HTC Desire V (T328W) : Update radio after installing custom ROM.

Search This thread

jp1980

Jul 2, 2012
* disclaimer, I ‘am only new on android so this procedure might include flaws and perhaps unnecessary or stupid steps. There might be better ways although it worked for me. You have to reinstall your apps. Of course I ‘am not responsible if your device gets bricked. Pay notice you will have to reinstall you’re apps again and probably a redo a lot of settings. Backup your data well

Thanks to kingcedz who got me started.

This procedure will get your radio updated to version 1.06. (at least it did in my case)
If you have installed a custom ROM already you are unable to update the radio version. In my case I had symptoms that for example the Facebook app and Google play did work over 3G even at high speed, but internet browsing was impossible. The radio update solved this.

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMANDABLE TO UPDATE THE RADIO ALSO. VERSION 1.04 DOESN’T WORK WELL ON SOME OPERATORS.
If you want to do so, we have to go through some drastic measures though. Pay notice again the result will be like a fresh install!

1. Backup all data from your phone.

2. If your bootloader locked, unlock it first.
a. For this I ‘am referring to this topic: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28172565#post28172565
Follow the ‘bootloader unlocking’ instructions first.

3. Backup your system.
a. Boot into fastboot (or you are already there!)
b. Go to bootloader
c. Go to recovery
d. Choose ‘backup and restore’
e. Choose ‘backup’

4. Lock phone
a. Boot into fast boot
b. Connect USB
c. With command prompt : “fastboot oem lock”

5. Install original RUU
a. Reboot system
b. Connect USB
c. Run original RUU.exe. In my case it was “RUU_PRIMO_DS_ICS_40A_HTCCN_CHS_CU_1.35.1402.1_Radio_1.04.34D.11_20.11.30.11U_release_256137_signed.exe”. Google will find you some downloads.
d. Follow onscreen instructions.

6. System will be rebooted. Follow setup instructions. Don’t bother too much with the settings, although make sure you set language to English and set up a WIFI if possible. That will be useful for downloading the update.

7. Update OTA
a. Go to settings >> about >> software updates >> check now
b. If asked select to download the update.
c. After downloading select ‘Install now’.
d. This will take a while. When finished you can check your version in about >> software version. Baseband should be 1.06.34D.05_20.22.30.23U and ruu should be 1.59.401.1

8. Unlock phone
a. Boot into fastboot
b. Connect USB
c. Run “fastboot flash unlocktoken” unlock_code.bin

9. Reinstall clockwork recovery
a. Boot into fastboot
b. Connect USB
c. Run command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”

10. Restore backup
b. Go to bootloader
c. Go to recovery
e. Choose ‘restore’
f. Choose backup image (check backup date to get correct one if you have multiple)
g. Scroll all the way down until you see ‘yes’. Select ‘Yes’. (google must think if we get to this place we still are not sure what we are doing)

11. To make WIFI and BT work if they don’t work.
a. Follow step 9 of this procedure:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1751788

12. Reboot!
a. Set up your phone to your preferences
b. Everything should be OK now. You have to reinstall you’re apps.

Enjoy!

hashgb

Jan 8, 2012
Thank you for your manual, today my Desire V left Hongkong to Germany, hope I can do this procedure soon.

After flashing the radio, is the device still s-off / rooted / etc.?

jp1980

Jul 2, 2012
Thank you for your manual, today my Desire V left Hongkong to Germany, hope I can do this procedure soon.

After flashing the radio, is the device still s-off / rooted / etc.?

I wouldn't know for sure I think so would you be able to restore a backup when it is s-on?

Did you order from Etotalk? I would reccomend going through my procedure first. I think you can skip the restore backup part you will end up with chinese ROM.
And after that i would reccomend installing European ROM. It includes Google Play.
After that you might need step 11 from my procedure if BT and WIFI are not working.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1751986

Myn came from etotalk a month ago and I still had an old baseband version and also ROM version.

Last edited:

Peppo

Aug 31, 2008
Hello

Is there a chance to flash the radio via fastboot ?
That will be much easier !?

