

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Last edited:

kirti_grewal

Sep 12, 2011
Calcutta
Hey I have got another idea for you
However it's really really difficult to implement as I have heard in the forums..
How about bringing Mediascape ??
If that's not possible then how about making an app similar to it
U know which can bring our music, photos & videos together
I know this might not happen but it would be great if u could somehow do it :) :D

stanzzzzz

Nov 16, 2010
Sydney
I think make a ROM rock stable, good battery life.
...Would love something with an awesome music player with equaliser, good camera,

####would also love the auto restore app via goofle as soon as you flash the Rom, so that we don't have to install apps one by One,

.. for lockscreen why don't you guys check out Metro UI LOCKSCREEN FROM GO LAUNCHER, its amazing and good shortcut to get through to diff apps.

### Would love battery percentage than stock battery icon. Status bar icon to go green or blue when connected..
### for drop down menu bar you guys can write your initials as your TM:)
### also if possible get us the option to kill task by pressing back key.. We then don't have to get ąn auto killer app :)

Hope you like the suggestions...

Sent from my X10i using XDA

XDroidie626

Jan 12, 2012
My number one wish that might never come true: the ability to use the Xperia arc camera app on the x10. There, I said it! Yes, I'm crazy... Would be awesome though...

Essentially I would love to see a photography oriented Rom. I remember seeing an older 2.1 based room for the x10. The dev was improving the functionality of the camera, though I'mnot sure how... If I find the thread link, I'll post it here! :)

Oh, and make Koney famous!

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
Il see what i can do, not promising anything, and cant test personally due to bust camera, but wel see ;)

Hey I have got another idea for you
However it's really really difficult to implement as I have heard in the forums..
How about bringing Mediascape ??
If that's not possible then how about making an app similar to it
U know which can bring our music, photos & videos together
I know this might not happen but it would be great if u could somehow do it :) :D

Am sorry to say Mediascape cant be ported over, i think wolfbreak attempted this and he couldnt do it, just destined to stay on the 2.1 :(

I think make a ROM rock stable, good battery life.
...Would love something with an awesome music player with equaliser, good camera,

####would also love the auto restore app via goofle as soon as you flash the Rom, so that we don't have to install apps one by One,

.. for lockscreen why don't you guys check out Metro UI LOCKSCREEN FROM GO LAUNCHER, its amazing and good shortcut to get through to diff apps.

### Would love battery percentage than stock battery icon. Status bar icon to go green or blue when connected..
### for drop down menu bar you guys can write your initials as your TM:)
### also if possible get us the option to kill task by pressing back key.. We then don't have to get ąn auto killer app :)

Hope you like the suggestions...

1 where using Wolfbreaks ROM, as far as i know only one bug which has been fixed already with bravia install, il check that auto-reinstall app also for you and see what i can do, where going to use a galaxy Nexus theme, but il UOT a battery clock and maybe include T.E.A.Ms battery bar, am not sure about the status bar, il look into that tho :) Lockscreen is Go EX as standard, ive been testing this over the last few days, so just install it :) also, you back to press cant be done on this build type, cyanogenmod has that method, but its never been done on here :)

Hope that answers your questions people! and thanks for the ideas! :)

kirti_grewal

Sep 12, 2011
Calcutta
http://youtu.be/z65UvJfY-Sc <- Youtube video on what have been on, only UI edits and app testing at the current moment to see what runs with the ROM, will post a 2nd video when we have edited more things :)

Hey pal I'm liking where you're heading :)
Just two requests
In the video u said that u want the Rom to be as close to galaxy nexus
I appreciate that but please try and keep the camera as it is
And I don't know if it's possible but can we control the music player from the lockscreen??
I mean can u add a music controller to the lockscreen??
Example would be like achtojans semc debrand engine Rom
Other than liking where this Rom is heading :D
I liked the lockscreen and the app menu the most :p :D

XDroidie626

Jan 12, 2012
Hey pal I'm liking where you're heading :)
Just two requests
In the video u said that u want the Rom to be as close to galaxy nexus
I appreciate that but please try and keep the camera as it is
And I don't know if it's possible but can we control the music player from the lockscreen??
I mean can u add a music controller to the lockscreen??
Example would be like achtojans semc debrand engine Rom
Other than liking where this Rom is heading :D
I liked the lockscreen and the app menu the most :p :D

I understand what you mean with the music lock screen been looking at it my self, at the moment im unsure if GO Locker supports it, if not il see if one can be made with this :) we did have a request for the Arcs camera, which i presume is same as X10 Camera, if not we shall put up a file with the stock.

the rom looks smooth

and as you stated opera mini will be stock browser I would suggest that Dolphin mini might be a better choice with its features with smoothness

Il check dolphin mini out later and see which performs better, maybe install both for users to choose for them selfs :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    People of the X10

Me and a few other people are looking to make an easy yet enjoyable android experience.
    Now as everyone knows Android is a vast and powerful operating system giving you control over almost every aspect of the OS, and the X10 is a brilliant device to run it on.
    So i ask you people, what might you like in a ROM? where currently aiming at music based ROM, with a social interaction aspect also.

So please feel free to pitch ideas in, any idea you may think of. (Within the reaches of android and the phone its self)

Hope to hear from you all soon! :)

I have had some trouble with the beats audio, sticks boot, and your in luck as its on FreeKernel so its locked BL as i currently run locked but it has Zs Kernel on it so good battery life, and thanks for the idea of dark edition HD il have a look on how its done :)
    Any info on the progress
    Hope its going well :)

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

Champion is sorting beats out for me, couldnt get it working at all, currently looking at the social aspect of it, seen the HTC Cha Cha chat thing so looking for something similar to that, might release a sort of alpha version without beats just a stock version when am sure everything is 100% as Champion is busy with other matters :)
    Nice ideas, but not original. It's already been done millions of times! The latest and best projects at this moment are Feralab by FeraVolt and x10S By Championswimmer.
    Yeah it has but Fera and Champions ROMs are full of apps which just take up memory, ram and battery in the long term, and compared to CM7.2/Wolfbreak the battery is not as good compared

Kind of a small thing, but i would really like to see CM's 7.2 lockscreen gesture to be implemented!!! Loved how i could make any gesture and turn it invisible for the lockscreen. :D
    Well seeing as a CM7.2 Version is planned as theres just too many stock roms out these days it will be included as standard :)
    Your making a new Rom so, Change it up and show us something we haven't seen before

Don't use the same themes and please no more xperia s stuff

Push the x10s capabilities but we don't want any wlods, or a crappy battery

Make your Rom stand out, and make us want to download the rom