[R&D]Integrating Artificial Intelligence into ROM

Search This thread

mshita

Dec 19, 2011
Hi everyone,

This is a post to existing ROM developers. A childhood dream of mine has always been to create a technology that makes any type of connected device intelligent in a general way. This is a goal that is now real in version 1.0 and is currently being integrated into an automation app.

You can see a CONCEPT video here (though, because Engadget never talked to me, the entire article is based on assumptions from the author. There is an awesome data privacy/control model in place and the tech doesn't "think" for you lol):

Doesn't look like I'm senior enough to post a link. So Google "Kimera Systems Engagdet" and the video will be the first result

And a recent tech meetup presentation with quick demo here (what tech can do today and how it is expected to evolve in 2014):

In the ideal world this type of AI is integrated deeper into the ROM to enable a real device experience rather than an app experience. And that's the point of this post. At some point we'll open up the framework (a API to a user's "personal cloud" - Because each user owns their own data and can host their cloud anywhere they want, each users API will have its own endpoint url) for anyone who wishes to integrate AI into their ROM, launcher, or app. But today we're too early for a general release and instead looking to partner with an existing developer who can see the long term potential.

If you're a ROM developer and interested in at least learning more, PM me and we can have an initial chat.

PS. Has to be for a Sprint Samsung Note 3 ROM. Why? I have that device and obviously for me to support you on development .... well, it would be ideal for me being able to run your ROM :) And also, since Note 3 is by far the absolute best device out there, I'm curious how you can innovate the user experience with this technology to something even better few people can imagine.

jspsuperman

Feb 19, 2011
Visalia
I thought google was working on this and it was named project "Majel", which is a reference to Majel Barrett of Star Trek fame for anybody in the know

katylawrence

Oct 8, 2012
Mumbai
www.ayanblog.com
Mind blowing, every time when I see something like this happening with technology I wonder that most of the things we saw in Si-Fi movies are about to come real. :) it's started, messing up with AI has started at right time and we are very fortunate to see something incredible in upcoming years.

Reactions: mhutton and micmars

dhufford81

Jul 18, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Mind blowing, every time when I see something like this happening with technology I wonder that most of the things we saw in Si-Fi movies are about to come real. :) it's started, messing up with AI has started at right time and we are very fortunate to see something incredible in upcoming years.

Yeah, like Skynet and T1000 Military robots/drones. It will be awesome to be oppressed by our governments with AI! I cannot wait!

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
I swear if my phone starts calling itself sonny I will do what I have to with nanites......

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

mshita

Dec 19, 2011
This sounds really interesting. I would like some more info if possible, unfortunately just that since I don't have an N3 (Sprint S3 instead).

And here's the link for others:

In short (okay, maybe not short) we built the technology to focus on

• Allowing any connected device to understand the world the same way you do. That means "human-like intelligence' (and I believe we're the first one to have cracked that nut) and the ability for your devices to mimic your personality.
  • Complete data privacy. I hate the idea that 3rd party companies own and control your data and literally turning you into a product they can sell to advertisers. So we've implemented a "personal cloud" solution. The idea is that instead of all your Android devices connected to Google server farm, or Facebook server farm when starting your FB app, or Apple server farm for iOS etc....I want us to get to a point where all your devices connect to your personal cloud and that you can host your cloud anywhere you want so that you have full control over it. This means no one, including my startup, will ever get into a position to controlling the intelligence or data on the global network. Or in other words, no NSA and no Skynet.
  • This is the most important part: Devices need to understand "WHY?". Why are you doing this or that? etc. Anyone who can answer the question why exhibits real human intelligence. That is the main point of this AI.

From a practical standpoint, the AI really interconnects these personal clouds in specific ways so that they can "produce" intelligence. The result is an "intelligence briefing" that is sent to the device allowing the device to understand what is going on and why and provide information where the device can find apps, services, content so that device can automatically connect to the app. (no app stores or social networks or commerce platforms, just direct from user to service/product/app provider).

Kind went into the technical details here, but hopefully it answered your question :)

And thank you for posting the link :)

Reactions: kashis32 and CNexus

slow_one

Dec 11, 2011

..."human-like intelligence'' and the ability for your devices to mimic your personality...

I guess the real money in the future is to develop "psychiatric therapy centers" for electronic devices AI. if is going to be "human-like intelligence''... LOL now you're one step ahead of the curve.

jamice4u

In that case you also need jail cells for devices who decide to break the law :)

LOL! If it is being designed by a man you better believe that! The ultimate punishment will be having the device deactivated and being forced to run the Palm OS for the rest of its life.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: LMMT

digitalsynner85

Sep 15, 2011
New Iberia, Louisiana
Yeah both of those OSs will make a phone feel retarded. It will be the equivalent of having a stroke for a cell phone.

