[Q] Need help unbricking

Search This thread

zaros104

Mar 17, 2014
Bricked my droid bionic about a day ago, and have been looking across the web to find a fix. Here is the current information I have on it:

- Low battery
- Boot mode selection menu 0a.53 (assuming stock recovery)
- Stock recovery options with 'apply update from sd, wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache partition
- apply update with just about any zip returns 'E: Signature verification failed', including the ROM previously used.
- Able to enter BP sbf flash mode, but decide cannot communicate (maybe cable)
- Able to enter ap fastboot mode, and usb transfer mode is obtainable. Before battery was on low, could program. Now get 'cannot program'.
- In ap fastboot mode, with usb transfer mode active, PC unable to communicate. Attempted with apk, apktoolkit, and RSDlite
- Have backups made by clockwork recovery of the whole device
- Have copy of ROM zip used for previously running android instance.
- XT875 model

Willing to do just about anything to unbrick this phone. I love the phone, and I don't want to replace it. Unfortunately, my job requires me to be in constant communication so I've a need to fix it ASAP.

Edit:
Tried flashing multiple stock ROMs and other things from stock recovery with little luck, most returning invalid signature

Last edited:

deduct

Aug 27, 2013
unbrick

Bricked my droid bionic about a day ago, and have been looking across the web to find a fix. Here is the current information I have on it:

- Low battery
- Boot mode selection menu 0a.53 (assuming stock recovery)
- Stock recovery options with 'apply update from sd, wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache partition
- apply update with just about any zip returns 'E: Signature verification failed', including the ROM previously used.
- Able to enter BP sbf flash mode, but decide cannot communicate (maybe cable)
- Able to enter ap fastboot mode, and usb transfer mode is obtainable. Before battery was on low, could program. Now get 'cannot program'.
- In ap fastboot mode, with usb transfer mode active, PC unable to communicate. Attempted with apk, apktoolkit, and RSDlite
- Have backups made by clockwork recovery of the whole device
- Have copy of ROM zip used for previously running android instance.
- XT875 model

Willing to do just about anything to unbrick this phone. I love the phone, and I don't want to replace it. Unfortunately, my job requires me to be in constant communication so I've a need to fix it ASAP.

Edit:
Tried flashing multiple stock ROMs and other things from stock recovery with little luck, most returning invalid signature

You are going to need rsd lite on your PC. The fxz files for your current build. A Motorola brand USB cord. And the latest Motorola drivers.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2728352

See post #7 for the fxz build you will need to use.

SPheDaGhost

Aug 30, 2014
Unbricking

I ran into same problem before, with Motorola it's a pain to do anything especially charging the batteries on it once it's been brick. If you search around this forum you can find a little article about a guy tweaking his ps3 controller to charger his battery. I wouldn't recommend doing this if you don't know what you're doing. But what I did was buy this little device that charges any phone battery I'm not sure if I can link a photo but i'll try it, not i'll give a name. In order to RSD and use ab fastboot mode on the xt875 you'll need at least 70-80 percent battery life, at least that's what the guys here on the forum recommend. But I've been able to unbrick my device only 40 percent battery life. Now once that battery is charge to a reasonable charge. You'll have to download the cdma targa file for your phone. I don't think anyone matters as long as it's the exact same or newer of your phone's original firmware. Extract the targa file and then run RSD lite click the ... button to open file and locate your extracted cfc file. Now you may run into some flashing issues with failure in step 5/10 and if you don't, don't worry about it. but if you do you'll have to open up the cfc file with wordpad and remove a few lines from. here are the lines that need to be removed; <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" /> AND <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />....there's another fail that happens but I haven't found anyone that had experience this problem. it seem like I was the only one that experience it. it has to do with something with the fail flash.bin or something I'm not sure. But I left a comment about this fix on this forum somewhere if you care to search for it. once you edit and remove those above mention lines save and run it again and it should operate flawlessly. I have also left a link down there for the edit cfc file and pictures of the device I was referring to about charging your batteries directly.

also you mention that it could be a cable thing. I read a lot of this but I've use the cable wires from my Samsung without any mishaps besides the above mention issues with 5/10 but this was a common problem that even thoses with a Motorola cable had faced. from what I know theses wires are exactly they're usb 2.0 wires and couldn't differ from each other that much. but it is probably better to use the exact cable than a non exact one. the reason it won't communicate is the battery is low as I have mention you'll have to charge this battery of yours to a decent 40 and up for it to run cause the process of re flashing can take anywhere 10-15 minutes and you don't want it to die in the middle of flashing your firmware. cause this I believe can lead to a hardbrick. the stock verification recovery will always have that return that value even from stock roms. Therefore it is recommend to use the RSD lite so you won't face that problem. I hope this helps.

jpr9845

Jun 18, 2013
San Diego
Bricked

I thought my phone was history. The solution was using an actual Motorola USB cable. It made all the difference.