Amazon FireTV teardown photos

Search This thread

rocket69

May 9, 2009
So i got the new toy and after using ADB to side load app's and some testing i wanted to see the good stuff inside. I would have been happy with the FCC photos but they are locked for 180 days.

I hope they will keep others from trying to break open the PITA shell.
Ifixit Photos better then mine

Antutu

Last edited:

Esso1001

Apr 5, 2014
Im running latest gotham nightly with both acceleration disable and runs like a charm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocket69

May 9, 2009
Im running latest gotham nightly with both acceleration disable and runs like a charm

I'll have to give that a spin as it was far worse and crash when I disabled them.

What build date are you using that plays 1080 like a champ?

Ones I've tested are more of a chump.

Syk69

May 5, 2012
I'll have to give that a spin as it was far worse and crash when I disabled them.

What build date are you using that plays 1080 like a champ?

Ones I've tested are more of a chump.

Xbmc for ouya runs pretty well. Does DD/DTS hdmi passthrough. I use the plexbmc addon to watch off my plex server. Every once in awhile will notice a dropped frame. But seems to be the best one according to xbmc forums. For the moment anyway. Till a proper version specifically optimized for the fire tv comes out.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV

Esso1001

Apr 5, 2014
The one im running is gotham beta 3 nightly from yesterday. I left hw aceleration on but disabled lib and medio and has been working great for me

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Sorry i miss informed you. The set up i actually have is change acceleration to software and enable allow multi threaded software decoding. For some reason that works best for me