Greetz Peppo

Last edited:

ReDDs3D

Apr 29, 2012
There are custom roms out for the T328w?!?!?!

Or are you talking about the default European ROM, or the default Taiwan ROM, and China ROM

Last edited:

black5029

Jul 14, 2012
i do found custom rom for desirev.. its on chinese forum, but i dont know how to download it..

* translated by google ..

rom name : [Cofface] HTC the T328W latest OTA4.0 streamline join ROOT

Features:

* Based on latest official OTA upgrade production, to join the full ROOT, to maintain the official authentic;

* Faster, streamline all official comes without procedures;

* All apk program memory optimization,

* Back-office services to optimize system memory footprint, fast running speed, power;

* Streamlining the HTC can not be used in applications and third-party Internet applications;

* Support the APN;

* Optimized 3G network / network speed optimization;

* Integrated RE File Manager, uninstall support;

WiFi, Bluetooth, SMS, call work;

* Increase the VM virtual heap size, increase RAM;

* Menu key to unlock the screen, I pro-test, only the screen lit;

* Optimized the power saving mode;

* Optimize the camera HDR algorithm;

* Integration with GP Batteries, facilitate the management of batteries and power of digital display support uninstall;

* Optimization of high-speed packet networks;

* Dual microphone open, improve call quality;

* Remove the startup sound;

* Support the beats sound;

now downloading..

Last edited:
Reactions: pingels

isma11

Dec 2, 2010
htc t328w rom link

here will find the link rom cofface :): registre menber or barcod scanner

[dl.dbank.com/c0sb9pmp3a[/url]

marccon

Aug 4, 2012
Status 7

Hi,

After downloading the OTA the system rebooted int recovery and did not load update. The update is:-

OTA_PRIMO_DS_ICS_40A_HTCCN_CHS_CU_1.71.1402.1-1.56.1402.6_release_272872kj6658r9tn9cj8ku

Tried updating using install in clockwork but I got (Status 7) error

Can anyone help?????

isma11

Dec 2, 2010
radio updated

china radio update

htc t328w radio update 1.07.34D.17 20.24.30.25U . bug fixe .faster and sim dtection problems fixe and better connection
but i lose my root no gapps
i need help to root my phone

gpx

Nov 29, 2004
Larnaca, Cyprus
htc desire v

We need some help from people from china. there is a new RUU which contains the new radio. Can somebody upload this file?
RUU_PRIMO_DS_ICS_40A_HTCCN_CHS_CU_1.71.1402.1_Radio_1.07.34D.17_20.24.30.25U_release_272837_signed.exe

Now the question is how to go from a custom rom from radio 1.06 to1.07?
I suppose that we have to relock the bootloader do a backup from custom recovery of our custom rom, flash the above exe to stock, unlock the bootloader again and flash custom recovery again.
We need the above RUU to try it.

thank you

edit we cannot go back to radio 1.04 from 1.06 and do ota since 1.04 contains older HBOOT

Last edited:

isma11

Dec 2, 2010
htc t238w

u only need the ruu zip china radio 1.04 and rename it PL11IMG
then relock your bootloader and flash it
after check for update and setting
but to root the phone back is another problems

gpx

Nov 29, 2004
Larnaca, Cyprus
htc desire v

Thank you for the info.
we need to flash the complete stock rom with radio 1.04 with the method you mentioned or just the radio 1.04?
Where can I find the flashable zip file to remane it as you said?
I have this file RUU_PRIMO_DS_ICS_40A_HTCCN_CHS_CU_1.35.1402.1_Rad io_1.04.34D.11_20.11.30.11U_release_256137_signed. exe. I dont think we can extract a zip flashable file from this file.

Now my device has unlocked bootloader, radio 1.06 (came with it) and installed european russian version and custom recovery.
I installed the european version using the pesudoflashig tools.

Can you give more details and upload the zip file needed?
thank you again

isma11

Dec 2, 2010
re

i have upload the rom for u ,rename it PL11IMG hotfile.com/dl/166036511/bfaa4a2/romPL11IMG.zip.htm
but my radio was 1.04 same as the zip ,so i dont know if it will work whit your radio version or not
good luck if you update and root your phone please let me know because didn't the the way to my and i try to downgrad back from 1.07 to 1.04 : main version is older update fail...

gpx

Nov 29, 2004
Larnaca, Cyprus
htc desire T328W

Thank you very much for the link. it cant work by flashig RUU or zip file renamed which contains oldest radio. update failed.
Actually I found the latest RUU with the newest radio from http:// b b s .zhangku.com. Flashed succesfully the new rom and my radio seems to work much better.
Radio 1.06 for me was not working well with my operators and I was loosing signal in sim 1 so I had to do upgrade.
The next step no is to unlock again bootloader flash back recovery and go back to europe rom with radio 1.07 using pseudoflashig tools or falseclock method.
I dont care much about root since europe rom contains by defauld gapps, but you can check the above site for any solution.

thanks

isma11

Dec 2, 2010
htc t328w

finaly i fond to install europ rom whit radio1.07

everything fine but no 3g data connection, but i will find solution

alex.bat98

Dec 11, 2010
Nizhniy Novgorod
OK, guys. We have official ruu and unlocked bootloader. So, why can't we extract radio.img n then use a command like fastboot flash radio radio.img? Or did I misunderstand anything?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    * disclaimer, I ‘am only new on android so this procedure might include flaws and perhaps unnecessary or stupid steps. There might be better ways although it worked for me. You have to reinstall your apps. Of course I ‘am not responsible if your device gets bricked. Pay notice you will have to reinstall you’re apps again and probably a redo a lot of settings. Backup your data well

Thanks to kingcedz who got me started.

This procedure will get your radio updated to version 1.06. (at least it did in my case)
    If you have installed a custom ROM already you are unable to update the radio version. In my case I had symptoms that for example the Facebook app and Google play did work over 3G even at high speed, but internet browsing was impossible. The radio update solved this.

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMANDABLE TO UPDATE THE RADIO ALSO. VERSION 1.04 DOESN’T WORK WELL ON SOME OPERATORS.
    If you want to do so, we have to go through some drastic measures though. Pay notice again the result will be like a fresh install!

1. Backup all data from your phone.

2. If your bootloader locked, unlock it first.
    a. For this I ‘am referring to this topic: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28172565#post28172565
    Follow the ‘bootloader unlocking’ instructions first.

3. Backup your system.
    b. Go to bootloader
    c. Go to recovery
    e. Choose ‘backup’

4. Lock phone
    a. Boot into fast boot
    b. Connect USB
    c. With command prompt : “fastboot oem lock”

5. Install original RUU
    a. Reboot system
    b. Connect USB
    c. Run original RUU.exe. In my case it was “RUU_PRIMO_DS_ICS_40A_HTCCN_CHS_CU_1.35.1402.1_Radio_1.04.34D.11_20.11.30.11U_release_256137_signed.exe”. Google will find you some downloads.
    d. Follow onscreen instructions.

6. System will be rebooted. Follow setup instructions. Don’t bother too much with the settings, although make sure you set language to English and set up a WIFI if possible. That will be useful for downloading the update.

7. Update OTA
    a. Go to settings >> about >> software updates >> check now
    b. If asked select to download the update.
    c. After downloading select ‘Install now’.
    d. This will take a while. When finished you can check your version in about >> software version. Baseband should be 1.06.34D.05_20.22.30.23U and ruu should be 1.59.401.1

8. Unlock phone
    a. Boot into fastboot
    b. Connect USB
    c. Run “fastboot flash unlocktoken” unlock_code.bin

9. Reinstall clockwork recovery
    a. Boot into fastboot
    b. Connect USB
    c. Run command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”

10. Restore backup
    b. Go to bootloader
    c. Go to recovery
    e. Choose ‘restore’
    f. Choose backup image (check backup date to get correct one if you have multiple)
    g. Scroll all the way down until you see ‘yes’. Select ‘Yes’. (google must think if we get to this place we still are not sure what we are doing)

11. To make WIFI and BT work if they don’t work.
    a. Follow step 9 of this procedure:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1751788

12. Reboot!
    a. Set up your phone to your preferences
    b. Everything should be OK now. You have to reinstall you’re apps.

