[GUIDE] ROM Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TeeJay3800

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 31, 2009
Michigan
adityam533, I changed the thread title to a more standard format. Also, please follow forum rules by creating only one thread per topic.

varun sutar

Nov 13, 2011
mumbai
hey,
bro ,
thnxx again bcoz,
even working in with
CM10 beta 3(bcoz I don't know how to install nightly!!)
anyways
in beta 3 its
working awesome!!

lovegurulavdev

Apr 22, 2012
kanchanpur
wow bro its working really , feeel very bad to install but after installing and taping backup my mob go off and i thnk mob is bricked my head ache but it starts and perform backup . wow it works

iok1

Feb 24, 2012
Helsingborg
You know you just copy-pasted my guide and changed it to galaxy fit. You stole it and gave no credit at all to the one who originally wrote it (me). You could have at least asked.

You've stolen my guide and I will alert a moderator when I get to my computer. The decision is the moderators afterwards.

Anyway, have fun with rom manager on fit I guess., :rolleyes:

Sent from my jelly bean

Last edited:

adityam533

Jan 24, 2012
Gujarat
You know you just copy-pasted my guide and changed it to galaxy fit. You stole it and gave no credit at all to the one who originally wrote it (me). You could have at least asked.

You've stolen my guide and I will alert a moderator when I get to my computer. The decision is the moderators afterwards.

Anyway, have fun with rom manager on fit I guess., :rolleyes:

Sent from my jelly bean
i dont think so...i have took major risk selecting on each selections...i my have 2 times earlier bricked my phone when i buyed ....if u posted any threat in galaxy fit android forums......i took a risk and successfully installed it...and uploaded screenshots...and morever everyphone has different specifications...so every phone have different recovery....so pls stay away.....

iok1

Feb 24, 2012
Helsingborg
i dont think so...i have took major risk selecting on each selections...i my have 2 times earlier bricked my phone when i buyed ....if u posted any threat in galaxy fit android forums......i took a risk and successfully installed it...and uploaded screenshots...and morever everyphone has different specifications...so every phone have different recovery....so pls stay away.....

You still basically copied and pasted my guide and tested it for yourself. You could have at least told me before you posted here

Sent from my jelly bean

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

if u posted any threat in galaxy fit android forums......

I actually had plans on adapting this guide to galaxy fit, no one was interested......

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1711769

Sent from my jelly bean

adityam533

Jan 24, 2012
Gujarat
You still basically copied and pasted my guide and tested it for yourself. You could have at least told me before you posted here

Sent from my jelly bean

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

I actually had plans on adapting this guide to galaxy fit, no one was interested......

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1711769

Sent from my jelly bean
u are true dude...i dont so your thread..realy..u too are brave trying it in ur device..but in my device,i used to check in supported device list by rom manager by clicking on "flash clockwork mod " in rom manager..i know it was not risky....after that i flashed official nightly cm7 and again tested it....i found my phone name in that list so pressed it and did all procedure as i posted in thread...and made thread to share it...not copy paste...its my own experience...and my risk taken....so plsss dont tell i just didnt did anything....

iok1

Feb 24, 2012
Helsingborg
u are true dude...i dont so your thread..realy..u too are brave trying it in ur device..but in my device,i used to check in supported device list by rom manager by clicking on "flash clockwork mod " in rom manager..i know it was not risky....after that i flashed official nightly cm7 and again tested it....i found my phone name in that list so pressed it and did all procedure as i posted in thread...and made thread to share it...not copy paste...its my own experience...and my risk taken....so plsss dont tell i just didnt did anything....

Its not your experience, you have copied my thread and changed some words. This is my thread in its current state:

Hi everybody. It's a known fact that people brick their devices by incorrectly using rom manager. But rom manager isn't completely dangerous, it is usable if it's used the right way, this guide will show you how to use rom manager without bricking you phone.

Reported that it does not work with stock kernel.​

I am not responsible for any damage done to your phone, if you hardbricked it you have done something wrong. Follow step 1 CAREFULLY!

0. (Skip if you already installed clockworkmod recovery)
First of all, you will have to install clockworkmod recovery on your phone. This is where some people brick their phones, the trick is to not use rom manager to do it. Instead use this clockworkmod found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1421650 flashing instructions are in the thread, read it carefully. When you're done flashing clockworkmod recovery or if you already have clockworkmod recovery, proceed to step 1

Download and install rom manager from Google Play. Now, what you're going to do is to select Flash Clockworkmod Recovery then a window saying confirm phone model pops up and should look like this:

If you're seeing other phone models than GT-S5660, don't proceed!!! You will hardbrick your phone!!!
2po89yp.png

Now you should see this window: Click yes and continue

33eh6o2.png

Select ClockworkMod 3.x+

u0uao.png

You're done! Rom manager will say that you have an installed ClockworkMod on your phone, now you can do what rom manager does, flash zips from the app, reboot into recovery, restore nandroid and more!

eziqmg.png

Will not work on GT-S5660M and the other models, GT-S5660 only.

