[Jailbreak][Root][Recovery] Back Atcha Verizon-- update 17MAR13:Windows/Linux

Search This thread

soba49

Nov 6, 2010
boston, ma
Unfortunately my XP machine is my work laptop, and they won't let me upgrade my OS on there. If I download Casual on my macbook, will it install Heimdall? That is my only other choice here.
It's supposed to. In fact I believe it does. I used CASUAL on my mac to root my note back on version 273b (page 54 on this thread) (with a minor adjustment -- at least a few people have succeeded on a mac). I've just been too lazy to figure out an uninstall so I can test to see if the new version works. Potentially there's a Java 1.6/1.7 issue, but it's definitely worth a try.

Last edited:
Reactions: CannotResist

CannotResist

Feb 13, 2011
Santa Clarita, CA
It's supposed to. In fact I believe it does. I used CASUAL on my mac to root my note back on version 283 (with a minor adjustment -- at least a few people have succeeded on a mac). I've just been too lazy to figure out an uninstall so I can test to see if the new version works. Potentially there's a Java 1.6/1.7 issue, but it's definitely worth a try.

Tried to open Casual on my Macbook, and it won't open. Says that it can't be opened, and to look for a reason in "console." On OSX Lion if that helps.

FrostyOrDie

Feb 27, 2012
Re: [Jailbreak][Root][Recovery] CASUAL One-Click -- update 17MAR13:Windows/Linux

Has anybody gotten this to work on windows 8 yet with L4 build?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

TechSavvy2

Sep 26, 2011
Has anybody gotten this to work on windows 8 yet with L4 build?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I just used it on the newest version. PITA though. I seriously wanna punch Windows 8 in the face. Win8 drivers make me wanna kill myself :facepalm:

After two hours of messing with it, got it to work. Have to select that other driver that adam mentions in the instructions (but blocks with update your drivers popup, lol), as Samsung ones don't show up no matter what. Finally, I had to swap ports AND cords. I do believe it has issues with USB3.0/2.0 which is what the difference between my two ports is.

Anywho, good luck. It does work with WIN 8 and the newest version, patience.....:p

Reactions: trapperjohn

soba49

Nov 6, 2010
boston, ma
Tried to open Casual on my Macbook, and it won't open. Says that it can't be opened, and to look for a reason in "console." On OSX Lion if that helps.

This is what is happening to you:

Code:
$ java -jar CASUAL-BackAtchaVerizon-Revision311b.jar 
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: CASUAL/CASUALApp : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

major.minor version 51.0 means Java 7. You're trying to run it on Java 6 (50.0) or lower.

Judging by the SVN at the moment, Java 6 support is going away (which is what OSX Mountain Lion supports by default). You'll have to get Java 7 if you want to run it. Download Free Java Software There are some tradeoffs to doing so. In my case I get this:

Chrome does not support Java 7. Java 7 runs only on 64-bit browsers and Chrome is a 32-bit browser.

If you download Java 7, you will not be able to run Java content in Chrome and will need to use a 64-bit browser (such as Safari or Firefox) to run Java content within a browser. Additionally, installing Java 7 will disable the ability to use Apple Java 6 on your system.

I understand the above and want to download Java 7 for Mac OS X (10.7.3 and above).

If for some reason you don't want to upgrade Java 7, you'll need an older version of casual, like the testing version I used when I did it.

Last edited:
Reactions: CannotResist

phnman390

Apr 24, 2011
ocean city
Re: [Jailbreak][Root][Recovery] CASUAL One-Click -- update 17MAR13:Windows/Linux

Im trying new casual too unlock note 2 and it goes through whole process and says no 60 in pit file any sugg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
Unfortunately my XP machine is my work laptop, and they won't let me upgrade my OS on there. If I download Casual on my macbook, will it install Heimdall? That is my only other choice here.
You can try. It should attempt to install Heimdall and you'll have to reboot your computer after that. Let me know if it works or not. I'm expecting a mac to work with soon enough.

CannotResist

Feb 13, 2011
Santa Clarita, CA
You can try. It should attempt to install Heimdall and you'll have to reboot your computer after that. Let me know if it works or not. I'm expecting a mac to work with soon enough.

ok, I downloaded the newest Java for mac, and Casual opened up, once I plugged in my phone, it said " Mac detected: this version of Casual cannot support Mac. Done" Any idea what may be happening now?

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

It's supposed to. In fact I believe it does. I used CASUAL on my mac to root my note back on version 273b (page 54 on this thread) (with a minor adjustment -- at least a few people have succeeded on a mac). I've just been too lazy to figure out an uninstall so I can test to see if the new version works. Potentially there's a Java 1.6/1.7 issue, but it's definitely worth a try.

Unfortunately that testing version is no longer available. :(

hungarian

Nov 29, 2003
USA Phily
not sure what I am doing wrong

I followed the link to download casual backatchaverizon rev311b

I believe that should be the windows version of the on click, right?

