Partition Table

Search This thread

aranurea

Dec 18, 2011
Has anyone been able to get access to the partition table of the G2? I ask because I use only 1 of the 3.5 GB partitioned for the system ROM and would like to use the remaining as internal storage. If not, how likely is it for someone to gain access to it on this device?

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: leomd333

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Has anyone been able to get access to the partition table of the G2? I ask because I use only 1 of the 3.5 GB partitioned for the system ROM and would like to use the remaining as internal storage. If not, how likely is it for someone to gain access to it on this device?

This has been discussed before, and the conclusion was that it is way too risky to mess with the partitioning of the device for just 3.5 gb extra space. Hence the "Just stop" from the person above.

You can expand your storage through an OTG flash drive - check this out: meenova.com

leomd333

Feb 20, 2013
This has been discussed before, and the conclusion was that it is way too risky to mess with the partitioning of the device for just 3.5 gb extra space. Hence the "Just stop" from the person above.

You can expand your storage through an OTG flash drive - check this out: meenova.com

I could really do with that 3.5 gb myself, i have about 8 GB of music on my device, If i take more than about 3 short 1080p clips. BOOM, storage full! :laugh:

kashk5

Apr 18, 2006
Keep in mind that some firmwares rely upon exact partition sizes to work correctly, and that altering those partitions may end up bricking your device.

This isn't just some warning to keep novice users from bricking their devices by accident, it's a legitimate issue where the benefits don't outweigh the risks.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

aranurea

Dec 18, 2011
I understand now. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.