Please do not reply with "thanks", hit the thanks button instead. That way you can show your appreciation without cluttering the thread :)

And this is your:

Hello guys. It's a known fact that people brick their devices by incorrectly using rom manager. But rom manager isn't completely dangerous, it is usable if it's used the right way, this guide will show you how to use rom manager without bricking you phone.Reported that it does not work with stock kernel.I am not responsible for any damage done to your phone, if you hardbricked it you have done something wrong. Follow step 1 CAREFULLY!.(u already. have to install clockworkmod recovery first then u can do this not with stock recovery....)First of all, you will have to install clockworkmod recovery on your phone. This is where some people brick their phones, the trick is to not use rom manager to do it. proceed to step 1 Download and install rom manager from Google Play. Now, what you're going to do is to selectFlash Clockworkmod Recoverythena window saying confirm phone model pops up and should look like this:If you're seeing other phone models than GT-S5670, don't proceed!!! You will hardbrick your phone!!! 2.Now you should see window: Click yes and continue 3.SelectClockworkMod 3.x 4.You're done! Rom manager will say that you have an installed ClockworkMod on your phone, nowyou can do what rom manager does, flash zips from the app, reboot into recovery, restore nandroid and more!

and moderator pls make it sticky....

and guyzzz press thanx if i hlpd u0106¥730106¥730106¥730106¥73
Now compare those words. Now please stop making excuses, we both know you copied my guide.

Sent from my jelly bean

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys. It's a known fact that people brick their devices by incorrectly using rom manager. But rom manager isn't completely dangerous, it is usable if it's used the right way, this guide will show you how to use rom manager without bricking you phone.Reported that it does not work with stock kernel.I am not responsible for any damage done to your phone, if you hardbricked it you have done something wrong. Follow step 1 CAREFULLY!.(u already. have to install clockworkmod recovery first then u can do this not with stock recovery....)First of all, you will have to install clockworkmod recovery on your phone. This is where some people brick their phones, the trick is to not use rom manager to do it. proceed to step 1 Download and install rom manager from Google Play. Now, what you're going to do is to selectFlash Clockworkmod Recoverythena window saying confirm phone model pops up and should look like this:If you're seeing other phone models than GT-S5670, don't proceed!!! You will hardbrick your phone!!! 2.Now you should see window: Click yes and continue 3.SelectClockworkMod 3.x 4.You're done! Rom manager will say that you have an installed ClockworkMod on your phone, nowyou can do what rom manager does, flash zips from the app, reboot into recovery, restore nandroid and more!

Its not your experience, you have copied my thread and changed some words. This is my thread in its current state:

Hi everybody. It's a known fact that people brick their devices by incorrectly using rom manager. But rom manager isn't completely dangerous, it is usable if it's used the right way, this guide will show you how to use rom manager without bricking you phone.

Reported that it does not work with stock kernel.​

I am not responsible for any damage done to your phone, if you hardbricked it you have done something wrong. Follow step 1 CAREFULLY!

0. (Skip if you already installed clockworkmod recovery)
    First of all, you will have to install clockworkmod recovery on your phone. This is where some people brick their phones, the trick is to not use rom manager to do it. Instead use this clockworkmod found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1421650 flashing instructions are in the thread, read it carefully. When you're done flashing clockworkmod recovery or if you already have clockworkmod recovery, proceed to step 1

Download and install rom manager from Google Play. Now, what you're going to do is to select Flash Clockworkmod Recovery then a window saying confirm phone model pops up and should look like this:

If you're seeing other phone models than GT-S5660, don't proceed!!! You will hardbrick your phone!!!
    2po89yp.png

Now you should see this window: Click yes and continue

33eh6o2.png

Select ClockworkMod 3.x+

u0uao.png

You're done! Rom manager will say that you have an installed ClockworkMod on your phone, now you can do what rom manager does, flash zips from the app, reboot into recovery, restore nandroid and more!

eziqmg.png

Will not work on GT-S5660M and the other models, GT-S5660 only.

Please do not reply with "thanks", hit the thanks button instead. That way you can show your appreciation without cluttering the thread :)

And this is your:

Now compare those words. Now please stop making excuses, we both know you copied my guide.

Sent from my jelly bean
    110% working...

Does it really work or do i hav to see myself in samsung service centre wid my phn :p

110% working try it out dude.just use offficciall cm7 rom and our cwm recovery by t j style and do as above..
    then u will able to use it perfectly...
    Hello give video proof for first :silly: i dont like to brick my device
    do as i tell....install nightly cm7 official through cwm by tj style...then open rom manager and use my steps it works 100% if u wont believe me than dont do it.whats my going......
    Thanx bro.. followed the steps n got rom manager installed perfectly!!! Working for me like a charm!!! :)

Sent from my GT-S5670 using xda premium
    welcome.......!