Ok, once it finished the download, my virus killer jumps in and locks the file:

http://fs1.d-h.st/download/00034/6c6/CASUAL-BackAtchaVerizon-Revision311b.jar Android/Exploit.Lotoor.CU trojan connection terminated - quarantined Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.
http://fs1.d-h.st/download/00034/6c6/CASUAL-BackAtchaVerizon-Revision311b.jar » ZIP » SCRIPTS/WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak.zip Android/Exploit.Lotoor.CU trojan
http://fs1.d-h.st/download/00034/6c6/CASUAL-BackAtchaVerizon-Revision311b.jar » ZIP » SCRIPTS/WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak.zip » ZIP » exynos-abuse Android/Exploit.Lotoor.CU trojan

DO I use the wrong link?

Or should I switch of my fw and virus scanner.

Thanks in advance

AlpineM3

Sep 22, 2010
I'm on a MAC and also having problems even trying to open the BackAtchaVerizon file found in the OP. I keep getting a "Check the console for possible error messages" notification.

Of all the times i've rooted, MAC has always been so simple. This time around has been a pain in the arse. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

soba49

Nov 6, 2010
boston, ma
Adam, I'm not sure if you're using this particular script in your current distributions because it's so far back. However, I happened to notice why the Macs were doing everything but the last heimdall flash at that time:

/trunk/GUI/src/SCRIPTS/Beta Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak.scr r273 line 75:
75: $LINUX $HEIMDALL flash --82 "$ZIPFILEswagBoot" --60 "$ZIPFILErecoverThis"

Change this to:
$LINUX $GOTO #Linux_final
$MAC $GOTO #Mac_final

#Linux_final
$LINUX $HEIMDALL flash --82 "$ZIPFILEswagBoot" --60 "$ZIPFILErecoverThis"
$GOTO #END OF SCRIPT

#Mac_final
$MAC $HEIMDALL flash --82 "$ZIPFILEswagBoot" --60 "$ZIPFILErecoverThis"
$GOTO #END OF SCRIPT

AlpineM3

Sep 22, 2010

Adam, I'm not sure if you're using this particular script in your current distributions because it's so far back. However, I happened to notice why the Macs were doing everything but the last heimdall flash at that time:

Change this to:
$LINUX $GOTO #Linux_final
$MAC $GOTO #Mac_final

#Linux_final
$LINUX $HEIMDALL flash --82 "$ZIPFILEswagBoot" --60 "$ZIPFILErecoverThis"
$GOTO #END OF SCRIPT

#Mac_final
$MAC $HEIMDALL flash --82 "$ZIPFILEswagBoot" --60 "$ZIPFILErecoverThis"
$GOTO #END OF SCRIPT

Soba - Any idea why I wasn't able to even open up casual??? Bad download?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

thepolishguy

Dec 3, 2009
Ivanhoe CA

as said, my virus scanner went balistic over the file.....
maybe something is wrong?

It's a false positive. It has been discussed at length. Mr Outler has advised to turn off your anti virus. Since he is a recognized developer and doing tons in the android community I think you will be fine.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
ok, I downloaded the newest Java for mac, and Casual opened up, once I plugged in my phone, it said " Mac detected: this version of Casual cannot support Mac. Done" Any idea what may be happening now?

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Unfortunately that testing version is no longer available. :(

AH! That's right... I'm sorry!! First line in the script
Code:
$MAC $HALT $ECHO This version of CASUAL cannot support mac

I've just pushed out a update. If you start the app again and hit the do it button, it should filter down to your computer if you have an internet connection. Give it a try, but I'm not promising anything.. You'll probly have to reboot and I'm not sure if the kexts are installed. I just got a mac in today so I will be working on it soon.

hungarian

Nov 29, 2003
USA Phily
disregard

redowned it and works

disabled the scanner, dled the file, started it...invalid or corrupt jarfile......

is it me?

I re dl now...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: new version available here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2272066.

FIRST!!! First jailbreak under the new 2012 DMCA Excemption that is. First "Android Jailbreak" ever... Gah that name erks me... Anyway, You’re here to legally Jailbreak your Verizon Galaxy Note 2.

Introduction
    CASUAL will guide you through the process. Put your device into “Developer Mode>USB Debugging”. Click the do it button. This is not only the first release of this new Exploit, but it’s also a beta-test of CASUAL. I expect problems... however this will be addressed with updates. See the About CASUAL section below.

We decided to start a new thread becasue the old unlock method is tried and true on Windows with VRALJB. This method is based on a totally new exploit.

Overview
    You are expected to be STOCK.... Stock anything, but stock. This will install a stock kernel and that may affect non-stock roms. You will need to download and execute the CASUAL application below. Then click the Do It! button. You need Java. Do you have Java?.

Windows 32/64 Users: CASUAL will put your device into Download Mode. It will automatically flash everything. If drivers are required, jrloper's CADI (CASUAL Automated Driver installer) will handle it. If Microsoft VC Redistributable is required, click next, next, next. Make sure you're connected to the internet.