Forgot Apple iOS lol, if it was forced to run iOS it might start uninstalling itself and cause your device to brick to prevent it from having to deal w/ the OS........software seppuku lol

Reactions: jamice4u

jamice4u

Forgot Apple iOS lol, if it was forced to run iOS it might start uninstalling itself and cause your device to brick to prevent it from having to deal w/ the OS........software seppuku lol

Having to run the IOS will be for misdemeanors and the Palm OS would be for life sentences. The blackberry OS is for everything in between.

digitalsynner85

Sep 15, 2011
New Iberia, Louisiana
Having to run the IOS will be for misdemeanors and the Palm OS would be for life sentences. The blackberry OS is for everything in between.

I had used the palm treo for a while. It was cool for one of the first "operating system based phones", but maybe going back, since after not using it for so long, I would probably have to concur lol. I need to pick one up and play with it again.

Reactions: jamice4u

jamice4u

I had used the palm treo for a while. It was cool for one of the first "operating system based phones", but maybe going back, since after not using it for so long, I would probably have to concur lol. I need to pick one up and play with it again.

The Palm OS was my favorite back in the days but times change and we have to adapt and keep with the times. Palm OS was good for it's time. The funny thing is Android approached Palm first to throw their OS in their phone but Palm told android to F-off. That decision F-ed Palm and now they are no longer making smartphones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

This is a post to existing ROM developers. A childhood dream of mine has always been to create a technology that makes any type of connected device intelligent in a general way. This is a goal that is now real in version 1.0 and is currently being integrated into an automation app.

You can see a CONCEPT video here (though, because Engadget never talked to me, the entire article is based on assumptions from the author. There is an awesome data privacy/control model in place and the tech doesn't "think" for you lol):

Doesn't look like I'm senior enough to post a link. So Google "Kimera Systems Engagdet" and the video will be the first result

And a recent tech meetup presentation with quick demo here (what tech can do today and how it is expected to evolve in 2014):

In the ideal world this type of AI is integrated deeper into the ROM to enable a real device experience rather than an app experience. And that's the point of this post. At some point we'll open up the framework (a API to a user's "personal cloud" - Because each user owns their own data and can host their cloud anywhere they want, each users API will have its own endpoint url) for anyone who wishes to integrate AI into their ROM, launcher, or app. But today we're too early for a general release and instead looking to partner with an existing developer who can see the long term potential.

If you're a ROM developer and interested in at least learning more, PM me and we can have an initial chat.

PS. Has to be for a Sprint Samsung Note 3 ROM. Why? I have that device and obviously for me to support you on development .... well, it would be ideal for me being able to run your ROM :) And also, since Note 3 is by far the absolute best device out there, I'm curious how you can innovate the user experience with this technology to something even better few people can imagine.
    This sounds really interesting. I would like some more info if possible, unfortunately just that since I don't have an N3 (Sprint S3 instead).

And here's the link for others: http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/13/kimera-systems-wants-your-smartphone-to-think-for-you/
    I guess the real money in the future is to develop "psychiatric therapy centers" for electronic devices AI. if is going to be "human-like intelligence''... LOL now you're one step ahead of the curve.

In that case you also need jail cells for devices who decide to break the law :)

And here's the link for others:

• Allowing any connected device to understand the world the same way you do. That means "human-like intelligence' (and I believe we're the first one to have cracked that nut) and the ability for your devices to mimic your personality.
    • Complete data privacy. I hate the idea that 3rd party companies own and control your data and literally turning you into a product they can sell to advertisers. So we've implemented a "personal cloud" solution. The idea is that instead of all your Android devices connected to Google server farm, or Facebook server farm when starting your FB app, or Apple server farm for iOS etc....I want us to get to a point where all your devices connect to your personal cloud and that you can host your cloud anywhere you want so that you have full control over it. This means no one, including my startup, will ever get into a position to controlling the intelligence or data on the global network. Or in other words, no NSA and no Skynet.
    • This is the most important part: Devices need to understand "WHY?". Why are you doing this or that? etc. Anyone who can answer the question why exhibits real human intelligence. That is the main point of this AI.

From a practical standpoint, the AI really interconnects these personal clouds in specific ways so that they can "produce" intelligence. The result is an "intelligence briefing" that is sent to the device allowing the device to understand what is going on and why and provide information where the device can find apps, services, content so that device can automatically connect to the app. (no app stores or social networks or commerce platforms, just direct from user to service/product/app provider).

Kind went into the technical details here, but hopefully it answered your question :)

And thank you for posting the link :)