[ROM] NRGZ28's 'Rose' ROM Ver 1.3 [Nov 11th]

Search This thread

rickwyatt

Feb 7, 2007
london
Well the bug list is almost clear right now and the "menu" problem I mention in the bug post is intermittent I see. Maybe just a fluke sometimes.. I dont know. So after I add a few more goodies in it, like celetask.. etc it should be a great ROM and better than Kavana's for sure :p

BUG NOT FIXED CAMERA ALBUM STILL HAS LOADING BUG

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Well it works just fine for me and I havent had any compaints about it... Are you sure you didnt load some funky keymap file on your device and that's why its doing it ?

germansak

Jan 22, 2008
La Plata
Damn I can´t wait to get home to install it!! I´m sooo anxious. BTW NRG, I know it´s too early since you probably have a lot of work on fixing stuff, but if you plan on translate your ROM into other languages (if it´s doable of course) consider me to help you on the Spanish version.
I'll post you some feedback this afternoon and congrats on a ROM that I´m sure will become a must have on our Excaliburs
Cheers

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Thank you. I dont have too much work ahead of me, it works pretty well so far. I even ported the nice dialer to my blackjack. I will provide a cab for the update dialer to be used on other devices later :)

I will be able to translate it to other languges as I have .mui files for several languages. But that will probably be a project for later... :)

tomiglio

Jun 12, 2007
London
Is there a way to get the top bar transparent? And what happened to application launcher? is there a way to get that back as well? Anyway the rom is awesome,totally rocks !

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
The top bar IS transparent... maybe try a different background. And what is the "application launcher" ?!

tomiglio

Jun 12, 2007
London
application launcher is that panel where you can put some of the applications.Another thing,how do i remove getting started? tried removing it through the home screen but doesbnt seem to work

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
I dont know what you're talking about with the application launcher, but you have to remember this is a STOCK OEM ROM, not your customized ROM you had before :) And I was able to remove the getting started panel just fine, by going to the last page and clicking "Remove Getting started" :) So I dont know what you're doing wrong...

nhung

Apr 28, 2008
I think tomiglio means the sliding panel application launcher.

I have not install the ROM, so I do not know if it has the CHome Configurator. If it does, use it to add your applications. If it does not, install it and add your applications.

the-light

May 11, 2008
Nokia 8.3 5G
Thank you. I dont have too much work ahead of me, it works pretty well so far. I even ported the nice dialer to my blackjack. I will provide a cab for the update dialer to be used on other devices later :)

I will be able to translate it to other languges as I have .mui files for several languages. But that will probably be a project for later... :)

well done nrgz
thought u where joking about making a new rom..
do u got an hebrew .mui?

n0d

May 29, 2008
Dominican Republic
h

:p VAMOS A PROBAR EL MEW ROM BY NRG A VER SI ESTA CHULO LO BAJO AHORA MISMO

:(PLEASE EXCUSE ME SPANISH I AN DOMINICAN Y LIVING IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC:eek:

germansak

Jan 22, 2008
La Plata
Ok, so far it's working really smooth and nice. The only thing I've found (I don't know if it's a bug) is that windows media player doesn't reflect what's playing on homescreen.
Other than that I think it's really awesome ROM. I'm gonna wait installing my fav apps (Pocket Media Player, SmartToolkit) to see if you come to a solution on Windows Live issue.
Suggestion: Why isn't Rinku/NRG Iconbar embedded in the ROM. I think most of us have it installed and it's really cool.

Cheers

sphinx780

Dec 19, 2007
St. Paul, MN
Ok, I was dinking around with the ROM....nice and smooth.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but figure it might help a few of us if we screw up with this.

Then I played the roll of idiot and hit the wrong back-up replacement from SPB, leaving me with no ability to connect to activesync.

So, here's my newbie question of the day. I can get to the tricolor bootloader screen per NRG's instructions but need to know how to reflash to either rose or rickwyatt's ROM at this point. Try running the updater but am getting the 270 error but right now have no way to get the app unlock on to my phone. Maybe I'm missing something but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Update: 3rd Hard Reset got me back to 'rose' so I'm good.

Last edited:

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Next time that happens and you're in the tricolor screen, go download one of the offficial ROMs for your device. Say you have a TMobile Dash for example, you'll go download the official TMobile US WM6 rom. Then you'll be able to flash your ROM and activesync. Then, you can flash back to rickys, kavana's or mine :)

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Ok, so far it's working really smooth and nice. The only thing I've found (I don't know if it's a bug) is that windows media player doesn't reflect what's playing on homescreen.
Other than that I think it's really awesome ROM. I'm gonna wait installing my fav apps (Pocket Media Player, SmartToolkit) to see if you come to a solution on Windows Live issue.
Suggestion: Why isn't Rinku/NRG Iconbar embedded in the ROM. I think most of us have it installed and it's really cool.

Cheers

It's not supposed to. I believe that panel is supposed to reflect what's playing in HTC's own Audio Manager. I believe there's a settings somewhere for it, but I dont recall where now....

Keep in mind with is ROM you can always revert to the microsoft sliding panels, by going to screen settings..... and have it look like does on Kavanas' :)

mossimo53

Jul 22, 2008
NRG...why dun u work for HTC?? i think all of us would put in a pretty good word for ya. appreciate the new rom...have yet to be on a computer where i have admin rights to flash the rom but from the looks and sound of it...badass!!

mossimo53

Jul 22, 2008
NRG..why dun ya work for HTC?? i think everybody here would put in a good word for ya. cant wait to get this new rom on my phone...have yet to be on a comp with admin rights...from the looks and sound of it...badass!!

Last edited: