[APP] Raccoon v4.12 - An apk downloader for Google Play

Search This thread

pwlin

Sep 10, 2014
Amsterdam
Thank you very much for this great app!

I have a small request:
I like to generate a simple html index of all the files i have in ./apk_storage/ directory so I can serve them on my local network for other family members to download.

The idea is to present others with a simple html file with numerous links so they can download whatever they want from my local apk_storage folder.

Something like:

My Files:

Titanium Backup v. 6.1.5.6
Titanium Backup v. 6.1.5.5
ES Explorer v. 3.1.9.1
ES Explorer v. 3.1.9.0

and so on...

Now the problem is that Raccoon save everything under the Package ID and Version Code (not the Version Number), which is understandable from the developer's point of view but makes it difficult for me to build such a html file.

I can scrap the play store web page based on the package id and save version number, name and description from that page, or use a tool such as aapt from Android SDK to directly read the contents of AndroidManifest.xml inside the apk file and gather the data i need. But both of these methods seems just a bit overkill.

Which brings me to my question: is it possible for Raccoon to generate something like an index.xml file beside credentials.cfg with name, version numbers and icon of all the apk files in ./apk_storage/?

Something like:

Code:
<Raccoon>
    <application>
        <id>com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup</id>
        <name>Titanium Backup</name>
        <icon>[Link to Icon in Play Store]</icon>
        <package>
            <version>6.1.5.6</version>
            <versioncode>337</versioncode>
            <apkname>[Link To APK in apk_storage folder]</apkname>
        </package>
        <package>
            <version>6.1.5.5</version>
            <versioncode>336</versioncode>
            <apkname>[Link To APK in apk_storage folder]</apkname>
        </package>
        <package>
        </package>
    </application>

<application>
   </application>

</Raccoon>

Is this a difficult thing for you to do?

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
Thank you very much for this great app!

I have a small request:
I like to generate a simple html index of all the files i have in ./apk_storage/ directory so I can serve them on my local network for other family members to download.

The idea is to present others with a simple html file with numerous links so they can download whatever they want from my local apk_storage folder.

That is actually a planned feature :). However, it's not a trivial thing to do (at least not if done right), so this will take some time. I need to add device profiles first.

Reactions: pwlin

pwlin

Sep 10, 2014
Amsterdam
That is actually a planned feature :). However, it's not a trivial thing to do (at least not if done right), so this will take some time. I need to add device profiles first.

Thanks, that would be great!
In the meantime, i will write a short script to run all my apks through aapt and extract the necessary info for generating the index.xml file.

asapisaiah

Sep 12, 2014
So, I'm pretty sure that everything's set up correctly, yet no matter what I search I get No results as it says...

pwlin

Sep 10, 2014
Amsterdam
Would you mind share the script once it's finished?

Hi Hadi,

The script is already on Github. You can clone the repository from

github.com/pwlin/wisconsin-index-generator

You need NodeJS installed and also you need aapt utility from Android SDK in your path, because the script is using aapt to extract metadata from apk files.

Once you are ready to go, clone the directory and run

Code:
npm install
node index.js /path/to/your/apk_storage

Please let me know if you have any question, I'll be glad to help you.

Last edited:
Reactions: hadi_rena

GL1zdA

Sep 18, 2014
What should I do if searching for anything yields no results? If I use my Google Account with my phone's AndroidID I will get no results, no matter what am I searching for. Using another Google Account with AndroidID generated by Racoon works with the same searches.

hadi_rena

Sep 1, 2011
Bandung
What should I do if searching for anything yields no results? If I use my Google Account with my phone's AndroidID I will get no results, no matter what am I searching for. Using another Google Account with AndroidID generated by Racoon works with the same searches.

Use your GSF ID instead of android ID. Use android ID app to find GSF ID.

Reactions: Titchener17

unicinq

Feb 21, 2011
Berlin
javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated

Hi,

i get this error:

javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSessionImpl.getPeerCertificates(SSLSessionImpl.java:371)
at org.apache.http.conn.ssl.AbstractVerifier.verify(AbstractVerifier.java:126)
at org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLSocketFactory.connectSocket(SSLSocketFactory.java:572)
at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:180)
at org.apache.http.impl.conn.ManagedClientConnectionImpl.open(ManagedClientConnectionImpl.java:294)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.tryConnect(DefaultRequestDirector.java:645)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:480)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:906)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:805)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:784)
at com.akdeniz.googleplaycrawler.GooglePlayAPI.executeHttpRequest(GooglePlayAPI.java:577)
at com.akdeniz.googleplaycrawler.GooglePlayAPI.executePost(GooglePlayAPI.java:538)
at com.akdeniz.googleplaycrawler.GooglePlayAPI.executePost(GooglePlayAPI.java:517)
at com.akdeniz.googleplaycrawler.GooglePlayAPI.login(GooglePlayAPI.java:226)
at de.onyxbits.raccoon.App.createConnection(App.java:129)
at de.onyxbits.raccoon.CliService.doUpdate(CliService.java:139)
at de.onyxbits.raccoon.CliService.run(CliService.java:115)
at de.onyxbits.raccoon.App.main(App.java:85)

after i setup a cronjob to update every 6 hours. I disabled this now, and one in 10 attempts give me update, otherwise this error comes up.
Is there a limit for apps or updates?