Linux 32/64/raspberry pi Users There may be a permission escalation in order to install heimdall, either way sit back and relax. CASUAL automates the entire process.
    Please run the following in a terminal first:

Mac Users: Mac works easierr than any other system at the time of this release on 32bit systems. Please report problems.

Download
    CASUAL(R465b) Back Atcha Verizon CASUAL is used to automate the process. The exploit was developed by Elite Recognized Developer Ralekdev and packaged by AdamOutler. To run CASUAL you need Java. Do you have Java?

Jailbreak video for Windows users only!
    This video desmonstrates CASUAL used with Odin to flash the Galaxy Note 2 firmware Thanks to DroidModderX.

Jailbreak video for LINUX only!
    This video demonstrates the one-click CASUAL Linux Unlock method... at 2AM.. so don't expect me to be cheerful.

About CASUAL
    CASUAL stands for Cross-platform ADB Scripting, Univeral Android Loader. CASUAL jar files are a wrapper for the CASUAL scripting language. CASUAL allows rapid and accurate deployment of hacks and exploits. At any time, if a serious problem is detected with any script, the kill-switch will be flipped and you will be brought to a support page (most likely here) so you can download the latest version. Otherwise for minor corrections, new CASUAL scripts can be deployed remotely.

Updates
    CASUAL provides updates WAAAAY quicker than Verizon. As soon as I push an update to the Subversion repo it appears automatically in EVERY casual. See below for the change log.
    25JAN13: Initial release.
    25JAN13: put your device into download mode automatically on Windows. Windows users, let me know if this is annoying. -auto CASUAL update
    26JAN13: Instruct Windows users to install the proper bootloader -- auto CASUAL update
    26JAN13: more concise directions --auto CASUAL update
    7MAR13: Initiated beta test of one-click operation on all platforms!
    17MAR13: Cross-platform Heimdall is now in effect with CASUAL R311b
    20MAR13: Removed mac blocker from script --auto CASUAL update.
    6APR13: kill-switch activated as most of repository has been restructured and drivers/dependencies will not be deployed. This will be resolved soon with a new version.
    7APR13: New version includes better driver support via jrloper's CADI and on-the-fly updates for drivers and more. 32/64bit Heimdall for Mac is now supported. Several irrelevant command line features were added as well.
    18APR13: CASUAL R417 Several fixes with improved logging and pastebin support thanks to jrloper
    2May13: killswitch for old versions implemented.
    Ironically I probably wouldn't have noticed the hole used this time had they not added the blacklisting of the old versions. Looking at the code for that gave me a push in the right direction
    Troubleshooting
    70% of problems with CASUAL involve USB cables and USB ports. All other problems can be tracked back to Windows XP.

CASUAL Stops and my phone is in Odin Mode/Download Mode
    Use a different USB cable and a different USB port. Personally, I have two USB cables which work for everything and anything but they fail when it comes to Odin/Download Mode.

CASUAL displays Disconnected and won't let me press the button
    Put your device into ADB mode. Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging

CASUAL is not working and it's not something above
    Did you install drivers? If you installed drivers, you need to uninstall and delete them. You don't need them because Windows installs them. Actually, they're poisonous, and some drivers install themselves with a future date which causes them to be un-upgradable. This means, you've shot yourself in the foot. You can run Samsung Kies and do the troubleshoot connection wizard, or you can go to device manager and uninstall the driver + delete driver.

CASUAL is not working and I'm absolutely sure it's not a driver issue
    1. Let everything sit for a bit. CASUAL will generally pop up a troubleshooting message.
    2. If you're sure nothing has happened for the last 3 minutes, disconnect the USB and restart the device normally.
    3. Restart your computer
    4. Try again using a new stock USB cable, on a different USB port, preferably located in the back of the computer.

I just want to annoy you
    First grab a hammer and go outside into the back yard and hit yourself repeatedly in the head. If you do not have a hammer, borrow one from your neighbor. If you don't have a yard, borrow one from your neighbor. If you don't have a head, mission accomplished.
    You probly caught it in the middle of a commit. try this: http://d-h.st/6c6

This is CASUAL Revision 311. This includes quicker startup, a full Open Source stack of software, no Odin, auto-downloads, auto-executes, and it works on Windows and Linux. For Windows you have Drivers and MSRedist (both installed by CASUAL), this is a one-click procedure. We are working on making it easier by the day and expect the next release to be even easier. For now, the driver requires you to select "Gadget Serial" and hit install.

I will bump this up to the first thread now because I've already tested on Window and Linux. Droid Modder X said he would have a video out soon.
    there no way to unlock boot loader on odin another way ?
    Please stand by. I expect to have everything working again today. The purpose of the down-time is to ensure there will be no Downtime in the future. I'm working on it now...

Basically, its down because jrloper and myself are reworking and upgrading. the CASUAL repository system. It will soon be infinitely expandable and able to pull resources from anywhere.

An unfortunate side-effect of this is Quality Control takes a bit of time.. as we test, its getting better, faster, accommodating for more errors, performing more troubleshooting, becoming safer and even accounting for errors in data transfer across the internet.

Its almost ready.