Cannot Root. Need help!

Search This thread

HD2FORNICK

Mar 14, 2011
I installed the KK ROM wit the TOT method and then rooted the phone and installed the CWM recovery as an apk. Now when I go into SU, it says I am not rooted. I tried 2 methods to root but unsuccessful. It boots into CWM recovery and then nothing. Do I need to reinstall the OS with the TOT method again? Any ideas?

jdk2

I installed the KK ROM wit the TOT method and then rooted the phone and installed the CWM recovery as an apk. Now when I go into SU, it says I am not rooted. I tried 2 methods to root but unsuccessful. It boots into CWM recovery and then nothing. Do I need to reinstall the OS with the TOT method again? Any ideas?
This method works perfectly: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51480568&postcount=1
After root, use this to get the correct recovery: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52945705&postcount=1
Once the phone boots into the UI, use Freegee to install the latest recovery.

Reactions: chappatti

mk3

Aug 1, 2008
GMT -8
Same problem here phone was rooted and then installed CWM and for some reason lost root. Its not a CWM bootloop.

When the root step requires "Apply Update from ADB" I cannot because CWM doesn't have that option.

HD2FORNICK

Mar 14, 2011
Same problem here phone was rooted and then installed CWM and for some reason lost root. Its not a CWM bootloop.

When the root step requires "Apply Update from ADB" I cannot because CWM doesn't have that option.

I got bad news bro. I had to re TOT the phone and start from scratch. There is a CWM 6.0.4.4 floating around causing this issue. The phone loses root but it constantly boots into CWM when trying to root.

Reactions: mk3

HD2FORNICK

Mar 14, 2011
ROOT achieved, now need recovery!

OK, so I had to re TOT and get the phone back to factory state with 4.4. Then I was able to root successfully and now I am wondering how and which recovery to use. Could someone please post a link to Philz recovery and can I flash it with the same root toll with ADB sideload? THanks.

mk3

Aug 1, 2008
GMT -8
Ok I figured out how to get root back on my phone! Yay!

Run the same F240 root tool as usual, it will reboot phone into CWM recovery but you can't choose "apply update from ADB" so instead pick INSTALL ZIP, then choose INSTALL ZIP FROM SIDELOAD. Press any key on computer to load root files then at next step in CWM choose GO BACK, then choose REBOOT SYSTEM NOW. At next step in CWM will ask "Rom may flash stock recovery on boot. F1 This can not be undone." here I choose NO. Phone will reboot and root is restored. I think before I was scared and chose YES on this step and that's what lost my root.

Root Check Basic and SuperSU both show I am rooted and back to okay.

:good:

HD2FORNICK

Mar 14, 2011

Run the same F240 root tool as usual, it will reboot phone into CWM recovery but you can't choose "apply update from ADB" so instead pick INSTALL ZIP, then choose INSTALL ZIP FROM SIDELOAD. Press any key on computer to load root files then at next step in CWM choose GO BACK, then choose REBOOT SYSTEM NOW. At next step in CWM will ask "Rom may flash stock recovery on boot. F1 This can not be undone." here I choose NO. Phone will reboot and root is restored. I think before I was scared and chose YES on this step and that's what lost my root.

Ok so i need a custom recovery such one did you use. I need one that can read the external card.

jdk2

Ok so i need a custom recovery such one did you use. I need one that can read the external card.
I used that CWM 6.0.4.4 recovery to install a custom recovery only. Once it flashes the recovery, reboot the phone. Answer No to the disclaimer in recovery and let the phone boot into kitkat. Then I used Freegee to install it's latest version of CWM. Ignore the warning if you get one in Freegee. It will install the newer recovery.

Reactions: HD2FORNICK

HD2FORNICK

Mar 14, 2011
I used that CWM 6.0.4.4 recovery to install a custom recovery only. Once it flashes the recovery, reboot the phone. Answer No to the disclaimer in recovery and let the phone boot into kitkat. Then I used Freegee to install it's latest version of CWM. Ignore the warning if you get one in Freegee. It will install the newer recovery.

The last time I did that and installed the CWM 6.0.4.4 I lost root and freegee couldn't install another recovery but I'll give it a shot again.

Akhileshjj

Apr 23, 2012
Bangalore
Can you please share the custom recovery that you flashed from 6.0.4.4 ?

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

jdk2

Can you be bit more specific on how did you download the 6.0.4.7 from freegee. As i see only install option available only in freegee but not download so that it can be installed from 6.0.4.4..

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk
When I opened Freegee, it presented the option to install 6.0.4.7. It wasn't a stand alone version but part of Freegee.

cheetah81

Jan 24, 2013
Islamabad
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Thanks its works

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This method works perfectly: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51480568&postcount=1
    After root, use this to get the correct recovery: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52945705&postcount=1
    Once the phone boots into the UI, use Freegee to install the latest recovery.

I got bad news bro. I had to re TOT the phone and start from scratch. There is a CWM 6.0.4.4 floating around causing this issue. The phone loses root but it constantly boots into CWM when trying to root.
    The last time I did that and installed the CWM 6.0.4.4 I lost root and freegee couldn't install another recovery but I'll give it a shot again.
    You'll loose root if you answer "Yes" to the disclaimer CWM throws when you try to reboot. Just answer "No" and you won't loose root.