Thank you for this cool tool.
Cinq

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Is it possible to make it portable? Keep all directory next to the main executable.

from the reddit announcement: reddit. com /r /Android/ comments/ 2fpt8h/ new_release_of_raccoon_alternative_google_play/

[QUITE]If you want to change the homedir, you'll have to set the raccoon.home property, e.g. this way:

java -Draccoon.home=/somewhere/else -jar raccoon-3.2.jar

(adapt as needed by your OS). [/QUITE]

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
Hi,

after i setup a cronjob to update every 6 hours. I disabled this now, and one in 10 attempts give me update, otherwise this error comes up.
Is there a limit for apps or updates?

I sometimes get this error, too. In my case it's because of a congested line. Never looked into it as I assumed it to be a timeout problem with raccoon not managing to authenticate in time.

unicinq

Feb 21, 2011
Berlin
Random AndroidID vs. Real AndroidID

one thing to mention. First i used a randomly generated AndroidID. GooglePlay told me then, i got new hardware;)
so i asked TitaniumBackup to read my Nexus7 AndroidID. With this ID i didn't get updates!
When i switched back to the random ID, updates worked again.

Regard
Cinq

jemail

Sep 19, 2013
Moto G
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Good Work!

This an excellent program.

Some suggestions (which may have already been made):

1. A Tab that lists (sortable on all columns) all APKs in the current archive with details.
2. Ability to check for new updates of APKs already downloaded.
3. Use friendly APK names always.

Regards,
jemail

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
This an excellent program.

Some suggestions (which may have already been made):

1. A Tab that lists (sortable on all columns) all APKs in the current archive with details.
2. Ability to check for new updates of APKs already downloaded.
3. Use friendly APK names always.

Regards,
jemail

1. An archive browser is a planned feature. What I intend to do requires a major redesign though, so this will take longer
  2. Try CTRL-U ;).
  3. Nope. That will never be supported. The problem with userfriendly names is that they are not unique. There is a whole can of worms to be opened here. Luckily, the archive browser i have in mind will work around this.

Astrowe

Jan 20, 2011
Prague
hi :) could you please add a button or some option to update all apps? so you shouldn't have to click "Download" for every single app in the list. thanks!

echipvina

Oct 30, 2014
I have tried your app, it's working but slow to download, I have tested viber app and needed 10 minus to completed .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP] Raccoon v4.13 - An apk downloader for Google Play

Ever ran into one of these problems?
    • You want to check out an app, but your device is not officially supported.
    • After flashing a custom ROM, you no longer have Google Play available on your phone.
    • You updated an app, but the new version causes nothing but trouble and you want to go back to the previous version.
    • You are not satisfied with Google's privacy policy and would rather download apps without hooking your phone up to Google.
    • You want to check out apps without them cluttering up your "My Apps" list and potentially influencing app suggestions.
    • You don't have unlimited bandwidth at your disposal but want to install an app on multiple devices in your household.

Raccoon is a Google Play desktop client that will enable you to download APK files from Google Play and cache them locally on your desktop computer. You can maintain as many caches as you like (e.g. one per Google Account or one per device you own). Each cache is able to hold apps in multiple versions.

1MBGPHJ.png

Click here to download

Usage instructions:

1. Install Java (java.com)
    2. racoon.jar should now be executeable, start it like any other program
    3. Enter your loginname and password (prefererably from a throw away account).
    4. type "Onyxbits" into the textfield.
    5. You should now see a list of all my apps (yes, shameless plug, I know).
    6. Maybe download "List My Apps"
    7. you will get an APK file, transfer that to your phone by whatever means suit you (e.g. copy via USB cable).
    8. Enable "Unknown Sources" on your device to install the APK
    Teaser of the GUI for the upcoming v2.0 version. Thumbs up, thumbs down?

oxhnTC6.png
    Just calling in to announce, that Raccoon v4.0.1 is available now. It is a complete rewrite of the old application, adding many new features. Let me know how it handles!

Download url: http://raccoon.onyxbits.de
    K guys, new release. Changelog here. This is really all I can do for the moment. May it hold for now.