[GAME][3.0+] Peppy's Adventure

Search This thread

lionelanton

Apr 26, 2014
Hi all!

Peppy's Adventure is an action puzzle adventure game that I developed on my free time during the last 4 months. I really designed the game like the game I always wanted to play on my phone and tablet.
It's also my first game and as I am currently looking for feedback on every aspect of the game (game design, level design, gameplay, etc.) from as many people as possible, it's completely free.
Please give it a try and comment. Many thanks in advance.

Lionel

Last edited:

v1r

Apr 23, 2014

The hardest choice I had to make was the way to control the character (Peppy). I finally choose to do it with double (redundant) D-Pad controllers, what do you think about it ?

i personally like it
it makes for faster runs when you get the hang of it
only problem i had with the game was finding the sound options lol
took me a minute or two to realise there was a > button

lionelanton

Apr 26, 2014
Ok, I'm writing "make the options buttons > and < larger" in my TODO file ^^

I'm also thinking about posting walkthrough videos because I have been told that the game is a little too much difficult sometimes (it's something hard to notice when you are the developer I guess).

v1r

Apr 23, 2014
Ok, I'm writing "make the options buttons > and < larger" in my TODO file ^^

I'm also thinking about posting walkthrough videos because I have been told that the game is a little too much difficult sometimes (it's something hard to notice when you are the developer I guess).

Yeah some hints would be nice

lionelanton

Apr 26, 2014
Thanks! that was way easier than i imagined

You're welcome :)

I just updated the game:
- removed all permissions needed
- added FLAG_KEEP_SCREEN_ON to keep the device's screen on while the game is active

I will deal with the (<) and (>) buttons in the options tomorrow
Still thinking about a way to integrate hints in the game (maybe where to start and finish but this is not applicable to all levels because there many ways to finish) and also when should the game propose the hints (when the user is stuck on a level for one day for example?)

Reactions: v1r

v1r

Apr 23, 2014

I just updated the game:
- added FLAG_KEEP_SCREEN_ON to keep the device's screen on while the game is active

Still thinking about a way to integrate hints in the game (maybe where to start and finish but this is not applicable to all levels because there many ways to finish) and also when should the game propose the hints (when the user is stuck on a level for one day for example?)

Hints should be available after a number of failed attempts i think
not sure how to propose the hints as you say

gonna update now!

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

gonna update now!

just thought of a way

draw the path in the level (the path you intended)
not all the way though but just a little to get people started

lionelanton

Apr 26, 2014

gonna update now!

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

just thought of a way

draw the path in the level (the path you intended)
not all the way though but just a little to get people started

I agree on the number of failed attempts but not sure about drawing the path (even the beginning of it) it might be tricky because time is also in the equation, on some levels foxes need to be at the right location at the right time. Maybe some checkpoints which fade out with time or something like that could be a way to show path and time

Anyway thank you for the suggestion, it helps me think :)

lionelanton

Apr 26, 2014
I'm wondering if I should add some sort of facebook, twitter or google+ integration (even if this is the kind of things I never use in games)
what's your opinion ?

lionelanton

Apr 26, 2014
Thank you guys!
I'm currently working on optimizing the game for slower devices. Did anyone experimented low frame rates on their phone/tablet ? if so what is your device ? thanks

Last edited:

lionelanton

Apr 26, 2014
Hey guys :)
I just added 45 new levels
- 30 in an adventure designed for beginners
- 15 in another adventure for hardcore gamers

lionelanton

Apr 26, 2014
I uploaded walkthrough videos , they will be accessible from the game pause menu when you try at least 10 times to pass a level without success.
Be sure to update when the next version is up on Google play in the next hours :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!

Peppy's Adventure is an action puzzle adventure game that I developed on my free time during the last 4 months. I really designed the game like the game I always wanted to play on my phone and tablet.
    It's also my first game and as I am currently looking for feedback on every aspect of the game (game design, level design, gameplay, etc.) from as many people as possible, it's completely free.
    Please give it a try and comment. Many thanks in advance.

Lionel
    Now this is my kind of game!
    good work

The hardest choice I had to make was the way to control the character (Peppy). I finally choose to do it with double (redundant) D-Pad controllers, what do you think about it ?
    Thanks! that was way easier than i imagined

I just updated the game:

Thanks DGNT :)
    About the way to control the character, I tried different methods including swiping but because some levels require an extreme responsiveness, buttons was the best controls because they have zero latency.

I see. I guess it has to be that way since the score is based on time and not number of moves. I gave you a 5 star =).

What engine did you use to make this?
    What's a level editor?

It's the software I developed to create levels