Push pictures / music and movies to pc

Search This thread

descb600f

Jun 30, 2009
OK I'm sure I read somewhere how to do this on my night shifts but now cannot find anything.
All I am trying to do is put a DLNA service onto my pc to allow me to show pictures etc from the phone to the PC

All I can find on the web is how to access my PC media from my phone.

xmob101

Jun 8, 2009
It's quite straight forward. Make sure both the phone and computer are connected to the same wifi network. Open windows media player on your computer and under the streaming tab there should be a setting allowing 'devices to connect via the Internet' something along those lines, sorry I'm not in front of my computer. Now on the phone when you view a picture or play a video using the stock apps there should be a wifi-ish icon, tap that and it'll transfer to the windows media player. Should be available in the music player app too but I haven't tried that.

Sorry I think I've explained that pretty badly lol. But try it and if you get stuck I'll help you out later when I get home from work.

descb600f

Jun 30, 2009
I have an option to allow internet access to media but I want to play mobile media on the computer not the other way around.

All the options on the streaming tab are to allow the media on the computer to be accessed externally or streamed to a device on the network.

I am trying to treat my PC like a DLNA tv and play the media from my phone onto the PC.

Here is what I see if this helps

2014-01-15214448_zps7f36fb7e.jpg

and

2014-01-15214505_zps3706716c.jpg

Last edited:

xmob101

Jun 8, 2009
Yep, I know what you're asking for. I've just retraced my own steps so here it is: Make sure the computer and phone are on the same network. On your windows media player click 'stream' and choose 'allow remote control of my player'. Now play a video on your phone and click that icon on the top left corner. It should bring up any devices around on the same network that are capable of receiving the stream, your PC / windows media player among them. Select it and it should start streaming.

Once it's playing on the PC you can change the volume and skip scenes from the phone as well as the PC. Also as a bonus you can press the home button and use your phone as normal with the video still playing on your PC.

Let me know how you get on...

Edit: This should be the same for pictures as well as music using the stock apps. They all play in windows media player.

Last edited:

descb600f

Jun 30, 2009
I tried that last night. My phone can see my 2 sonos players for music and nothing for videos. I didn't try pictures. I'll have another look when I get up. Can I just check, my pc being wired not wifi shouldn't effect this.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

xmob101

Jun 8, 2009
No it shouldn't, as long as they're both on the same network. Keep trying and it should work. I remember when I had to set it up a few months ago, it took me a few tries before it finally worked.

Just to make sure...you are leaving the windows media player running right?

Last edited:

descb600f

Jun 30, 2009
Tried again linked my windows live id but nothing, I'm not completely sure my options are the same as yours. I do not have the exact wording "allow remote control of my player"

xmob101

Jun 8, 2009
You do have that option, it's in the first pic you posted. Click stream and it's the second option 'allow remote control of my player'.

You shouldn't have to link your live Id or anything. When the phone does the scan it'll show whatever your computer is named. Only if the windows media player is running on your pc at the time.

Reactions: descb600f

descb600f

Jun 30, 2009
HMMMM kind of working now ta.
Was sure I had tried that option but obviously not.
Bizarrely the phone now sees my TV as as well.
Only managed to push pictures so far but most other things are on the network anyway.
Cheers for that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You do have that option, it's in the first pic you posted. Click stream and it's the second option 'allow remote control of my player'.

You shouldn't have to link your live Id or anything. When the phone does the scan it'll show whatever your computer is named. Only if the windows media player is running on your pc at the time.