TickerHistory FC on boot

Search This thread

5thAgent

Feb 15, 2010
Lutz, FL
My phone boots, works for all of about 30 seconds, then TickerHistory FC's, and the phone goes unresponsive until it reboots on its own or I do a battery pull.

I really really really can't have a brick on my hands. What can I do to resolve this?

samuelhadams

Dec 14, 2010
My phone boots, works for all of about 30 seconds, then TickerHistory FC's, and the phone goes unresponsive until it reboots on its own or I do a battery pull.

I really really really can't have a brick on my hands. What can I do to resolve this?

I'm not a developer but the first question they're going to ask is, "What have you done to your phone thus far?"

(i.e. updated it, rooted it, deleted apps, etc.)

5thAgent

Feb 15, 2010
Lutz, FL
Good call. I removed some bloatware (just a few game demos and the stupid vcast apps store) and rooted. I've hardly done anything. This all started when I removed and re-added my facebook account in accounts. Since this started, I've managed to remove my facebook account from the accounts list, but I'm still having the same problem.

dfgged

Nov 13, 2010
Good call. I removed some bloatware (just a few game demos and the stupid vcast apps store) and rooted. I've hardly done anything. This all started when I removed and re-added my facebook account in accounts. Since this started, I've managed to remove my facebook account from the accounts list, but I'm still having the same problem.

First thing you should probably do is a factory reset.

5thAgent

Feb 15, 2010
Lutz, FL
I was unable to do a factory reset. The phone wouldn't function long enough for that to work. I doubt that would have fixed it anyway. Regardless, I got a replacement device. All is well.

trailblazer101

Dec 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
There was always the factory reset in the recovery screen... (and ODIN flashing)
Just wondering, how long did it take you to get a replacement Continuum?
My Continuum is technically, "Working".. But my baseband version is much lower than it should, and it can't be upgraded (easily).. which means sporadic dropped calls, etc..

5thAgent

Feb 15, 2010
Lutz, FL
I took it to verizon, showed them my phone, and they said "hold on" and went into the back room. They returned with a new phone. Easy as pie.