Enjoy!
    D
    Deleted member 5186178
    Grrr I'm having a very unstable connection mainly on sim1 lately. The connection disappears and it only get's back when I say it to do so.
    It seems like I have to use my own instruction to update the baseband to 1.10.
    Because the procedure is quite drastic can anyone confirm that baseband 1.10 is an improvement and might solve my unstable sim1 connection? I'm currently using 1.06.

I'm only an end user and I'm horrified how difficult it can be just to have a stable phone ...

Well, if you don't get your answer yet I can tell you this: radio 1.10 does improve your phone communications: better bluetooth, gps and a more accurate network connection. Sim 2 seems to be more stable in connection than before and sounds better.
    i do found custom rom for desirev.. its on chinese forum, but i dont know how to download it..

* translated by google ..

rom name : [Cofface] HTC the T328W latest OTA4.0 streamline join ROOT

Features:

* Based on latest official OTA upgrade production, to join the full ROOT, to maintain the official authentic;

* Faster, streamline all official comes without procedures;

* All apk program memory optimization,

* Back-office services to optimize system memory footprint, fast running speed, power;

* Streamlining the HTC can not be used in applications and third-party Internet applications;

* Support the APN;

* Optimized 3G network / network speed optimization;

* Integrated RE File Manager, uninstall support;

WiFi, Bluetooth, SMS, call work;

* Increase the VM virtual heap size, increase RAM;

* Menu key to unlock the screen, I pro-test, only the screen lit;

* Optimized the power saving mode;

* Optimize the camera HDR algorithm;

* Integration with GP Batteries, facilitate the management of batteries and power of digital display support uninstall;

* Optimization of high-speed packet networks;

* Dual microphone open, improve call quality;

* Remove the startup sound;

* Support the beats sound;

now downloading..
    htc desire v

Kirkbyg I will try to help.
    I understand that your device came with radio 1.05 so most propably your T328W is a Tw version not a chinese version.
    As far as I know latest Ruu tw has radio 1.05. Only T328 china has RUu with radio 1.06 or 1.07. If you try to flash your device with RUU from a different region it will give you CID error. The only way to upgrade your radio if your device is tw T328W is either wait infill Ruu tw with higher radio is released or soff your device and change cid but jam not familiar with any such solution.

Of course you can flash any custom Rom using custom recovery or pseudoflashing tools but this will not change your radio because only part of the RUU is flashed this way system and boot IMG.

Regards

my HTC Desire V was delivered as "rooted" and "unlocked", CWM is always installed.

The Version is chinese 1.35.1402.1 radio 1.04.34D.11.

Now I plann to update the radio to 1.07. and then switch the rom to european version 1.59.401.1

How can I update the radio on an rooted device?
    It is possibile to unroot and unlock?

I have tested several ways:

1. use original RUU => does not work, i have custom bootloader
    2. OTA Update => download ok, but it will not installed
    3. pseudo flash methode => only changed the rom version

Any idea? Please help.

You can do the following:

1. First do a backup of your current Rom from custom recovery in case something goes wrong
    2. Lock your bootloader.
    3. Flash latest Chinese RUU with radio 1.07. Your device will be cleaned stock without custom recovery and root.
    4. Unlocked again your bootloader
    5. Flash custom recovery via fastboot.
    6.Now you are ready to flash custom Rom .Better to choose one with root and google play installed.
    You can do it from custom recovery or using pesudoflashing tools. Your radio will remain unchanged becaused its not flashable this way
    Please note that in case in case your Wifi or Bluetooth its not working you have to install original kernel ( boot sign img) via fastboot from the stock based Ruu custom is prepared

You are ready.
    RUU_PRIMO_DS_ICS_40A_HTCCN_CHS_CU_1.71.1402.4_Radi o_1.08.34D.25_20.25.30.26U

Here is the link to download:

RUU_PRIMO_DS_ICS_40A_HTCCN_CHS_CU_1.71.1402.4_Radio_1.08.34D.25_20.25.30.26U_release_280201_signed.exe

modelid: PL1110000

cidnum: HTCCN703

mainver: 1.71.1402.4