Nothing happens when connecting Ativ S on PC

Search This thread

joaompinheiro

Aug 21, 2013
My Ativ S used to work great, but two days ago I accepted a Samsung update. Since then my phone was without sounds on speaker and not charging. To make it charge I had to turn it off and then connect the cable. Today I decided to do a hard reset (lost my here drive+ :( ) and now everything works well. Except my phone is not recognized when plugged on any pc (I tried 2 windows 7 and 1 windows 8). That way I can't downgrade or do anything else via cable. Can somebody help me?

Edit: It does however charge while connected to the computer

Last edited:

hutchinsane_

Sep 16, 2013
You could look into the WIndows Device manager if it is listed at all, anf if yes in what mode it is. If you want to downgrade you may be able to do it while being in the Bootloader or something similar (if there's a button combination, don't know about the ativ s.) I hope this helps!

Reactions: joaompinheiro

dada.81

Sep 18, 2007
You could look into the WIndows Device manager if it is listed at all, anf if yes in what mode it is. If you want to downgrade you may be able to do it while being in the Bootloader or something similar (if there's a button combination, don't know about the ativ s.) I hope this helps!

Do you have SamWP8Tools? You should check if the FS Access is enabled. I had mine updated to developer GDR3 10521 version only, and when Full FS access is on it won't show up at all except in Device Manages as MTP something (and I've tried enabling the FC Router with the txt file and resetting it while USB connected numerous times, maybe I missed something, though I doubt it), when FS access is off I can see it in windows explorer and even access its C:\ via the changes I can still make to the registry (but I still can not see all the files then or delete some of the massive 9+GB of system files it has collected). :(

Last edited:
Reactions: joaompinheiro

joaompinheiro

Aug 21, 2013

It wasn't shown in device manager. It didn't even reproduced the infamous windows sound when connecting a usb device. Tried in every single boot mode but it didn't help.

Do you have SamWP8Tools? You should check if the FS Access is enabled. I had mine updated to developer GDR3 10521 version only, and when Full FS access is on it won't show up at all except in Device Manages as MTP something (and I've tried enabling the FC Router with the txt file and resetting it while USB connected numerous times, maybe I missed something, though I doubt it), when FS access is off I can see it in windows explorer and even access its C:\ via the changes I can still make to the registry (but I still can not see all the files then or delete some of the massive 9+GB of system files it has collected). :(

Actually I was trying to use SamWP8Tools for the first time, that's why it was so disappointing. I tried changing usb mode via diagnosis and nothing happened.

BUT, somehow it has recovered itself from the bug. It seems ok now when connected to my pc. Since I didn't do anything related to OS (just app updates), I'm being forced to think it was a hardware issue. Maybe there is some loose connections inside the phone. Thank you very much anyway! Hope it doesn't start bugging again. :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.